come three deciding factors:
1.) turnovers
2.) penalties
3.) special teams

while i am biased w/siderpride,
the bottom line is simply:
the team with the fewest mental mistakes,
and dominant special teams
will own the scoreboard come friday night!

could look like the demolition derby,
w-34 to v-33.
at the sound of the siren...
stick it in there!
the trophy case

Westfan
SEOP

Re: Week 7 West @ Valley

Post by Westfan »

ZacBrownBand wrote:So Valley is just gonna sit Yates and Keller this week. Apparently they don't even need them!! Just Let Howard take all the snaps and the Indians will be in fine shape....Since West isn't any good.
that's the way it reads on here. Valley is just too skilled. Evidently we might as well stay home, we have no chance.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

I mentioned on the Minford-West thread after their game last week that I was absolutely impressed with the way Levi Ratliff handled himself during WNXT's postgame radio interview with him. I noticed on another thread where someone mentioned the outstanding character of Valley's Luke Keller.

That being said, I would just like to take a moment to say thank you to those two young men and their families, as a parent of young children involved in youth sports myself. So often we forget the "pressures" of being a teenager, not to mention the added pressure of being successful amongst your peers at that young age. I know I certainly never displayed such outstanding character at that age, but I hope and pray every day that I teach my children to be far better than me. And, maybe they will look up to kids like Keller and Ratliff, among many others on both these teams.

blue53
All State

Post by blue53 »

siderman wrote:
ZacBrownBand wrote:So Valley is just gonna sit Yates and Keller this week. Apparently they don't even need them!! Just Let Howard take all the snaps and the Indians will be in fine shape....Since West isn't any good.
that's the way it reads on here. Valley is just too skilled. Evidently we might as well stay home, we have no chance.

LOL, just stay home. with these gas prices etc, why waste it. HA HA.

should be a very good game.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

HONESTABE wrote:Valley could play there 2nd team and win this game West hasnt played anybody yet .West could lose out
Wow you most be from one of the school that has been beatin by West. So is it Minford, South Point, Fairland, Rock Hill. Come on HONESTABE there is no reason to hide your amoung friends here. Or you can keep being a chicken s#!t either way I dont care just stop being an a$$ real fans don't want to deal with it.

ZacBrownBand
Varsity

Post by ZacBrownBand »

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know why the students at West call themselves the sharks????

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

noles_fan wrote:
HONESTABE wrote:Valley could play there 2nd team and win this game West hasnt played anybody yet .West could lose out
Wow you most be from one of the school that has been beatin by West. So is it Minford, South Point, Fairland, Rock Hill. Come on HONESTABE there is no reason to hide your amoung friends here. Or you can keep being a chicken s#!t either way I dont care just stop being an a$$ real fans don't want to deal with it.
I was trying to figure out what juggernaut teams that Valley has beaten that we haven't: Huntington, Waverly?

Needless to say, if Abe speaks it must be true

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

ZacBrownBand wrote:Just out of curiosity, does anyone know why the students at West call themselves the sharks????
There is a college defense that has that for a nickname. Maybe Alabama, but I thought I heard Wisconsin called that the other night. The seniors liked it.

ZacBrownBand
Varsity

Post by ZacBrownBand »

siderman wrote:
ZacBrownBand wrote:Just out of curiosity, does anyone know why the students at West call themselves the sharks????
There is a college defense that has that for a nickname. Maybe Alabama, but I thought I heard Wisconsin called that the other night. The seniors liked it.
Oh ok, thanks. I'd been wondering about that since I heard a few days ago

Black@Orange
Freshman Team

Post by Black@Orange »

Jesco White wrote:I mentioned on the Minford-West thread after their game last week that I was absolutely impressed with the way Levi Ratliff handled himself during WNXT's postgame radio interview with him. I noticed on another thread where someone mentioned the outstanding character of Valley's Luke Keller.

That being said, I would just like to take a moment to say thank you to those two young men and their families, as a parent of young children involved in youth sports myself. So often we forget the "pressures" of being a teenager, not to mention the added pressure of being successful amongst your peers at that young age. I know I certainly never displayed such outstanding character at that age, but I hope and pray every day that I teach my children to be far better than me. And, maybe they will look up to kids like Keller and Ratliff, among many others on both these teams.
If you happen to read the West program. In the back it has the seniors favorite sports memories. Levi's is not scoring a TD or making a interception. Or even winning a big game. His is running out of the tunnel with all the Pee-wee players with him. I think that says alot about him.

SuperSiders
Riding the Bench

Post by SuperSiders »

It's from Oklahoma's defense. They were featured on ESPN's All Access. http://search.espn.go.com/oklahoma-all-access/videos/6

The kids seen it, liked it, and it stuck. Great school spirit!

The Valley Indians could very well be "West Side shark bait!" Let's hope so...Good Luck and Go West!

crab_apple4
JV Team

Post by crab_apple4 »

I hear the Indians were bringing in Roy Scheider (Chief Martin Brody) as an honorary captain for this game!

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

The Shark nickname came from the Oklahoma Sooners. Their defensive backs called themselves sharks because of the way they come up and hit and play very fast. The senior Defensive backs liked the way that this applied to themselves as well so they decided that they would be the sharks of high school football! Not the whole defense is called the sharks, this nickname only belongs to West hard hitting defensive backs...Auger #9, Summers #25, Bricker #22, and Ratliff #3! Go SHARKS!! big game friday night!!! :122249

SittingBull
Waterboy

Post by SittingBull »

Heck with it, I think we're the ones that should play come Friday night. Let's just let the kids sit and watch; after all, we're the ones doing all the "positive" talking and predicting, as well as being the ones who have all of the unique insights and compelling analysis as well as definite game strategies..... I'll play TIGHT END!!
Last edited by SittingBull on Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

1darkhorse
Waterboy

Post by 1darkhorse »

SuperSiders wrote:
It's from Oklahoma's defense. They were featured on ESPN's All Access. http://search.espn.go.com/oklahoma-all-access/videos/6

The kids seen it, liked it, and it stuck. Great school spirit!

The Valley Indians could very well be "West Side shark bait!" Let's hope so...Good Luck and Go West!
Lets hope this is one turns out like the last seen of Jaws. Everyone knows what happens there. BOOM!
8) :lol: :lol: 8)

SittingBull
Waterboy

Post by SittingBull »

"Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him."
- Quint, Jaws 1975

HONESTABE
Waterboy

Post by HONESTABE »

If it comes down to class valley will win buy 50 talent by 30 coaching by 40 any way you look at it valley will blow out west

Alitown
Freshman Team

Post by Alitown »

HONESTABE wrote:If it comes down to class valley will win buy 50 talent by 30 coaching by 40 any way you look at it valley will blow out west
That could be the dumbest post I've ever read on here!! Does anyone know how to block him from this page??

ZacBrownBand
Varsity

Post by ZacBrownBand »

HONESTABE wrote:If it comes down to class valley will win buy 50 talent by 30 coaching by 40 any way you look at it valley will blow out west
buy 50 talent.....anyone know where you can buy that, because I need me some

Also, HONESTABE, you have got to be the most ignorant (dumbest) poster that I've ever seen. Until you have any proof of that this will happen (which there is none), everyone will think you are just an idiot. West and Valley are both very good teams and will be a very good game. No blow-out.

Unless you can see the future and this really does (SOMEHOW) happen, in that case I have a few questions for you

Buckeye24
Varsity

Post by Buckeye24 »

Isn't there an age limit on this forum?

Return to “Football”