South Gallia @ River Valley Jamboree Aug. 15

BBallin fool
SEOP

Re: South Gallia @ River Valley Jamboree Aug. 15

Post by BBallin fool »

91 "OLD BULL" is about 90% now ;-) ;-) ;-) Know update on Northup???

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

You are correct that you don't get as many points for playing lower division teams, but RV has had how many good seasons ever? So if you schedule a bunch of D-VI teams and beat them, it is better than losing to D-1, 2, 3,4, or 5 teams.

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Post by BRUTUS IS A BEAST »

I think the 03 year it would of been an even game then 04 rv would of won in a blow out because sg was down really far then in 05 and 06 sg would of won. Then the past 2 years rv would of won but this year it would switch back to sg. SG is young this year for the most part so I think it will stay in there favor for a couple more years.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

mercerville monster wrote:
Apparently your right someone doesn't undersdstand how it works,why play a team and get 3 points that is 2 classes below you when you can play and beat a team from div 5,4,3 (if you are a playoff caliber team you should be able to compete with those teams and stand a chance to win) and get 10 points. Because now that SG is in the TVC it is truthly doubtful they will win enough games on a regular basis to help anyone out with playoff points. For River Valley it makes much more sense to play Alexander,Meigs or Minford or any other team not in the basement just in case there is a chance of making the playoffs (which should be every teams goal every year)!
Now that Mercerville (over the past 5 years has become a football mecca) I can understand wanting to play a team in a higher division. SERIOUSLY! over the past 5 years River Valley has lost way more games than they have won and definantly lost more games than South Gallia,but there is not 1 year in that time I can think of when they would be favored if they were to have played the Raiders, Talent from top to bottom was not even close!! If you had to pick a year to start scrimmaging RV this would have been the perfect scenerio for SG.
Apparently your right someone doesn't undersdstand how it works,why play a team and get 3 points that is 2 classes below you when you can play and beat a team from div 5,4,3 (if you are a playoff caliber team you should be able to compete with those teams and stand a chance to win) and get 10 points. Because now that SG is in the TVC it is truthly doubtful they will win enough games on a regular basis to help anyone out with playoff points. For River Valley it makes much more sense to play Alexander,Meigs or Minford or any other team not in the basement just in case there is a chance of making the playoffs (which should be every teams goal every year)!
Now that Mercerville (over the past 5 years has become a football mecca) I can understand wanting to play a team in a higher division. SERIOUSLY! over the past 5 years River Valley has lost way more games than they have won and definantly lost more games than South Gallia,but there is not 1 year in that time I can think of when they would be favored if they were to have played the Raiders, Talent from top to bottom was not even close!! If you had to pick a year to start scrimmaging RV this would have been the perfect scenerio for SG.

In 2006, the last time made the playoffs, I would guarantee SG would beat RV. SG went to Danville for the playoff game and kept it within 7 at halftime and then started turning the ball over. Danville would have beat both RV and SG and would have kept it very close with Gallia Academy.

I completely disagree with this statement. You really think you could have hung with Gallia ever? They are a level above the two county schools and probably always will be. This is a case of a fan being blinded by his passion for his team... which isn't always bad. But from an unbiased standpoint, to think that SG even would sniff a three touchdown loss against Gallia is insane!
Also Brutus, I played on the '03 RV team, and no way SG would have hung with us. We actually upset NY that year at our place. SG is well coached, so they may have been able to beat RV once or twice with Justy coaching, but ultimately RV would probably get the best of SG most years if they played an actual game that counted. As for friday_nite_fan, turnovers are an essential part of the game. Talk like that also shows your bias and lack of knowledge for the sport. 99.9% of football games have at least one turnover that a team commits. This is just a ridiculous logic for any sport.

friday_nite_fan
Varsity

Post by friday_nite_fan »

BlizzardMan wrote:Talk like that also shows your bias and lack of knowledge for the sport.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Yeah, ok....... :roll: :roll: :roll: I know nothing about football.... :122248 :122248 :122248 :roll:

Ok people, listen. SG won in a SCRIMMAGE, let's get that straight. It doesn't matter now because it doesn't show up in the win/loss column. So bobcat and monster, let it go. BOTH teams have things to work on before next Friday night. Good luck to both county schools this upcoming season. As for your above comment Blizzard, it shows YOUR lack of knowledge of posters. I am an RV grad so obviously I want the Raiders to do well every year. I have ties to both schools so how in the world can I be biased towards one over the other??????? :122248 I'm confused... As for saying I have a lack of knowledge for football, maybe you need to go get your brain examined. I'll sit and talk football whenever you want!!!

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

I am glad that the game was used to raise money for the stadium projects, but it surely has brought a great deal of hidden animosity between the schools out into the open.

I hope that both RV and SG can enjoy successful seasons this fall.

Galliaguy
Riding the Bench

Post by Galliaguy »

There was alot but in the last few years it has calmed down some......or at least the teachers in other parts of the county dont talk bad about SG like they use to....took a couple getting axed....

