WK4 (3-0) Wheelersburg @ (1-2) Cincy NCH

callie15
Varsity

Re: WK4 (3-0) Wheelersburg @ (1-2) Cincy NCH

Post by callie15 »

Please doesn't anyone on here have a school they like and leave the BURG alone, we will fine with out you . You have us running all over the state to lose a game so you can feel better. Mind your school and leave Burg alone.

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

:lol:
callie15 wrote:Please doesn't anyone on here have a school they like and leave the BURG alone, we will fine with out you . You have us running all over the state to lose a game so you can feel better. Mind your school and leave Burg alone.
Why? If everything is on the up and up it's no big deal right? Truth is Wheelersburg players are generally 1 year older than most schools because they use Pre K as a way to start kids at the same time other schools do but make them a year older. I think it's smart and other schools should follow suite.
It's a fact that Wheelersburg is in a fortunate location that makes it possible for kids from neighboring school districts to go there and alot of them do. Do they recruit? Who knows but mostly it recruits itself like Ironton did. But there is a method to the madness at Wheelersburg.

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

Ok you all are in time out........

If your kid can play ball we will give him 2 Twinkies and a extra 2 min. at recess......

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

No school turns down any student. All about that state money

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Raider6309 wrote:No school turns down any student. All about that state money
A lot of schools turn down open enrollment students.

Gluefactory
Waterboy

Post by Gluefactory »

Portsmouth will not run over anyone, Ironton looked terrible against Wheelersburg, but by week 10 they will beat Portsmouth and no I am not from Ironton.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Gluefactory wrote:Portsmouth will not run over anyone, Ironton looked terrible against Wheelersburg, but by week 10 they will beat Portsmouth and no I am not from Ironton.

We will see. Ironton is the weakest team I've seen yet. Time will tell, I hope they improve drastically. As I do the Trojans. Both teams need improvement, obviously.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Burg with another easy win.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

TrojanXplosion wrote:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:
formerfcfan wrote:I think Wheelersburg playing Bishop Watterson is a good get.

With the SOC schedule only giving Wheelersburg four guaranteed games, aside from the games vs the fellow river communities (Ironton, Proctorville Fairland, and Portsmouth) there are three games that Wheelersburg has to find for out of conference. I'm of the opinion if they play the Central Catholic League more often, as possible, this not only alleviates the scheduling concerns but also ensures Wheelersburg plays programs that consistently provide the competition, depth, and fundamental strengths that Wheelersburg faces when they step out of Region 19 into week 14 (e.g. Coldwater.)

The CCL generally has to travel far and wide for games later in the year; three of them (BW, SFD, and St. Charles) only play two CCL games by mandate, with them electing to play Bishop Hartley as well, and Bishop Ready only has one CCL mandated opponent (Hartley.) Bishop Ready is transitioning into the Mid-State League for football scheduling purposes only in the next few years, so that might not be as viable a get, but I do think BW and SFD would be more than happy to schedule up series in the future years (evidently BW already has.) St. Charles played Ironton a few years ago, so they have no excuse not to play the Burg.

hey I ain't trying to start anything. I think BW would be a great add for the burg. but be careful what you wish for. that's a horse of a different color. as is desales, Hartley. be careful how much of that big fantasy candy bar that you want to break off. because ironton played these kinds of schools for decades. and you quickly find out theres a big difference in the private inner city catholic schools that can draw from massive areas, and they are all star teams. ---------- it's a great test. but they can switch out 11 at a time and barely miss a beat.it's true currently burg is not getting tested locally. hopefully that changes. but it was just a short couple of years ago valley was whoopin the burg.i love the cocky, confident swagger from the burgites. and they are earning it ''weakly'' on Friday nights. I see all the stuff we must have done as fighting tiger fans for 40 years. and frankly , I miss it. but realize you are top of everybodies wish list. now if we can just get ironton, Portsmouth back on par. but the Trojans got smashed worse than the tigers. and I thought that would be a better game. so there's a lot of room for vast improvements in these parts of the state.but careful what you wish for.
Ironton lost to Burg 49-6 and looked like the worst Ironton team ever fielded in the process. Portsmouth lost 45-0. Both teams were smashed. I was at both games. To say Ironton performed better is a lie. Both teams sucked against Burg. Ironton didn't have a single positive play other than a long run against Burgs 2nd and 3rd string. Not saying Portsmouth did better but to say Ironton gave Burg a better game, laughable. Again, by far the worst conditioned, least athletic Ironton team I've seen ever since late 70's. Portsmouth will run over them week ten.
who am I to say you were wrong xplosion. firstly I was at neither game. I had more of a false sense of security actually about portsmouths team. I thought they were a little bit better than advertised, from reading stuff here. I already knew wheelersburg smashed ironton. and by all accounts I read here, it sounded as though Russell played burg very scrappy in a scrimmage. so by simple logic I thought ironton had played better by losing to russell in a close game.--whom I heard played burg purty scrappy. so how do you justify saying you think the Trojans will smash ironton week 10. if the Trojans lost to burg worse than the tigers. the truth is you can't nobody can. these are rivalry games and it sounds like both teams have to improve greatly. so all we can do is wait n see. I can and will make a bold prediction here by saying the worst of the 2 teams will likely lose.
Last edited by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT on Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

