that invading is that overnight?

swamisez
JV Team

Re: Warren Warrior Football 2008

Post by swamisez »

Prediction for 2008

2-8

Saw lots of good, but lots of bad.

The schedule gets tougher IMO, and Warren still doesn't have good football players.
Decent athletes, but not a lot of size that is functional. Having a 5'10" 360lb player that can't move isn't really size because it isn't functional.

Could be a tough year, but we will see how it shakes out.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Coach Schob would be a good addition to any coaching staff. He has a lot of enthusiasm for the game and I think he would be a great guy to help get out on to the field at Warren. Tough loss for Marietta if this ends up happening, but the Tigers loss is Warren's gain.

Warren will continue to improve. It will still be hard to turn it all the way around in one year, but I look for continued improvement in 2008.

LoveSponge425
Waterboy

Post by LoveSponge425 »

Schob is very good with the spread Offense. Will this be a package deal with his son Jason coming to Warren too?
One BIG problem with Warren and the spread, we need to have a QB that can fit the spread.

Good Luck Warriors!

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

LoveSponge425 wrote:Schob is very good with the spread Offense. Will this be a package deal with his son Jason coming to Warren too?
One BIG problem with Warren and the spread, we need to have a QB that can fit the spread.

Good Luck Warriors!

you mean to coach right?

last i heard about Jason was that he was getting married but that might just be a rumor i dont know people arent very reliable sometimes

but Jason loves football so i m sure he help out when he can

but thats if Schob goes Schenk said on another fourm that Schob has not accept the offer yet

air4ce1
Freshman Team

Post by air4ce1 »

I've talked to coach pifer and he wants to run the spread this year. last year they tried running the ball a lot and running it straight up the gut. obviously it didnt work. warren just doesnt have the size to do that against 250 lb + lineman on the other side of the ball. consequently warren needs to find a way to open up things and use other advantages like speed to win ball games. hopefully the spread will do just that. all the kids seem to like the idea and i think it would benefit the team a lot.

BigBlueinsider
Riding the Bench

Post by BigBlueinsider »

i know for a fact that many of the warren players wold welcome the spread. it would be a huge change and a wwell needed one at that.

i have also spoke with andy schob for the first sime. he seems like a great guy and he would be a great addition to the WHS staff and he would be welcomed by the players.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Whether or not Andy accepts Warren's offer, he is actively recruiting players to play football at Warren right now. That shows you what kind of guy he is...he cares about kids and the game, even if he stays at Marietta he wants to see WHS succeed.

blarge
Riding the Bench

Post by blarge »

air4ce1 wrote:I've talked to coach pifer and he wants to run the spread this year. last year they tried running the ball a lot and running it straight up the gut. obviously it didnt work. warren just doesnt have the size to do that against 250 lb + lineman on the other side of the ball. consequently warren needs to find a way to open up things and use other advantages like speed to win ball games. hopefully the spread will do just that. all the kids seem to like the idea and i think it would benefit the team a lot.

Makes you wonder If Coach Grider should have had more time to develop his system after the '02 season. We've had some tall, fast, athletic receivers sort of go to waste in the I and Wing formations these last few years.

westbrook18
All State

Post by westbrook18 »

Don't get your hopes up on Coach Schob. I have talked to him on the phone and he would like nothing better than to come to Marietta. All of this should clear up hopefully by Wednesday.

But, I believe running the spread would be a step in the right direction for Warren. I don't believe they would be very successful at it to begin with due to the lack of skilled players. But if they are going to continue to play SEOAL teams who are bigger and stronger they would have to out finesse teams.

westbrook18
All State

Post by westbrook18 »

Mister B, be realistic, during one of Belpre's best football seasons lately they got beat by Warren. I don't care if you beat Williamstown they are a West Virginia team.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

westbrook 18...

I am realistic. The only 2 times Marietta and Belpre played each other in football, Marietta just barely beat Belpre and those were in down years for the Eagles, but, you are probably too young to know this.

Why did Marietta drop Parkersburg in football? They are just a West Virginia team. Oh yeah, they couldn't beat them.

Also, Belpre leads the series in wins vs Warren.

westbrook18
All State

Post by westbrook18 »

Okay I don't even remember Parkersburg being on our schedule but we have kept South on our schedule. One of the years they won state we were the only team to beat them and the only team to score more than seven points against them. That wasn't one of our best years either, so it shows how pitiful West Virginia football is. But I agree Parkersburg is good, but they are one of the best in West Virginia and they don't compare to the best in Ohio. But Williamstown, they are a tiny school, and play pitiful teams. That's why they had won 50 some games in a row.

I'm pretty sure I remember 7-on-7 scrimmaging Belpre and they didn't have much skillwise. I doubt their line is very big either. It'd make for a fun game.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

The Marietta/Parkersburg game goes back nearly 100 years. I don't know how anybody around that area would not know that.

South as of now is in the dumpster and has been since the state title and will continue to be, so playing or beating them at this time is of no concern.

People only give Parkersburg credit when they win the state. They have the best program in the state. The arguement of Ohio vs West Virginia football is fruitless. There are more people in Cleveland then the entire state of West Virginia, you need more then that to make a point with me. Williamstown didn't get have a 50 game win streak against cupcakes in every game. Marietta wouldn't play them even though they would have made a ton of money, like the Warren game.

7 on 7 scrimmages say nothing about how 2 teams will match up in the fall.

Again, I say bring it. Lets play on the field and not on the internet. Marietta has nothing that Belpre is affaird of. Belpre is looking for games and I know we would love to play Marietta again.

schenk11
All Conference

Post by schenk11 »

Mister B wrote:Marietta wouldn't play them even though they would have made a ton of money, like the Warren game.

Says who?

air4ce1
Freshman Team

Post by air4ce1 »

westbrook18 wrote: I don't believe they would be very successful at it to begin with due to the lack of skilled players.

apparently you do not know about warren football. warren has many atheletes and "skill" players. dunfee, wellspring, venham, ellenwood, wolfe, pritt etc. are all kids that can play anything from fullback to split end. the problem is warren has not been utilizing these players by putting them into situations where they can be productive. warren can't expect to go to logan or chilli and expect to run the ball successfully up the middle 50 times a game. it just wont happen. but spread things out, let the kids use other advantages they have to get the ball and score.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

schenk11 wrote:
Mister B wrote:Marietta wouldn't play them even though they would have made a ton of money, like the Warren game.

Says who?

Sez me :mrgreen:

BigBlueinsider
Riding the Bench

Post by BigBlueinsider »

as much as i love a good argument...

Westbrook and Mister B, this is a Warren football forum. please argue and post on your schools respective forum if you are not gonna talk about Warren Warrior Football

westbrook18
All State

Post by westbrook18 »

air4ce1 wrote:
apparently you do not know about warren football. warren has many atheletes and "skill" players. dunfee, wellspring, venham, ellenwood, wolfe, pritt etc. are all kids that can play anything from fullback to split end. the problem is warren has not been utilizing these players by putting them into situations where they can be productive. warren can't expect to go to logan or chilli and expect to run the ball successfully up the middle 50 times a game. it just wont happen. but spread things out, let the kids use other advantages they have to get the ball and score.

Okay well when I was on the field, and I'm not trying to say anything bad about the Warren players, but I didn't encounter any real athletic players. I guess I can only look at the secondary and some linebackers but in a spread you must have players who are smart and know how to play the game. And the secondary didn't do anything that even came close to confusing me, even after the whole week prior to the game I kept hearing about little tweaks and surprises they were going to throw at me. You could argue that this is the coaches fault but I believe the players should've been able to realize their weaknesses in coverage and adjust to that. Plus I don't think the DBs had the speed or athleticism to match up with our WRs.

schenk11
All Conference

Post by schenk11 »

Mister B wrote:
schenk11 wrote:

Says who?

Sez me :mrgreen:

Williamstown has not contacted Marietta about playing any time recently. They have played 18 times from 1923 to 1961 with Marietta leading the series 15-3 by an average score of 27-8.

Return to “Football”