Playoffs: D5 #6 Ridgewood (9-1) @ #3 Wheelersburg (7-3)

OVCfan
Freshman Team

Post by OVCfan »

Alright! The Burg just keeps on keepin' on!

Still the Word :!:

"The Greatest Show on Turf"
boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Congrats Burg ;-)

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

Ridgewood got their second half touchdown when their running back Derrick Young got loose for a 57 yard run down to the 8. Matt Jenkins ran him down from behind. It took every bit of four downs including 2 from the 1 yard line to get it in the endzone on 4th and one. Their pass for a PAT hit the ground as the reciever slipped. (cagelewis was running his errand at the time.) :)

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

WHY this Average BURG team ,Looked good to me Great job men on to next week ;-)

PirateFan
Riding the Bench

Post by PirateFan »

Way to go PIRATES! What an exciting game! Get some rest and get ready for round 2 with Fredricktown.

WHAT'S THE WORD?

BURG'S THE WORD!!!!

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Great job Pirates!!! Very good game against a bigger Ridgewood team. The defense only gave up 1 long drive, but stiffened a lot after that!

Now we wait and see where we will be playing in Week 12!Circleville?,Grove City?, Lancaster?

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

Just got home from the game.........Great job Pirates!......look forward to next weeks game and rooting you on again!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Great job Pirates. After that 20 play drive that put Ridgewood on top 7-0, Burg stiffened up on defense. Burg then came right back and answered and then had to go for two and made it and then if anyone doubts that the Pirates don't have quick scoring capabilities, just ask the Ridgewood coaches and players about that. Burg got the ball back with 17.8 seconds left in the first half and scored in two plays. The first play was an unbeleivable one handed grab by Dustin Cook and then the pretty touch pass by Spradlin to Blevings, who made a hell of a catch over his shoulder with a defender all over him.

I'm thinking the game should be at either Lancaster (Burg doesn't play well there) or at Circleville (Only played there once and came away with a 34-18 win over Johnston Northridge). Circleville is 1 hour and 31 minutes for Fredricktown and 1 hour and 22 minutes for the Burg. Sounds logical to me, but when dealing with the OHSAA, you never know.

FanOfCats
Waterboy

Post by FanOfCats »

No way. Play it at Hilliard Davidson. Perfect location!!!! :-D

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

congrats to the Pirates, that was a great game to watch.

only one question?

Stamper was hurt after he ran a Touchdown, so Burg elected to go for 2..I was thinking..must not have another kicker..then.....in the second half, Burg atemps something like a 35 or more yard feild goal...only its NOT stamper kicking :? ..and that was AFTER stamper kicked a shorter feild goal...that would have prob been god from 40 :shock:

but all that matters is , you won and will advance..good luck next week.

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

biggdowgg wrote:congrats to the Pirates, that was a great game to watch.

only one question?

Stamper was hurt after he ran a Touchdown, so Burg elected to go for 2..I was thinking..must not have another kicker..then.....in the second half, Burg atemps something like a 35 or more yard feild goal...only its NOT stamper kicking :? ..and that was AFTER stamper kicked a shorter feild goal...that would have prob been god from 40 :shock:

but all that matters is , you won and will advance..good luck next week.
We have three kickers really,I agree but don't show all your cards yet i guess :roll:

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

I'm guessing on the last FG attempt that Stamper might have still been hurting.

My question is why even try a FG at that point. Try a pass downfield. Lot of things can happen. They could complete the pass for a first down. They could get a pass interference call. They pick it off and Burg tackles the defender and pins them deep. I think a FG attempt, by a player who has never attempted one, would have been the last thing on the coaching staffs minds.

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:Great job Pirates. After that 20 play drive that put Ridgewood on top 7-0, Burg stiffened up on defense. Burg then came right back and answered and then had to go for two and made it and then if anyone doubts that the Pirates don't have quick scoring capabilities, just ask the Ridgewood coaches and players about that. Burg got the ball back with 17.8 seconds left in the first half and scored in two plays. The first play was an unbeleivable one handed grab by Dustin Cook and then the pretty touch pass by Spradlin to Blevings, who made a hell of a catch over his shoulder with a defender all over him.

I'm thinking the game should be at either Lancaster (Burg doesn't play well there) or at Circleville (Only played there once and came away with a 34-18 win over Johnston Northridge). Circleville is 1 hour and 31 minutes for Fredricktown and 1 hour and 22 minutes for the Burg. Sounds logical to me, but when dealing with the OHSAA, you never know.

How far would Nelsonville be for these 2 teams? I know that we are on the list to host a playoff game.

Old School Blue Fan
Waterboy

Post by Old School Blue Fan »

Met some great fans for Ridgeveiw and they were one of the most well coached teams I have seen all year. Wheelersburg, I think is better than what they played tonight. GOOD LUCK to the BURG

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

buckfan84 wrote:
yabbadabbadoo wrote:Great job Pirates. After that 20 play drive that put Ridgewood on top 7-0, Burg stiffened up on defense. Burg then came right back and answered and then had to go for two and made it and then if anyone doubts that the Pirates don't have quick scoring capabilities, just ask the Ridgewood coaches and players about that. Burg got the ball back with 17.8 seconds left in the first half and scored in two plays. The first play was an unbeleivable one handed grab by Dustin Cook and then the pretty touch pass by Spradlin to Blevings, who made a hell of a catch over his shoulder with a defender all over him.

How far would Nelsonville be for these 2 teams? I know that we are on the list to host a playoff game.

I don't know. It is 1 hour and 34 minutes for the Burg and 1 hour and 58 minutes for Fredericktown. I still think Circleville

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

Well, we can at least provide you with half your school colors. Nice big orange end zones for you to feel right at home. lol Wherever it is Good Luck next week.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Someone made a good point on the huddle (imagine that)

The game won't be at Circleville since Circleville won tonight. Someone mentioned Teays Valley. I think Valley played Ready there a few years ago. Do they have turf or natural grass at TV?

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

http://www.nybuckeyes.com/

Here is a link to NY fan webpage. Click on link that says Boston Field links on the left. It is a turf field. Seats around 3500, I think.

PirateFan
Riding the Bench

Post by PirateFan »

Just wondering if anyone caught the sports show with JJ on ONN News? They announced that Burg got beat by Ridgewood 21-13. Tried to call them to correct it but couldn't get through to them. So we sent an email to let them know.

phishing
Waterboy

Post by phishing »

Congrads to the Burg on the win. Good Luck next week against Frederick.

May the Birds of Paradise Fly Up Your Nose.

Return to “Football”