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

I like that avatar, hardnose.

ole_Bobcat
JV Team

Post by ole_Bobcat »

friday_nite_fan wrote:
BlizzardMan wrote:Talk like that also shows your bias and lack of knowledge for the sport.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Yeah, ok....... :roll: :roll: :roll: I know nothing about football.... :122248 :122248 :122248 :roll:

Ok people, listen. SG won in a SCRIMMAGE, let's get that straight. It doesn't matter now because it doesn't show up in the win/loss column. So bobcat and monster, let it go. BOTH teams have things to work on before next Friday night. Good luck to both county schools this upcoming season. As for your above comment Blizzard, it shows YOUR lack of knowledge of posters. I am an RV grad so obviously I want the Raiders to do well every year. I have ties to both schools so how in the world can I be biased towards one over the other??????? :122248 I'm confused... As for saying I have a lack of knowledge for football, maybe you need to go get your brain examined. I'll sit and talk football whenever you want!!!

First of all you can never say which team won a scrimmage,both teams scored 2 td's RV's just happened to be against the first team defense of SG and SG scored against RV's JV team. (SO WHO WON?) Plain and simple!!! Now i know SG made mistakes (fumbles) and if i were them i would be worried about that because that was a big problem last year!
Wamsley looked like a big time back the first 4 carries then he looked like a tired out of shape BIG RB, what do Big out of shape RB's do? FUMBLE! Turnovers are a part of tha game that are there and going to happen most teams either fumble and turn the ball over or they don't. Football knowledge? Before the last 6 years how many winning seasons did any team from Mercerville have? count them on one hand! So i don't know where your vast football knowledge would come from???
help me here?
The thing that bothers me is fans of SG wanting to put this team in the playoffs and talk down every other program on the planet as if they are a long time BIG PROGRAM! Listen SG has made a living off beating the Hannan's,Southern's and Portsmouth East's of the world now that you are in a respectable conference let's how many playoff runs you make? Exactly how many playoff bound teams has SG beat in the past 10 years? Just relax and cheer your team on stop stepping on toes and putting everyone else down for self gain,no one likes that! BRAGGING!

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

ole Bobcat!!!The Doc change his meds 24 hrs before game time! not big and out of shape!!! after all the rain and the meds has kicked in, about 90% now your very lucky the old Bull was sick. ;-) Good Luck to RV The rest of the season.

friday_nite_fan
Varsity

Post by friday_nite_fan »

Dude, let it go.... IT'S OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Post by Mercerville Monster »

Just to clear things up, I never said SG could hang with GA. I have played in the one and only game SG played GA in football and it was not pretty. I did say Danville could have hung with them in the 06 season and I believe that 100%. Nothing against GA, Danville is and was just that good.

I am definatley not linded by my passion or whatever someone said I was. Last year I predicted we would finish 5-5 AT BEST!!! We didnt even win that but was close. I dont think that is being blinded, if anything I am realistic about the Rebels.

ole_Bobcat
JV Team

Post by ole_Bobcat »

friday_nite_fan wrote:Dude, let it go.... IT'S OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Friday Night! M- Y- O- B Realx nothing wrong with a healthy conversation to clear the air.

AND "FOOL!" Whatever you say,Don't matter i seen hundreds of tired kids,that dude was tired and he fumbled! EOS & BS

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Sorry!!! He did not fumble in that game wrong back!!! I think SG could hang with GA. AND FOOL!!! ;-) LOL WOW, Play the game next season, You best worry about YOUR season ;-) 16-14 game over.

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

BBallin fool wrote:Sorry!!! He did not fumble in that game wrong back!!! I think SG could hang with GA. AND FOOL!!! ;-) LOL WOW, Play the game next season, You best worry about YOUR season ;-) 16-14 game over.

yep cause minford might just hang 30 on ya by halftime

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

At least the Raiders are willing to schedule Minford as opposed to the Helen Keller School for the Blind! Look, winning football games is all about matchups. You can throw common opponents out the window. It's about a secondary not matching up well against a receiver, or a defense designed to allow LB's to run freeall game against two good guards who have the ability to block them. It is much more complicated than this team beat that team who beat the other team. It is about watching film, finding mismatches that favor you and exploiting those mismatches. Having said that, SG runs a type of veer offense, which is a type of offense that the Raiders can handle covering much better than a spread, which is what they see from Fairland, South Point, Oak Hill and some others. I do wish both teams luck this year, and this game was great for raising stadium money.

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

i was just jerkin your chain a little RV has shown steady solid improvement each year we have played them and minford roots for you weeks 2-10 i dont think it will be long before you make some noise in your league.

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Post by BRUTUS IS A BEAST »

BlizzardMan wrote:Also Brutus, I played on the '03 RV team, and no way SG would have hung with us. We actually upset NY that year at our place. SG is well coached, so they may have been able to beat RV once or twice with Justy coaching, but ultimately RV would probably get the best of SG most years if they played an actual game that counted.

I knew almost everyone on that team and watched them play one game that year. I said it would of been a good game but we would of won looking at what each of our parts of the game that we were good at that year and matching up against players in passing game

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

quote="BRUTUS IS A BEAST"]
I knew almost everyone on that team and watched them play one game that year. I said it would of been a good game but we would of won looking at what each of our parts of the game that we were good at that year and matching up against players in passing game[/quote]

Brutus, I don't even think you know what you just said!

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Post by Mercerville Monster »

At least the Raiders are willing to schedule Minford as opposed to the Helen Keller School for the Blind!

Thats not showing much respect for the blind people in this country.

SG runs a type of veer offense

Not anymore.

Return to “Football”