Re: 2016 TVC Ohio Predictions

Post by Orange and Brown »

Dandy Don wrote:
Raider6309 wrote:Week 1
Alexander beats Federal hocking
Athens beats Warren
River valley beats Eastern
Meigs beats Gallia
Vinton beats Unioto(Vinton lost 21-6 last year)
NY beats Trimble
Wellston loses to Jackson
Unfortunate (perhaps embarrassing is a better word) that Jackson and Athens the big fish can't do the right thing here and change this up and have Wellston play Warren and Jackson play Athens.

Just nuts, and spare me the big gate nonsense.
That's on Wellston and Jackson. Wellston seems to love getting their heads kicked in week 1 and Jackson seems to like doing it.
Athens would play Jackson week 1 if that's what Jackson wanted.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Yeah Jackson is up in the series 71-27-6. This is probably the longest one sided series ever. Wellston should start with Oak Hill and Jackson should start with Athens or Logan

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

A perfect opportunity to try it this year given the schedule with these 4 teams, and it would not impact the remaining contract for Wellston-Jackson in 2017 and 2018, you can go back to it next year (2017).

Wellston can realize that the revenue lost from this game (since we at home this year) is not the end of the world and the sun will actually rise again the next day even if we don't make boatloads of money. We can play Warren which is I believe another D3 school and should be competitive for both Wellston/Warren.

Jackson and Athens gets a competitive game and everyone is happy.

Let's see if the two "big boys" Jackson and Athens have got some stones and are willing to switch it up. Like I said it doesn't impact the remaining contract Jackson and Wellston has with one another. Just this year would be a good test.

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

My guess is they both run for cover.

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Sticking with Meigs as the leader in the much too early to predict game.

Followed by a gap and Athens-NY-Wellston. And I got a sneaking suspicion Vinton County may get some mojo if what I hear is right with a new coach.

Should be a dandy year with some parity again.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Dandy Don wrote:My guess is they both run for cover.
No one is interested in changing the schedule 100 days before the season starts lol

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

It's also at Wellston. Jackson just came off a week 13 run. Wellston knows Jackson will bring a huge crowd. Wellston vs Jackson is 2,000 more people than Wellston vs Warren. Athens would love to take $10,000-$20,000 from Wellston to play Jackson at Athens.

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Orange and Brown wrote:
No one is interested in changing the schedule 100 days before the season starts lol
Yeah, because that would be so hard and all. Just an impossible task, way to hard to hard to accomplish in today's day and age. A mountain that can't be climbed. You are so right :roll:

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Raider6309 wrote:It's also at Wellston. Jackson just came off a week 13 run. Wellston knows Jackson will bring a huge crowd. Wellston vs Jackson is 2,000 more people than Wellston vs Warren. Athens would love to take $10,000-$20,000 from Wellston to play Jackson at Athens.
At some point the future of a D5 program is more important than $10k and this annual "rivalry" game.

Wellston businesses and community could raise that in about 5 phone calls.

An Athens at Jackson Saturday game to open up their new Taj Mahal field or a game at Athens would bring in a lot of SE Ohio fans. If they actually got outside the box and thought a little bit could figure out some percentage of gate share to make it worthwhile to both teams.

They will use the lame a$$ excuse that it can't be done or something rather than admitting neither of them are interested in a potential Week 1 loss.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Dandy Don wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:
Yeah, because that would be so hard and all. Just an impossible task, way to hard to hard to accomplish in today's day and age. A mountain that can't be climbed. You are so right :roll:
Then why don't you take yourself down to Wellston high school and ask them to get the ball rolling. No one on this site is going to do it because you think it's a great idea
:roll: :lol:

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Dandy Don wrote:
Raider6309 wrote:It's also at Wellston. Jackson just came off a week 13 run. Wellston knows Jackson will bring a huge crowd. Wellston vs Jackson is 2,000 more people than Wellston vs Warren. Athens would love to take $10,000-$20,000 from Wellston to play Jackson at Athens.
At some point the future of a D5 program is more important than $10k and this annual "rivalry" game.

Wellston businesses and community could raise that in about 5 phone calls.

An Athens at Jackson Saturday game to open up their new Taj Mahal field or a game at Athens would bring in a lot of SE Ohio fans. If they actually got outside the box and thought a little bit could figure out some percentage of gate share to make it worthwhile to both teams.

They will use the lame a$$ excuse that it can't be done or something rather than admitting neither of them are interested in a potential Week 1 loss.
You can't put this on Athens........

