gridiron grory

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Re: gridiron grory

Post by buckeyeguy »

looks like steely dan is all upset he's going around sending pms to people :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

More time more time --just can't get enough of HS Football

Gobigblacks
JV Team

Post by Gobigblacks »

Thank you to Gridiron Glory for naming Point Pleasant's Allan Wasonga their "Ironman of the Week" for this past week! The speedy sophomore has 489 yards on 44 carries for a 11+ average, 8 total touchdowns, and over 300 return yards as well three games into our season. It was Allan's second consecutive player of the week honor as he was named WOWK-TV Player of the Week the week before.

Thank you again and congrats to Allan on another honor.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Yes.. they need to lay off the ESPN... that true. However you could have said this without adding all the other stuff and been just fine. But instead you felt like your post wasn't quite long enough so you had to look for something else to dig at such as The MVL winning POY awards etc.

I think I did in my original post Evan. You didnt like what I said about the MVL and the other stuff so you were the one that decided to completely disect my posts. I said also, which you must have over looked again, that I mistook what you said with the Arizona-Ohio reference. I am not sure why you're only reading part of things. Look I never said the three Central Ohio stations promote all their time to SE Ohio, I was simply stating that they do talk about it and used the Lancaster-Logan game as an example. I never said, again, that this was the best example. For someone who is busy griping at me for mistaking what you said, maybe you should show me the same respect. The truth is, imo; GG was a joke. It was no better than a public access show on small market cable when it started. The people may have worked hard but they were awful. They spent way to much time trying to be clever and come up with stupid comments rather than reporting the games. Then it got better. The road trips were an awesome idea and the "gameday" type shows at the stadiums were cool for the kids and it worked. But GG isnt the only access for football coverage in SE Ohio so stop acting like the fans should be bowing down and kissing your feet because "in arizona they only devote 10 mins to game coverage."
You guys act like because you show Fed Hock or Waterford or Wahama or Morgan clips every two or three weeks that you have all of sudden become bigger than ESPN. You have a half an hour to cram in 4 different leagues and games in WVA and it shows in the production and content. I would much rather hear three guys on a local radio station talk in detail about the same games, with hearing from coaches and other fans then to see a 7 second clip on a kid or a team that you never cover again in a 10 week season. Oh unless they're winning. I didnt see much Waterford or Southern coverage when they were 0-10 or 2-8. Funny how fans in SE Ohio should be so thankful for all the things you do. If I want to see comedy, or see a blip of the John Glenn Muskies, Ill tune in the next time I am in the area. For football. I will tune into 107.7 (Since I did work there for 2 years) or 100.9. Out.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Logan grad wrote:
Yes.. they need to lay off the ESPN... that true. However you could have said this without adding all the other stuff and been just fine. But instead you felt like your post wasn't quite long enough so you had to look for something else to dig at such as The MVL winning POY awards etc.

I think I did in my original post Evan. You didnt like what I said about the MVL and the other stuff so you were the one that decided to completely disect my posts. I said also, which you must have over looked again, that I mistook what you said with the Arizona-Ohio reference. I am not sure why you're only reading part of things. Look I never said the three Central Ohio stations promote all their time to SE Ohio, I was simply stating that they do talk about it and used the Lancaster-Logan game as an example. I never said, again, that this was the best example. For someone who is busy griping at me for mistaking what you said, maybe you should show me the same respect. The truth is, imo; GG was a joke. It was no better than a public access show on small market cable when it started. The people may have worked hard but they were awful. They spent way to much time trying to be clever and come up with stupid comments rather than reporting the games. Then it got better. The road trips were an awesome idea and the "gameday" type shows at the stadiums were cool for the kids and it worked. But GG isnt the only access for football coverage in SE Ohio so stop acting like the fans should be bowing down and kissing your feet because "in arizona they only devote 10 mins to game coverage."
You guys act like because you show Fed Hock or Waterford or Wahama or Morgan clips every two or three weeks that you have all of sudden become bigger than ESPN. You have a half an hour to cram in 4 different leagues and games in WVA and it shows in the production and content. I would much rather hear three guys on a local radio station talk in detail about the same games, with hearing from coaches and other fans then to see a 7 second clip on a kid or a team that you never cover again in a 10 week season. Oh unless they're winning. I didnt see much Waterford or Southern coverage when they were 0-10 or 2-8. Funny how fans in SE Ohio should be so thankful for all the things you do. If I want to see comedy, or see a blip of the John Glenn Muskies, Ill tune in the next time I am in the area. For football. I will tune into 107.7 (Since I did work there for 2 years) or 100.9. Out.

Actually, wasn't comedy the point of the 107.7 show? I don't know anyone who listened for football knowledge, or scheme breakdowns. They listened to laugh.

I will say this for you, from the looks of the last sentence in bold, you're not bitter. :lol:

The morning show on 107.7 was good though, when the host showed up.

That's the good thing about the guys like OUbobcat06, they are dependable and show up every day.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Wow, I guess somehow this got personal along the way.

If people listened for comedy only, then we must have been a funny show to go til 2 am every Friday. And considering you had us to three tailgates and praised our show week in and week out and talked about how good the content was, you must have fallen and hit your head since then. You really shouldnt talk about things you dont know anything about in a public forum but since you went down that path so be it. But I guess you would know because its Funny how you used to PM me all the time about the show on Friday and the morning show as well. The fact is Tim and I had a great chemistry that came thru each week with valuable info and insight and it helped play off the other "comedy" factor the Guru brought. With the coaches calling in, the fans, and all the other intangibles, including Sports Chat and The Weekly Walk Through with over 15 different coaches calling in each week before the games, we had the BEST product in SE Ohio bar none. I dont need to respond to your weak attempt at trashing me because you and I both know what type of conversations we used to have privately and your classless efforts wont take away from my memories we had with the Fed Hock people or the fun we had. And I think you put the sentence in bold not me. ANd why would you think I'd be bitter?? I guess going on to work for an NHL franchise and a major market radio station are real reasons to be bitter for not being in small market radio. Yeah you got me on that one. As for dependability, you and I both know what the truth is and how soon we forget when feelings get hurt I guess.

