Week 10: Nelsonville-York (9-0) at Athens (9-0)

Simple poll: Who wins the game?

Total votes: 0

NYBUX
Varsity

Re: Week 10: Nelsonville-York (9-0) at Athens (9-0)

Post by NYBUX »

GO ...... O.C.D.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Cavsfan08 ... I said "I think I would have a good chance at winning with NY" ... Ive only looked over joeeitel and seen the region, who teams beat, etc...etc... I mean, we're talking about Athens & NY being extremly close on the field right? Well Athens is two divisions higher - winning a road game in Dayton or Springfield in Division III, Region 12 would be a little harder than NY winning a game in Division V, region 19 ... I guess that is the point I was trying to make.

Right now NY is what, 3rd in the region? Media voters had the 'Bucks ranked 10th in the AP and they even recieved a first place vote ... So I am not the only one who thinks NY has a good shot at winning their region.

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Post by buckeyeguy »

Athens was not to great vs warran gallia and chilli could of lost any of those and vs alex they only put up 12 in the first half at home as NY put up alot more in a half at alex... I know they have more weapons but stopping sharp is something NY can do and then NY will just outscore athens imo.. Athens has not played a defense that will be as fast and loaded as NY friday night i think NY will be ready to play there best game of the season with the tvc title on the line it makes NY even more dangerous.. Athens as well and im sure they could have their best game yet also.. I see NY having more of an edge in more areas then athens will.. but thats why we play the game.. cant wait, GO BUCKS

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

I'll take the Bucks by 17, and also it should be one hell of a 50/50 split the pot

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I'm gonna throw out an over/under of $1,500 on splt the pot.

Any takers? Is that too high? Too low?

TOP 10 REASONS WHY YOU KNOW ITS A BIG GAME COMING UP:

10. When you think the split-the-pot will reach 4 figures.
9. When folks start asking what time the gates open Friday.
8. When you start breaking down stats that happened 9 weeks ago.
7. When your neighbor, who doesn't even like football, is asking you who will win.
6. When you can recite the exact average weight of each teams' line.
5. When the topic on SEOPS reaches 4 pages before Wednesday.
4. When you can't go anywhere without someone asking you something about either team.
3. When the question 'is this the biggest game ever in the county' is asked numerous times.
2. When you start watching the weather channel on Monday to see how cold its gonna be on Friday.
1. When the best thing about your day is when you wake up - because you know your one day closer!

:mrgreen:

bucks_09
Freshman Team

Post by bucks_09 »

Way to low it was $995 i believe at the Ny Logan game it will probably hit $2000 0r more this week.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

atownbigdog, do u want to hand out a playbook too, to go along with the athens injury report? *SMH*

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Alright bucks_09 ... I changed it to $1,500.

blubomber89
Riding the Bench

Post by blubomber89 »

qualified101, I was thinking the same thing any and everyone who knows about football knows that you don't do that. But who am I kidding it's been happening all year. But I think Athens will be ok, should be a good game.

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Post by buckeyeguy »

NY only has one player out thats carter.who will be back week11.. no injuries anywear else as know of..NY will be in full swing.. dont know about athens hearing about those key palyers not being 100 % it could hurt them

diamondD1
JV Team

Post by diamondD1 »

buckeyeguy wrote:Athens was not to great vs warran gallia and chilli could of lost any of those and vs alex they only put up 12 in the first half at home as NY put up alot more in a half at alex...
Not that it matters but it was Athens 24, Alexander 0 at halftime.

Also, every player for Athens is injured and I think the plan is to stick with the Power-I the majority of the game.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

This is the biggest gamein Athens county history. One ofthe biggest games in TVC history and one of the best things to happen for Athens county and the TVC...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

diamondD1 wrote:
buckeyeguy wrote:Athens was not to great vs warran gallia and chilli could of lost any of those and vs alex they only put up 12 in the first half at home as NY put up alot more in a half at alex...

Also, every player for Athens is injured and I think the plan is to stick with the Power-I the majority of the game.
Ive been told it was going to be the 'single-wing' ... Not the power-I.

:mrgreen:

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

qualified101 wrote:atownbigdog, do u want to hand out a playbook too, to go along with the athens injury report? *SMH*
It's not exactly a secret, anyone with chanel 15 would have heard the anouncers say the same things. I'm more than sure the facts didn't slip past the N-Y coaches in films. Do you really think they wouldn't notice changes in key players? Chris Russell will be back at 100%, Josh Skinner is day to day but if he isn't ready Germano will be fine, and Sharp is much better on the turf and not kicking is helping him alot.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

diamondD1 wrote:

And at no point was the Chillicothe game in doubt, they scored a late TD to make it look better than it was. BTW we were up like 30 at the half on Meigs, how was N-Y doing at that point? As was stated before what has happened and against who won't matter at all come Friday night.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

A-Town Big Dog wrote:
qualified101 wrote:atownbigdog, do u want to hand out a playbook too, to go along with the athens injury report? *SMH*
It's not exactly a secret, anyone with chanel 15 would have heard the anouncers say the same things. I'm more than sure the facts didn't slip past the N-Y coaches in films. Do you really think they wouldn't notice changes in key players? Chris Russell will be back at 100%, Josh Skinner is day to day but if he isn't ready Germano will be fine, and Sharp is much better on the turf and not kicking is helping him alot.

there you have it. no secrets in Athens. again *SMH*

nybucksgrad06
JV Team

Post by nybucksgrad06 »

Well I wish i knew there was gonna be a game going on tonight were they were going to sell tickets for this fridays contest between athens and nelsonville-york.....Anyone know if they will be selling the tickets at the nelsonville-york high school tomorrow?

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

How many people will the new stadium hold???

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

qualified101 wrote:
A-Town Big Dog wrote:

there you have it. no secrets in Athens. again *SMH*
Again not much of a secret, it has been on tv, talked about on the radio, and had an article about part of it in the news paper. So you can *SYH* all you want, most people who are well informed on local sports already know these things and I'm sure the N-Y coaching staff does as well.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

The Enforcer wrote:How many people will the new stadium hold???
Not sure on the actual numbers but my guess for this week is not enough. :122245

Return to “Football”