but frogs have hair n horses have feathers if you think teams like olentangy, Pickerington and the like do not want to play burg for fear of losing. now I will go on to say that I'm not saying that burg could not pull off an upset over one of them either. but these d1 schools play basically all d1 schools if they drop a division er so to play anybody it's generally a large catholic schools chocked full of assembled d1 athletes.the last time ironton played d1 Lancaster they shaved several layers off the golden gayles till the white flag came up. but that was many moons ago. and under lutz.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Cpt. Obvious wrote:
TrojanXplosion wrote:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:

hey I ain't trying to start anything. I think BW would be a great add for the burg. but be careful what you wish for. that's a horse of a different color. as is desales, Hartley. be careful how much of that big fantasy candy bar that you want to break off. because ironton played these kinds of schools for decades. and you quickly find out theres a big difference in the private inner city catholic schools that can draw from massive areas, and they are all star teams. ---------- it's a great test. but they can switch out 11 at a time and barely miss a beat.it's true currently burg is not getting tested locally. hopefully that changes. but it was just a short couple of years ago valley was whoopin the burg.i love the cocky, confident swagger from the burgites. and they are earning it ''weakly'' on Friday nights. I see all the stuff we must have done as fighting tiger fans for 40 years. and frankly , I miss it. but realize you are top of everybodies wish list. now if we can just get ironton, Portsmouth back on par. but the Trojans got smashed worse than the tigers. and I thought that would be a better game. so there's a lot of room for vast improvements in these parts of the state.but careful what you wish for.
Ironton lost to Burg 49-6 and looked like the worst Ironton team ever fielded in the process. Portsmouth lost 45-0. Both teams were smashed. I was at both games. To say Ironton performed better is a lie. Both teams sucked against Burg. Ironton didn't have a single positive play other than a long run against Burgs 2nd and 3rd string. Not saying Portsmouth did better but to say Ironton gave Burg a better game, laughable. Again, by far the worst conditioned, least athletic Ironton team I've seen ever since late 70's. Portsmouth will run over them week ten.
Don't let ole baits posts upset ya explosion.... He didn't watch either of those games... So any opinion he has about any football team is from second-hand info... And he likes to always find some way to insinuate that ironton is better than someone :roll: seems like it's portsmouths turn in his book lol.

hey cap'n. let me be a bit OBVIOUS about a couple things here. I may not make any game this year. I have serious health issues as well as serious eye problems. I've had 14 surgeries. I am able to drive, but I don't make trips at night without another driver. I'm legally blind in the state of ohio without my contact lenses. I've had 3 cornea transplants and was blind 3 years. I also broke my back, I've had 7 knee surgeries. I had a steel left knee put in in 2000. and my right knee is getting replaced hopefully in the spring. I know a lot of you will think this is funny. whatever. I listen to every game I can't get to. the ones I get to are when my wife is off on a Friday since there can be another driver. when your wife gets home at 6:45 or 7 here in waverly. kinda hard to make a 7pm or 7:30 start to a ballgame. do I miss em,======= is the pope catholic. but I'm fine with that as well. i'll get there when I can.if not I'm still a fan. it ain't like I'm the only alumni to ever move away. but also I'm just in waverly. so if I didn't have even the eye issue, I'd likely be at every one of them because I could drive alone. I only made practically every game from the womb to the age of 50.i think that constitutes a fan, by any standards. moved to lake white in 2010. hard to find somebody here that wants to go to an ironton game with you.but you go right on poking the bear. I'm bigger than that. and if it makes you feel secure at night. or puts more air in your inflateable high chair then go for it. I've done nothing but give props to anybody that has a fine program. and especially burg. because forever I've been seeing them meet not 1 but 2 times a year.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

and it's not like I don't know who you are anyway. and this information about me is something you already know. and I was foolish enough to think we were friends. and you ain't really the sharpest knife in the drawer either.as far as a poster saying anything about hate or downing a program. I never do. I'm smart enough even listening to a game to know what we are not doing right. and right now ironton ain't doing much right. but i'll always be a fan.and heres hoping that ironton and Portsmouth level their games out so it's a tossup anytime, burg, Portsmouth or ironton hook up.