NYBUX
Varsity

Post by NYBUX »

This thread started out with someone asking for more of your product. This IS a compliment not a slam!!!!! You don't need more equipment to take the show to 1 hour, just slow down and show more of what you have (Rocket Science 101).

Bobcat Thunder
Freshman Team

Post by Bobcat Thunder »

Well maybe they love you so much because you have given their players the Player of the Year award so many times. There were two issues you gave the award to an MVL player when an SEOAL or TVC guy was more deserving but it only makes sense they love you because of all the hardware you have thrown at them.

Actually the SEOAL and MVL are tied for most Gridiron Glory Player of the Year Awards.

2007-MVL
2006-MVL
2005-MVL
2004-SEOAL
2003-SEOAL
2002-SEOAL
2001-MVL
2000-SEOAL
1999-TVC

Not trying to start something here, just stating the facts. (IE-Don't shoot the messenger.)

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Yes.. they need to lay off the ESPN... that true. However you could have said this without adding all the other stuff and been just fine.

Thank you!

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Logan grad wrote:Wow, I guess somehow this got personal along the way.

If people listened for comedy only, then we must have been a funny show to go til 2 am every Friday. And considering you had us to three tailgates and praised our show week in and week out and talked about how good the content was, you must have fallen and hit your head since then. You really shouldnt talk about things you dont know anything about in a public forum but since you went down that path so be it. But I guess you would know because its Funny how you used to PM me all the time about the show on Friday and the morning show as well. The fact is Tim and I had a great chemistry that came thru each week with valuable info and insight and it helped play off the other "comedy" factor the Guru brought. With the coaches calling in, the fans, and all the other intangibles, including Sports Chat and The Weekly Walk Through with over 15 different coaches calling in each week before the games, we had the BEST product in SE Ohio bar none. I dont need to respond to your weak attempt at trashing me because you and I both know what type of conversations we used to have privately and your classless efforts wont take away from my memories we had with the Fed Hock people or the fun we had. And I think you put the sentence in bold not me. ANd why would you think I'd be bitter?? I guess going on to work for an NHL franchise and a major market radio station are real reasons to be bitter for not being in small market radio. Yeah you got me on that one. As for dependability, you and I both know what the truth is and how soon we forget when feelings get hurt I guess.

The bottom line of the evening show was humor and scores.

Yes, I did enjoy the morning show, as I mentioned in the original thread. It wasn't so good with a replacement (not referring to Tim who came later).

BTW, I think this became personal when you attacked the direct work of OUbobcat06 as comedic. It did not start with me, and yes, he is my friend.

Also, I have never even been to a FH tailgate, so don't group them into this argument. That was a separate crew, so there should be no hard feelings in regards to them.

Congrats on bigger and better things. You always did have a great voice for radio, and I never said you didn't do a good job. And yes, I liked it a great deal when you had the sports shows running at full swing, which is why I argued for patience before it all ended.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

I WITH NOREPL66
More time more time --just can't get enough of HS Football

I WANT MORE!! AND WOUB TO PUT A BIGGER MEDIA PLAYER ON THE WEB SITE!!! I HAVE A HUGE 22" FLAT SCREEN MONITOR AND I HAVE TO WATCH THE SHOW ON A 3" BY 3" PLAYER. UNLESS THERE IS A WAY TO MAKE IT BIGGER AND CAN'T SEE IT B/C I'VE BEEN SQUITTING AT A TINY FRAME.

bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

hey LOGANITES----think ole gg gave the logan boys the hose last year--what you all think---all mvl every year......think there's a conspiracy--- :lol: :shock: :-D :!:

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

bird78 wrote:hey LOGANITES----think ole gg gave the logan boys the hose last year--what you all think---all mvl every year......think there's a conspiracy--- :lol: :shock: :-D :!:

It sounds like mvl envy to me :lol: :lol:

bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

yep and this is year :12224 get your payback ;-) envy no :roll: were coming :122246 might even kick that door in this year :lol: go chiefs..5 PETE :shock: :-D :!:

KFL52
Waterboy

Post by KFL52 »

I WANT MORE!! AND WOUB TO PUT A BIGGER MEDIA PLAYER ON THE WEB SITE!!! I HAVE A HUGE 22" FLAT SCREEN MONITOR AND I HAVE TO WATCH THE SHOW ON A 3" BY 3" PLAYER. UNLESS THERE IS A WAY TO MAKE IT BIGGER AND CAN'T SEE IT B/C I'VE BEEN SQUITTING AT A TINY FRAME.

Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes. That's how I watch the show each week. It's better quality and you can resize it as you need

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

DOES IT COST? WHERE DO I GO TO GET IT? IS IT ON THE GG WEB PAGE?

KFL52
Waterboy

Post by KFL52 »

It's completely free on iTunes. Just open the iTunes store and run a search for "Gridiron Glory". It'll be under the "Podcasts" tab. Click the button to subscribe to it and they'll start downloading into your iTunes. They usually take 2-3 days after airing to make it to the podcast

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

cool!! here is a link to a group page i started on you tube. check it out, join whatever. if you guys know of or have any video by all means put them on there.

http://www.youtube.com/groups_videos?name=SEOAL

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

I think one sentence sums up my opinion on the show.

Even if you don't like the reporting or the coverage, you still get the score for the teams in the area.

Return to “Football”