Waverly 3-4 vs Wheelersburg 5-2

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Re: Waverly 3-4 vs Wheelersburg 5-2

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Did you guys just not beat waverly by 27 points? To hear some of you burg posters on here I would've thought you just got whipped by some D VI school or something. I always thought it was "against the company line" to come out and criticize everything from the coaching to the fans to the cheer block, even the players on the field? I thought you guys were always positive no matter what happened. Has the empire fallen? Some people wanted rid of Tony Lewis so bad they couldn't stand it, well they got what they wanted I guess. To those peoople, You made your bed now lay in it.

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

IRONFALCON wrote:Did you guys just not beat waverly by 27 points? To hear some of you burg posters on here I would've thought you just got whipped by some D VI school or something. I always thought it was "against the company line" to come out and criticize everything from the coaching to the fans to the cheer block, even the players on the field? I thought you guys were always positive no matter what happened. Has the empire fallen? Some people wanted rid of Tony Lewis so bad they couldn't stand it, well they got what they wanted I guess. To those peoople, You made your bed now lay in it.

Nice post, IronFalcon.

preps_fan1980
Freshman Team

Post by preps_fan1980 »

IRONFALCON wrote:Did you guys just not beat waverly by 27 points? To hear some of you burg posters on here I would've thought you just got whipped by some D VI school or something. I always thought it was "against the company line" to come out and criticize everything from the coaching to the fans to the cheer block, even the players on the field? I thought you guys were always positive no matter what happened. Has the empire fallen? Some people wanted rid of Tony Lewis so bad they couldn't stand it, well they got what they wanted I guess. To those peoople, You made your bed now lay in it.

first off, i liked coach lewis. secondly, win or lose, it's obvious when your team doesn't play well. we played bad at ironton, and down at minford, and looked sloppy tonight against waverly. don't get me wrong...i'll always support our kids. but i want them to work on their mistakes and miscues and get better each week.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Beating waverly by 27 is no great accomplishment, waverly is not a very good football team. I have never been much of a "company man", more of a "call it like I see it" type guy. It doesn't take a football genius to see this team is playing nowhere near it's potential.

roy
Waterboy

Post by roy »

The only reason beating waverly by 27 isnt enough is because the west side hung up 60+..... a win is a win no matter the score that games behind us time to move on and try to keep a touchdownless streak goin :-D

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

the way the burg is playing I think they should probably worry more about trying to squeak out a victory next week than keeping the tdless streak alive.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:Very ugly win and a pathetic crowd. I don't think I've ever seen a smaller crowd at a homecoming game in my 38 years of living in Wheelersburg. Wheelersburg home side wasn't even a third full and Waverly probably didnm't have 75 to 100 people on their side.

Congrats to the boys on the win. They looked good at times and really bad at others. One bright spot was Tyler Craigmiles running the ball tonight. He looked really good. They still can't pass the ball and that will kill them come playoff time.

I would think shank and his 200+ rushing yds and 4tds might be another bright spot

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

roy,
Using your logic of West "hanging" 60+ on Waverly would have Burg beating Valley by 10. Valley beat Waverly 23-6, Burg beat Waverly 33-6. Your logic says Valley would not be as good as Burg.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

roy wrote:The only reason beating waverly by 27 isnt enough is because the west side hung up 60+..... a win is a win no matter the score that games behind us time to move on and try to keep a touchdownless streak goin :-D

Yeah and the Burg hung 68 on the Trojans. West did what against the Trojans????? Oh, thats right, they LOST!!!!!!!!!!

Burg has two HUGE games upcoming and these next two weeks will determine if they have the desire to want to play in the playoffs or of they are ready to call it quits. This team has a ton of potential to make some serious noise in the playoffs. They have to get there first.

samiam
Waterboy

Post by samiam »

I've just got question for anyone who might know the answer: Did Waverly ever have any other colors than orange and black? Someone told me that a few years back they changed their colors to gold and something else. And later went back to orange and black?

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Yep, they went to an ugly gold and black a few years back. Neve could figure that one out unless it was to try to get more shirt sales as everyone in the town had to buy new shirts to support the teams.

Kind of like when Jordan changed his number from 23 to 45. Just a ploy to get more sales

samiam
Waterboy

Post by samiam »

Thnx Yabbadabbadoo :

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

Until the mid to late 70's Waverly's football team had the colors of Vegas gold and black. Some coach late 70's went to orange and black. Maybe they should go back to Gold and Black, they beat everybody consistently other than Notre Dame.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

fbnut wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:Very ugly win and a pathetic crowd. I don't think I've ever seen a smaller crowd at a homecoming game in my 38 years of living in Wheelersburg. Wheelersburg home side wasn't even a third full and Waverly probably didnm't have 75 to 100 people on their side.

Congrats to the boys on the win. They looked good at times and really bad at others. One bright spot was Tyler Craigmiles running the ball tonight. He looked really good. They still can't pass the ball and that will kill them come playoff time.

I would think shank and his 200+ rushing yds and 4tds might be another bright spot

I didn't post that to slight Shankweiler. He has pretty much done that consistently in most of the games. It was just good to see Craigmiles finally get some good runs in and rack up some yardage.

IRONFALCON, I too was not one of the ones wanting Lewis out at the Burg and yes a 27 point win over Waverly is great, but the Pirates hung up the first 13 points very quickly in the first quarter and then 14 more very quickly in the 3rd quarter and the rest of the game they looked really lethargic on offense. The defense looked good and got after the Waverly QB, but he still completed quite a few passes. If the Burgs pass defense doesn't get any better and if they don't somehow find a passing game of their own the playoffs will be very short lived, if they even make them. They had better not take Valley or West lighly or they finish the season with twp straight losses.

Return to “Football”