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:
TrojanXplosion wrote:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:

who am I to say you were wrong xplosion. firstly I was at neither game. I had more of a false sense of security actually about portsmouths team. I thought they were a little bit better than advertised, from reading stuff here. I already knew wheelersburg smashed ironton. and by all accounts I read here, it sounded as though Russell played burg very scrappy in a scrimmage. so by simple logic I thought ironton had played better by beating Russell--whom I heard played burg purty scrappy. so how do you justify saying you think the Trojans will smash ironton week 10. if the Trojans lost to burg worse than the tigers. the truth is you can't nobody can. these are rivalry games and it sounds like both teams have to improve greatly. so all we can do is wait n see. I can and will make a bold prediction here by saying the worst of the 2 teams will likely lose.
The problem with your logic is that Ironton didn't beat Russell but I agree with you on one point to hard to say at this point how the Portsmouth and Ironton game will turn out. Its a rivalry game and there's a lot of football still to be played between now and them so a lot can happen before they meet up.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Mad-Dogg wrote:
dontreply wrote:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:

I'm gonna throw my 1st 15 yarder of this new high school season. no way these teams all turned burg down. especially the last 3 listed here. when you fall , it's gonna be hard. you have become what the fighting tigers were. hated and respected at the same time. and everybody wants to knock off the king of the hill.i sure miss those days with the fighting tigers , who are simply struggling to gain respectability again.but they'll be back. but I think it will be with a brand new coaching staff.

Well from a "clowns" point of view. Maybe just maybe some of these schools thought traveling this far to beat burg and gain nothing from it was silly and could schedule closer games with better competition?
Sure I, get called some more names lol but could be true? Right?
Forgive me
who is to say these said schools would beat burg. i remember in 2007 burg played ky powerhouse johnson central and everyone was like burg is gonna get hammered. correct me if i'm wrong but not only was the final score 14-3 jc (which is far from gettin hammered) but we held one of the states best rb's in shawn grimm to one of his lowest rushin totals of his career

exactly my point doggie as you'll read in my post. I ain't saying burg could not beat them. I remember a Washington, dc team that was 3 in the country in the big schools. flew into ironton and left with a loss.burg could do the very same thing on a given night.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

sparky wrote:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:
TrojanXplosion wrote:
who am I to say you were wrong xplosion. firstly I was at neither game. I had more of a false sense of security actually about portsmouths team. I thought they were a little bit better than advertised, from reading stuff here. I already knew wheelersburg smashed ironton. and by all accounts I read here, it sounded as though Russell played burg very scrappy in a scrimmage. so by simple logic I thought ironton had played better by beating Russell--whom I heard played burg purty scrappy. so how do you justify saying you think the Trojans will smash ironton week 10. if the Trojans lost to burg worse than the tigers. the truth is you can't nobody can. these are rivalry games and it sounds like both teams have to improve greatly. so all we can do is wait n see. I can and will make a bold prediction here by saying the worst of the 2 teams will likely lose.
hey thanks s[parky I meant to say they lost to Russell in a close game,thanks for catching that. that was an oversight on my part.

The problem with your logic is that Ironton didn't beat Russell but I agree with you on one point to hard to say at this point how the Portsmouth and Ironton game will turn out. Its a rivalry game and there's a lot of football still to be played between now and them so a lot can happen before they meet up.

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

I'm glad the Ironton brethren chimed in with the normal 5 posts of "back when Ironton was good sunny we wuz tough" :lol:
Ironton fits in perfectly with the subject matter because they are the prime example of what happens when you have to play with your own kids. Ironton was the Lawrence-Boyd County Allstars. Now they are just Ironton and a few stragglers. Lutz was a good coach, but face it he had better talent than everyone else. He wasn't the football God most make him out to be. What he was though was smart enough to get out before the implosion.

Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:and it's not like I don't know who you are anyway. and this information about me is something you already know. and I was foolish enough to think we were friends. and you ain't really the sharpest knife in the drawer either.as far as a poster saying anything about hate or downing a program. I never do. I'm smart enough even listening to a game to know what we are not doing right. and right now ironton ain't doing much right. but i'll always be a fan.and heres hoping that ironton and Portsmouth level their games out so it's a tossup anytime, burg, Portsmouth or ironton hook up.
Calm down guy get over yourself, if ya don't like having your posts critiqued and read then stop posting. You can also stop with the lying man it's gettin old. You do criticize most teams who aren't ironton and most of your posts are derogatory and repetitive, Spend more time actually reading what your typing instead of listing your medical issues looking for sympathy. ... And will you please just one time post something about ironton that relates to this year and is not just what you " heard ".

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »