Portsmouth vs. Portsmouth West Updates

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Portsmouth/West Updates?

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I'D HAVE LOVED TO HAVE SEEN THIS ONE. BUT THIS WEEKEND WAS MY 30 YEAR REUION. THE FACILITIES LOOK AMAZING.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Bleeding Red wrote:Siderman- everyone is sick and tired of some of the West fans talking about GREAT they are. Give it up. We are all tired of hearing the crap.

how does that foot taste Siders cause you sure stuck it in yourb mouth. You have one loss and the W on the side of the helmet isnt scaring anybody. I see Burg, Minford, Valley and possibly Waverly beating West this year which puts you at 6-4 or 5-5. There is your joke buddy

Well that's your opinion. Of course West is a 2 point conversion away from going 2-0 and they basically played terrible both ballgames. I guess we could have opened up with River Valley and Wellston and there would be so much optimism. This game will reap rewards later in the season and this team will get better and better.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

siderman wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:Siderman- everyone is sick and tired of some of the West fans talking about GREAT they are. Give it up. We are all tired of hearing the crap.

how does that foot taste Siders cause you sure stuck it in yourb mouth. You have one loss and the W on the side of the helmet isnt scaring anybody. I see Burg, Minford, Valley and possibly Waverly beating West this year which puts you at 6-4 or 5-5. There is your joke buddy

Well that's your opinion. Of course West is a 2 point conversion away from going 2-0 and they basically played terrible both ballgames. I guess we could have opened up with River Valley and Wellston and there would be so much optimism. This game will reap rewards later in the season and this team will get better and better.

Siderman- you seem to be alright. Sorry if I offended you.
But there are alot of West posters on here eating heapings of crow right now and I again am sorry if I accidentally added you to that group. I have posted tons of posts about West this year and they all say the same thing, that a team cant lose that many talented seniors and play to the same level. That is a complilment of last years team. I always pull for the SOC II, but there were many West fans that we were tired of hearing on here when common sense says they are going to have growing pains this year.

And I wish we didnt open with River Valley but I wasnt the AD several years ago when that game was scheduled.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

No, I'm on that list. West is better than they played the first 2 games. Saturday we were on about the 50 and snapped it over the QB's head in our one play from the Pistol/shotgun, which is a big part of our offense. In the second half they ran a counter from Portsmouth's 10 yard line and there was no-one there, but they fumbled the handoff. He could've walked into the endzone. One Portsmouth's Punt return for their second score they had #18 pinned in and missed the tackles. Just mistake after mistake and they still have a chance to win at the end.

Quite frankly it makes me very optimistic about the season ahead. They will get much better. I really believe we are still paying the price for only 1 scrimmage with a very young team against a down Gallia team when everyone else had 3.

West should be favored the next 4 games against SP, Rock Hill, Chesapeake, and Northwest before they play Waverly at home. Hopefully alot of these mistakes will be ironed out by then. This team will be extremely dangerous by SOC II time. I just wish we could have pulled this out for the playoff points. This will hurt us later, but if we can get in these guys may get another chance at the Trojans.

Archie
Waterboy

Post by Archie »

Didn't get a chance to go Saturday but watched the game on replay on the Zone last night. Portsmouth needs a new offensive coordinator! Talk about being predictable. Do they know how to use the middle of the field in their passing game? Everything seems to be outside the hashes. Josh Myers was the best player on the field Saturday. Was really impressed with his leadership. Defense played extremely well. Offensive line could use a few from defensive line to help improve blocking like Meade,James, and Tre Underwood. West showed alot of heart and Murphy and Pendleton played well. Good luck to both teams the rest of the season!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

I think west is beter then they played,,I also think Portsmouth is better then they played, esp in the second half...and remember we had a second and goal from the 5 yard line, and then had some stupid penaltys that backed us up, and we did not score,,that score there could have put this game away...IMO.

anyway, I hope west does win out from here,,good luck.

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

Archie wrote:Didn't get a chance to go Saturday but watched the game on replay on the Zone last night. Portsmouth needs a new offensive coordinator! Talk about being predictable. Do they know how to use the middle of the field in their passing game? Everything seems to be outside the hashes. Josh Myers was the best player on the field Saturday. Was really impressed with his leadership. Defense played extremely well. Offensive line could use a few from defensive line to help improve blocking like Meade,James, and Tre Underwood. West showed alot of heart and Murphy and Pendleton played well. Good luck to both teams the rest of the season!

Oh how you are not the only one...........for several years now, I and others can not figure the man out as to why we play only from the hashes to the sidelines and do not attack the middle of the field! :122247 :122247 :122247 :( :( :(

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Sounded like a great game.

Just got done reading the PDT article and saw where Joe Albrecht said that there was around 9,000-10,000 people there. Is that correct and or possible?

For 9,000, that would be saying that the home side holds 5,000, the visitors side holds 3,000 and another 1,000 on the levee. I saw Spartan filled to capacity both home and away side with alot of people standing one year when Burg played Nelsonville York in the playoffs and there was only around 6,200 people that night, so to say that there was 9-10 thousand there last night might be stretching the truth.

Westsider1993
JV Team

Post by Westsider1993 »

6500 tops. 9 to 10 thousand is a stretch

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I looked at my watch. At 6:20 the West side was full.

battlecats
JV Team

Post by battlecats »

Id say a little over 5000 on the home side, 1500 on the away side, 1000+ on the levy and around 1500 standing around other places.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

battlecats wrote:Id say a little over 5000 on the home side, 1500 on the away side, 1000+ on the levy and around 1500 standing around other places.

R U serious? There is no way that the home side now holds that many. Spartan had the biggest home side of any HS stadium around here and I think I'd heard one time that it holds 4500, so there is no way that new stadium holds 9-10,000 people, plus you stated 1,500 standing around other places. If the levee was full, just where is "other places" to stand. Just think of it this way, if you had a 100 people in a row, that row would be go back 15 deep. I don't see it happening.

Don't get me wrong, the stadium looks really nice and I'm looking forward to visiting it this Friday, but lets not go overbaord on the amount of people that was there and that it can hold.

TrojanBuff
JV Team

Post by TrojanBuff »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:
battlecats wrote:Id say a little over 5000 on the home side, 1500 on the away side, 1000+ on the levy and around 1500 standing around other places.

R U serious? There is no way that the home side now holds that many. Spartan had the biggest home side of any HS stadium around here and I think I'd heard one time that it holds 4500, so there is no way that new stadium holds 9-10,000 people, plus you stated 1,500 standing around other places. If the levee was full, just where is "other places" to stand. Just think of it this way, if you had a 100 people in a row, that row would be go back 15 deep. I don't see it happening.

Don't get me wrong, the stadium looks really nice and I'm looking forward to visiting it this Friday, but lets not go overbaord on the amount of people that was there and that it can hold.

The home side does hold 5,000. You can go count every seat if you don't believe.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

home side 5,000....you have to actualy go inside and up into the seats to see how big it really is.

if I was Joe and I lied about how many people was there..I sure wouldnt want to try to explain where the money went :122246 .

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

another thing,I sit on the leve....looked a whole lot more then 1,500 on there...it was covered :122246

Black@Orange
Freshman Team

Post by Black@Orange »

The place was full, what does it matter? We all got to see an excellent High School Football game. If any more fans tried to come in Skip Hickman would have probably had them removed off the fence. And given them a 1 min and 30 sec to get out. :lol:

trojanbacker97
Riding the Bench

Post by trojanbacker97 »

Great game. The new stadium looks great but it didn't feel like home. I guess it will eventually grow on me.

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

trojanbacker97 wrote:Great game. The new stadium looks great but it didn't feel like home. I guess it will eventually grow on me.

I know what you mean but the new place is beautiful. Just don't have the familiarity with it yet.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

one possibly problem I saw was both sides using the same bathroom kinda off by itself. There will be alot of trouble there.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

siderman wrote:one possibly problem I saw was both sides using the same bathroom kinda off by itself. There will be alot of trouble there.

they have vistors bathrooms ,in side the old gym directly behind vistors bleachers.

I was tld they would be open for the first game...was it not open?

Return to “Football”