OVC PREDICTIONS

Who's going to win the OVC?

Total votes: 0

ovcfan22
Waterboy

Re: OVC PREDICTIONS

Post by ovcfan22 »

I looking for the panthers to sweep it away...everybody is counting them out and with there new assistant coaches and there fast backfeild there going to be a force to be rekon with

Championship
JV Team

Post by Championship »

balla4life wrote:the only one of them thats any good is seagraves

lol your on something my friend.

yes seagraves is the best ball player of this group mentioned ... but that group that primetime mentioned is the most talented kids in sphs ... and yes for once mostly all the talent in sphs is going to be on the football field ... dillon will flat put a lick on someone if they let up ... woodson is quite possibly the fastest kid in the conference .... you need to look at the facts ... but we will see how fairland matches up ... should be a great game

TheChesterfieldKing
Riding the Bench

Post by TheChesterfieldKing »

Championship wrote:
balla4life wrote:the only one of them thats any good is seagraves

lol your on something my friend.

yes seagraves is the best ball player of this group mentioned ... but that group that primetime mentioned is the most talented kids in sphs ... and yes for once mostly all the talent in sphs is going to be on the football field ... dillon will flat put a lick on someone if they let up ... woodson is quite possibly the fastest kid in the conference .... you need to look at the facts ... but we will see how fairland matches up ... should be a great game

Who is going to QB this year for SP?

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

If bloomfield stays healthy watch out for the dragons. They will have the best skilled people in the county with Hatfield, Cornwell, Fisher and Ward. If they would have stayed healthy last year they would have made the playoffs. The OVC is going to be strongly contested with no cupcakes. You will have to bring your A game every game.

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

RUMOR MILL ROLLING HEARD ROCK HILL IS GOING TO BE STARTING A FRESHMAN QUARTERBACK?

primetime20
Riding the Bench

Post by primetime20 »

Who is going to QB this year for SP?

Chase Kratzenberg

FB#5
Waterboy

Post by FB#5 »

i think thats funny someone could say seagraves is the only good player out of the group mentioned.anyone who watched the pointers at all would see that there all dangerous threats,plants,dillon,woodson,and kratzenburg.so get ur facts straight.im sick of fairland people sayin they have the most skilled people.you see where those skill players got them last year. :lol:

primetime20
Riding the Bench

Post by primetime20 »

i agree FB #5

OVCfan32
Freshman Team

Post by OVCfan32 »

haha oh yeah. . . definately the most skilled players. . haha
peake had the most probably from 98 until 06. .
then in 07 i'd say SP took the cake with rock hill behind then fairland and then the rest of the league

I look for the same this year,
lets be honest. . fairland has not fielded a truly athletic team since 03' i know, i played them

god knows poor Coal Grove could have really whooped up the league with even a few quick athletes over the past 4 years

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

OVCfan32 wrote:
god knows poor Coal Grove could have really whooped up the league with even a few quick athletes over the past 4 years

Coal Grove's going to be quick this year. They're going to be smaller than years past and I have a hunch they're going to be in better shape. The playoffs are a definite possibility. They're going to be pretty speedy for the next few years it looks like.
As for the talent - Chesapeake had some really good players for about 10 years. South Point seems to be stacked with athleticism year in and year out - their track team's success is proof of that.
Fairland has had some good players the past 4 or 5 years, they just couldn't run that offense very consistently at all until last year and then (as I predicted) turnovers abounded, mostly because, while they've had some decent, to pretty good QBs, they haven't had someone like a Chris Smith who's got the whole package (Size, Strength, and Speed) who could make the passing game click.
Rock Hill has consistently been at or near the top of the league since Knipp's been there. They were loaded in th 05 season and have been tough ever since then. They've choked the last two years against Coal Grove, however. I believe this is because they play the Hornets not really to win, but just not to lose.

on high top
Waterboy

Post by on high top »

seen the grove today defense looks very quick. doesn't look like they stopped playing. attitude seems highly pumped.

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

four way split for 1st,i guess i left fairland out.what the heck the best player went to the tigers! :lol:

RationalVoice
Freshman Team

Post by RationalVoice »

Fuzzyhead,
You said, "...they just couldn't run that offense very consistently at all until last year and then (as I predicted) turnovers abounded...". I believe, in the last 4 years, they've scored twenty-some, thirty-some, forty-some & 50 on you guys. Pretty consistent, I think. Plus, in general, turnovers didn't "abound". Offense hasn't been the problem. They haven't been able to defend teams, which is a different issue.
As for predictions, Coal Gove or South Point will win it. Fairland's athletes will make them dangerous, but their young front will have some trouble (as will a their staff, attempting to run a spread-type offense - having never done it before). Rock Hill, Chesapeake, & River Valley are the underdogs, in my opinion...but, I could be wrong.

bdawg1
Waterboy

Post by bdawg1 »

If mayo and logan play, SP will be the team to beat. The new coach is great and really trying to build the program. We have a new field and he is at little league games watching future pointers play. This was a great hire. If anyone remembers the OVC championship game two years ago against Rock HIll mayo ran all over the redman as a freshman. There was a crucial third and 4 and he broke off a 65 yard run to seal the game. I heard he is wanting to play but he recently made the all camp team at Chris Pauls guard camp which is very impressive. He doesn't have the game of OJ but he can dunk like you cannot believe.

footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

Mayo had 1 65 yard carry against the Redmen in a complete mud bowl in which 2 RH defenders were there to make the play only to be knocked off by a 3rd Redman defender coming in late(Mayo was caught from behind ). The game ended 7-6? I think....I don't think that 1 carry can give Mayo credit for "running" all over the Redmen. How many yards did he finish with anyway?

If Mayo has a chance to be a DI basketball player at this point I don't see why he would play football....he didn't play last season so he must not love the game of football so much that he would risk injury to end those DI chances in B-ball.

footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

Mayo will be in his senior season correct? No one in this county could fault him for putting his eggs in one basket(ball)...LOL

As for SP DOMINATING....just don't see it. I think every OVC team will run into at least one very close game in the league play. Can SP win it all....sure they can but again I just don't think they will dominate every league team.

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

Mayo is a jr. Injuries will be the deciding factor in this years tightly contested race for the title. If Thackston plays for the dragons he will be a force on both sides of the ball. IMO he was their best lineman on both sides of the ball last year. He took a line drive to the head last baseball season but just got cleared by the DOC. to play. He is about as hard headed as they come. :122245 I really hope he plays his senior year as does his teammates. GO GREEN!!!!!!

OVCfan32
Freshman Team

Post by OVCfan32 »

o god lets hope he does. .
I love playing baseball. . and I was good. . .but I HATE baseballs
If coal grove still has the power on the line i can see their athleticism i'm hearing about be dangerous. .
Fairland will be dangerous to any team that doesn't have many skill position players
peake will probably run option all over any team that doesn't have skill positions to run down flow
rock hill seems to be solid all around. . but not too tough anywhere
SP has some players. . .but really i just have to see what the new coach does, could be great could be horrible
River Valley. . ..sorry guys. . i don't know. . . .not too entirely interested

Return to “Football”