SOC2 2009

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

6x10
Waterboy

Re: Soc II predictions?

Post by 6x10 »

West takes them all! Nobody else has a chance.

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

West Legend wrote:Who does everyone think will be "back of the year", "Lineman of the year"

My guess would be Pendelton :idea:

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

Lang-----The Burg

sportsfan_1959
JV Team

Post by sportsfan_1959 »

Title: Wheelersburg

Standouts:
Wheelersburg: Schankweiler, Craigmiles, Lang, Kemper
West: Pendleton, Murphy, not familiar with others
Valley: Utley, Bukiewicz, Coleman
Minford: Oesch, McNight, Sloan
Waverly: Roback, Malone
Northwest: ??

Surprises: To hard to tell right now.

Black@Orange
Freshman Team

Post by Black@Orange »

West takes them all! Nobody else has a chance.
Did'nt you read my reply earlier about arrogance? When you lose as many seniors as we did, It will make predictions very hard. Nobody can argue with our talent coming up. But the SOC is going to be a very competitive race this year.
I think most SOC teams will be much better, and more experienced. We will be young, but don't count us out.
I would like to congradulate some area players on a very good showing, at the NCU Combine. Trevon Pendelton PW (Best Linebacker) (Special Skills), Kyle Auger PW (Camp King), And Adam Newman PW (Best Lineman),(Strongest). Levi Ratliff PW, Justin Crace PW, Brandon Schankweiler Burg, and Luke Brown NW. Was all very impressive against very good compitition. Tyson Brown NW was going on sunday, and heard he would be very impressive in the weight room.

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

Great job guys, keep up the hard work.

Syntax
Riding the Bench

Re: SOC2 2009

Post by Syntax »

Being a Pirate, I am personally both impressed with the informed posts and opinions from West fans on here (especially siderfan - well done) and more than a little embarrassed from a small number of the high school guys on here from the Burg. It has been a tradition at the Burg that we do our talking on the field - apparently that is not so presently. Do all of us Pirate alumni a favor: stop posting. Stop blaming the West game on rain. Stop sounding ridiculously arrogant. Bear in mind the greatest players, coaches, and teams from your past viewed each game individually and as a game that we could lose. This focus has proved successful in the past; stop making others think that we are something we are not. Minford can be a game that we can lose, West can be a game that we can lose, Valley can be a game we can lose, Waverly can be a game that we can lose, Northwest can be game that we can lose. Stop blaming success on weather; if that's the fact, then the Pirates will be trembling when they see the storm clouds rolling in! I can tell you that this is not the case. Shut up and get back in the weight room. That is where the games have been won and lost in the past, not in the mud.

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

Good luck West in the upcoming season!!

CANNIBAL
All Conference

Post by CANNIBAL »

Northwest
Valley
Waverly
West
Wheelersburg
Minford

This is my standings and who i think will win it.
Northwest suprised everyone one with a outstanding baseball season i think they will have a good football season coming up. Go MOHAWKS!!!

blue53
All State

Post by blue53 »

Syntax wrote:Being a Pirate, I am personally both impressed with the informed posts and opinions from West fans on here (especially siderfan - well done) and more than a little embarrassed from a small number of the high school guys on here from the Burg. It has been a tradition at the Burg that we do our talking on the field - apparently that is not so presently. Do all of us Pirate alumni a favor: stop posting. Stop blaming the West game on rain. Stop sounding ridiculously arrogant. Bear in mind the greatest players, coaches, and teams from your past viewed each game individually and as a game that we could lose. This focus has proved successful in the past; stop making others think that we are something we are not. Minford can be a game that we can lose, West can be a game that we can lose, Valley can be a game we can lose, Waverly can be a game that we can lose, Northwest can be game that we can lose. Stop blaming success on weather; if that's the fact, then the Pirates will be trembling when they see the storm clouds rolling in! I can tell you that this is not the case. Shut up and get back in the weight room. That is where the games have been won and lost in the past, not in the mud.

:aaaaa41

piratepride05
Freshman Team

Post by piratepride05 »

^Second

CANNIBAL
All Conference

Post by CANNIBAL »

piratepride05 wrote:^Second

huh?

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

CANNIBAL wrote:Northwest
Valley
Waverly
West
Wheelersburg
Minford

This is my standings and who i think will win it.
Northwest suprised everyone one with a outstanding baseball season i think they will have a good football season coming up. Go MOHAWKS!!!

If you flip the order, I agree with you. Other than that, I dont agree with much that you post.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Minford, West, Burg - And it will be settled on the field

piratepride05
Freshman Team

Post by piratepride05 »

CANNIBAL wrote:
piratepride05 wrote:^Second

huh?

I was agreeing with the two posts before mine. You must be a newb on internet forums. ;-)

CANNIBAL
All Conference

Post by CANNIBAL »

no im not a newb i was just playing around.
to stew things up. :122246

BurgDaddy101
Waterboy

Post by BurgDaddy101 »

All i know is last year was a good season for the burg. They were young and dumb. This year they should all be alittle more experienced, some more than others. Four times they were in close games and they pulled out two of them. This year the team as a whole will be bigger, faster and stronger. This team may have the caliber to go all the way. As long as the boys dont get big heads. Cant wait till kickoff. Sorry SOC II. This may be devastating to hear but the boys are working hard and cant wait to get that title back. GO BURG!!!

BigTime
JV Team

Post by BigTime »

Syntax wrote:Being a Pirate, I am personally both impressed with the informed posts and opinions from West fans on here (especially siderfan - well done) and more than a little embarrassed from a small number of the high school guys on here from the Burg. It has been a tradition at the Burg that we do our talking on the field - apparently that is not so presently. Do all of us Pirate alumni a favor: stop posting. Stop blaming the West game on rain. Stop sounding ridiculously arrogant. Bear in mind the greatest players, coaches, and teams from your past viewed each game individually and as a game that we could lose. This focus has proved successful in the past; stop making others think that we are something we are not. Minford can be a game that we can lose, West can be a game that we can lose, Valley can be a game we can lose, Waverly can be a game that we can lose, Northwest can be game that we can lose. Stop blaming success on weather; if that's the fact, then the Pirates will be trembling when they see the storm clouds rolling in! I can tell you that this is not the case. Shut up and get back in the weight room. That is where the games have been won and lost in the past, not in the mud.

Great Post! Good luck to both Burg and West in the upcoming season this should be decided between these 2 schools in the SOC 2 this year. I hope both teams make the playoff from this area. I just hope my Trojans can make the playoff with them.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

BurgDaddy101 wrote:All i know is last year was a good season for the burg. They were young and dumb. This year they should all be alittle more experienced, some more than others. Four times they were in close games and they pulled out two of them. This year the team as a whole will be bigger, faster and stronger. This team may have the caliber to go all the way. As long as the boys dont get big heads. Cant wait till kickoff. Sorry SOC II. This may be devastating to hear but the boys are working hard and cant wait to get that title back. GO BURG!!!

I think all the players, at all the schools will be bigger, stronger and faster. Sorry burg but Minford lost two close ones too and has everyone back but some lineman so, no devastation here. Minford was among the young and dumb too.

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

the edge has to be given to the burg. only losing 5 starters. 2-OL, 1-TE/Fs, 1-FB/LB, 1-RB/Cb. 5 Offense and 3 on Defense.

(1 big addition to Offense, Defense and Special Teams) ----T.Lang

Return to “Football”