WK 8 (7-0) West @ (6-1) Minford (Co-Game of Week)

crazymidgets
All Conference

Re: WK 8 (7-0) West @ (6-1) Minford (Co-Game of Week)

Post by crazymidgets »

hmm well the last 2 games both minford and west fans has said that waverly is their first test and if each of them believed that then you havent played anyone cause were not a strong team were small and young, and you get second level points from teams the other schools beat which you have to ask yourself ok who are they beating who have these teams beat mostly each other, so tough schedule I dont think so. and this isnt to say either team is bad this was to say you can keep your team healthy for a playoff run, and if you can show me who the team you have beaten has beaten a good program I will gladly retract my statement. and until then yes I will keep my opinion

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

MuletownManiac wrote:I ve got a picture of the facemask if anyone would like to put it to rest, clearly a facemask foul on Shank.

If you wanna debate calls and blame loses on officials why not do it in the thread it belongs in! Not this one! Go post in the Minford/Burg game thread! Trust me no on the Burg side questioned the facemask! We were just as stumped by the 1st & 12 call as you was. Most people I was around thought it should've been 1st and 25, but they called it a spot foul! BOTTOM LINE.. IT'S OVER! Minford lost fair and square! That call didn't lose it for them, the turnovers did!
Get over it and play West!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

crazymidgets wrote:hmm well the last 2 games both minford and west fans has said that waverly is their first test and if each of them believed that then you havent played anyone cause were not a strong team were small and young, and you get second level points from teams the other schools beat which you have to ask yourself ok who are they beating who have these teams beat mostly each other, so tough schedule I dont think so. and this isnt to say either team is bad this was to say you can keep your team healthy for a playoff run, and if you can show me who the team you have beaten has beaten a good program I will gladly retract my statement. and until then yes I will keep my opinion

As if your opinion matters

Tremonti1
Riding the Bench

Post by Tremonti1 »

Keep your heads up Falcons. Spread your wings and fly.

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

thats what i thought

burggrad_2000
Riding the Bench

Post by burggrad_2000 »

Good Luck FALCONS from this BURG fan....

oldcoachb
JV Team

Post by oldcoachb »

41 is fine, tough kid

West Legend
Riding the Bench

Post by West Legend »

41 may be fine as of right now. but IMO i think that might be a little different story after this game. we will flat hit, so the falcons better be ready.

good luck and injury free game for both teams

GO WEST!!!!!

oldcoachb
JV Team

Post by oldcoachb »

[color=#004000][/color]
West Legend wrote:41 may be fine as of right now. but IMO i think that might be a little different story after this game. we will flat hit, so the falcons better be ready. good luck and injury free game for both teams GO WEST!!!!!
you cannot intimadate 41

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

IMO, I look for West to win this game by a score of about 28-7. The reason is that Minford is coming off a huge, emotional loss against Wheelersburg last Friday night. The Falcons had many chances to take charge of the game but kept shooting themselves in the foot or the Burg defense made a big play. West continues to roll week after week and have really not had a challenge up to this point. I am anxious to see how the Minford players regroup after last weeks game.

As a side note, I would say a few Burg fans will be in attendance Friday night watching the Falcons and Siders play.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

This should be a great game.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

One thing about West is that they can show alot more sets now than earlier in the season with bricker running QB. I think Minford is disciplined enuff to keep up but I truelly think it will give them fits at some time. If Either team passes effectively, give that team an edge or, if one jumps out quickly, the other will have a tough time getting back. Neither has been down at all all season and the one that get get a quick and 2 td lead, could seal it. Passing will be the key in my book. Minford wasnt tested last week and West was vulnerable to RH but showed that the Tiger Oline stunk that game. Who really knows. They both look good on tape and in person (i snuck in for the 1st half West/portsmouth) and watched the falcon/burg game. For sure, Minford is battle tested after last week. Can they get by the emotion? Sure, no choice! They still have a chance at a tri-champ and definitely the playoffs! West just has to keep on doing what they are doing!! WOW, 2 really good teams going at it 2 weeks in a row!! Awesome!

westside_rebel
Riding the Bench

Post by westside_rebel »

BEEP, BEEP!!!