Jackson has to be willing to break their contract with Wellston cause Wellston isn't giving up this game lol

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

O&B I know you are super smart and all because your name is in green and that makes you much smarter than us average Joe's on here. No one is putting it on anyone, just doubt either of the two big boys will be interested in mixing it up.

How about a Saturday doubleheader in Athens first game Wellston-Warren at 6PM and second game Athens-Jackson at 8:30PM and all four teams split the gate/concessions. If one really thought about it you could come up with some interesting scenarios.

Although I am not so sure Wellston wouldn't be willing to give this one up for one year and just see if this game really can't be lived without.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Get the ball rolling. Athens could use that extra money to pave from Johnson road to the top of the hill. Maybe some gravel by the tennis courts

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

The Community of Jackson County LOVES the Jackson vs Wellston match up... It's not all about the money, it is about the pride, honor and tradition.

Jackson would smack Athens or Warren just as hard as they would Wellston in 2016 and they aren't having any trouble getting into the playoffs with Wellston on the schedule so what's the big deal?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

MeyerSpread wrote:The Community of Jackson County LOVES the Jackson vs Wellston match up... It's not all about the money, it is about the pride, honor and tradition.

Jackson would smack Athens or Warren just as hard as they would Wellston in 2016 and they aren't having any trouble getting into the playoffs with Wellston on the schedule so what's the big deal?
Ole Dandy is tired of getting beat week 1 every year......

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Wellston is 16-28 since 2008 in the TVC. 2-10 the last two seasons. Wellston for some reason plays bad the second half of the season. Wellston pounded 9-1 Jackson in 2010. 5-5 Athens destroyed Wellston 33-7 week 9. Wellston should have gave Athens a decent game

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

billcox wrote:
hateraid wrote:Even with not knowing who the coach will be at VC I don't see them finishing last. Too much coming back at the skill positions and other TVC teams graduated A LOT.
Athens will be loaded as usual.
Meigs is on the upswing and seem to be poised for another strong season.
NY had a down year because of controversy. I'd bet things will be back to normal this season.
RV returns a lot of young talent from a record setting team of a year ago.
Wellston has one of the best coaching staffs in the league.
Alexander is going to be down but I'm guessing Penrod and company will hold things together.
VC lost most of their production and just lost their head coach.

I'd be hard pressed to pick them over anyone else in the Ohio division at this point. Just my two cents...
Hold on to your hat bc! Crow you will eat. LOL

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Dandy Don ,

Jackson vs Athens would be great . Make it happen. Would be great games.

Not sure why you think Wellston has the best Staff in the tvc. Pretty sure Athens coach has a nice resume . Alex and river valley has both been in the playoffs . Wellston was 4-6 year 1 with some darn good athletes .

GoBucks1047
Varsity

Post by GoBucks1047 »

Poo Bear wrote:Dandy Don ,

Not sure why you think Wellston has the best Staff in the tvc. Pretty sure Athens coach has a nice resume . Alex and river valley has both been in the playoffs . Wellston was 4-6 year 1 with some darn good athletes .

If Jackson and Athens can start playing each other and both schools continue to play Logan, I'd like to see the 3 schools play for a rivalry trophy during the 1st 3 weeks of the season. It would benefit all 3 teams in terms of playoff points and travel isn't too far for all schools. Logan and Athens would play Week 1 to allow Jackson to continue playing Wellston if they want to; jamboree game is always an option a little down the road for Jackson-Wellston. Jackson and Athens play Week 2 while Logan gets a decent Central Ohio team. Then Logian and Jackson finish the rivalry series in Week 3 while Athens prepares for TVC Ohio conference play. Best part is all 3 schools get to host a game in the rivalry series and can bring big gates for each of the schools inaddition to the 2 tough and great games for each team.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

GoBucks1047 wrote:
Poo Bear wrote:Dandy Don ,

If Jackson and Athens can start playing each other and both schools continue to play Logan, I'd like to see the 3 schools play for a rivalry trophy during the 1st 3 weeks of the season. It would benefit all 3 teams in terms of playoff points and travel isn't too far for all schools. Logan and Athens would play Week 1 to allow Jackson to continue playing Wellston if they want to; jamboree game is always an option a little down the road for Jackson-Wellston. Jackson and Athens play Week 2 while Logan gets a decent Central Ohio team. Then Logian and Jackson finish the rivalry series in Week 3 while Athens prepares for TVC Ohio conference play. Best part is all 3 schools get to host a game in the rivalry series and can bring big gates for each of the schools inaddition to the 2 tough and great games for each team.

Jackson should pass on that idea. But I would like to see an Iron-Chief or Iron-Spear trophy for the winner of the Jackson Logan game

Return to “Football”