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

Did I just see a westside_rebel sighting. Good luck this week boys and bring home another W!!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

MuletownManiac wrote:I ve got a picture of the facemask if anyone would like to put it to rest, clearly a facemask foul on Shank.

Maniac- what really sealed the deal was when after the 15 yard facemask penalty, Burg got the ball 1st and 12. Amazing! Burg got the best of both worlds on that one! That let them get another first down or two and stick Minford further in their own territory to have a further drive to tie it up.

I especially liked the 3....count them 3.....blocks in the back on the big Burg punt return. The ref with the thick black glasses must have been caught up watching the game instead of calling it.

Those refs STUNK when we had them at Wellston, and I have no idea how they got the Minford/Burg game.

They didnt blow near as many calls as they did in Wellston, but they are clueless.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

alabama mike wrote:IMO, I look for West to win this game by a score of about 28-7. The reason is that Minford is coming off a huge, emotional loss against Wheelersburg last Friday night. The Falcons had many chances to take charge of the game but kept shooting themselves in the foot or the Burg defense made a big play. West continues to roll week after week and have really not had a challenge up to this point. I am anxious to see how the Minford players regroup after last weeks game.

As a side note, I would say a few Burg fans will be in attendance Friday night watching the Falcons and Siders play.

Huge emotional loss? The Falcons have moved on, yeah the lost a game they could've won, big deal. They know that looking back isn't goin to help anything, only thing left to do is move on. I'd say the players moved on faster than anyone else in Minford. Minford comes at their last regualr season home game and shuts west up, hard. I'll take my Mighty Minford Falcons by 2td's, have a great week of practice boys.

Hope west doesn't have some kind of stupid bell that they stole from another school that Minford can be accused of stealing this week, or that the burg coaches, I mean Minford fans, break in their stadium and spray paint 3 words on a wall somewhere :lol:

bucki4life
Freshman Team

Post by bucki4life »

I watched both teams kill Waverly and i would say Minford wins this game because they have more speed- but i give West the edge in overall toughness. Minford 28 West 22 Good luck both teams!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

IRONFALCON wrote:
alabama mike wrote:IMO, I look for West to win this game by a score of about 28-7. The reason is that Minford is coming off a huge, emotional loss against Wheelersburg last Friday night. The Falcons had many chances to take charge of the game but kept shooting themselves in the foot or the Burg defense made a big play. West continues to roll week after week and have really not had a challenge up to this point. I am anxious to see how the Minford players regroup after last weeks game.

Huge emotional loss? The Falcons have moved on, yeah the lost a game they could've won, big deal. They know that looking back isn't goin to help anything, only thing left to do is move on. I'd say the players moved on faster than anyone else in Minford. Minford comes at their last regualr season home game and shuts west up, hard. I'll take my Mighty Minford Falcons by 2td's, have a great week of practice boys.

Hope west doesn't have some kind of stupid bell that they stole from another school that Minford can be accused of stealing this week, or that the burg coaches, I mean Minford fans, break in their stadium and spray paint 3 words on a wall somewhere :lol:

Easy IronFalcon. Your hear is in the right place but this West team is the real deal. They are better than Burg, whom we let slip away from us and should have came out of there with a win.

West may not be as quick up front as Burg, but they are more physical and certainly stronger (as is Minford).

2TD's is probably a stretch.....but a win is a win and I see the Falcons coming out of the gates strong this Friday night, and ending even stronger.

Minford needs to get really mean for this West team, cause I am sure they will be. Key will be get West down early and control the ball, let West start committing cheap fouls like last year.

EAST 2005-2008
Freshman Team

Post by EAST 2005-2008 »

Anyone know what radio station is carrying this game?

Siders_B-Ball23
Waterboy

Post by Siders_B-Ball23 »

West can win this won if they don't make little mistakes like turning it over.

West 28-17

Return to “Football”