D5 - Region 19: (#5) Wheelersburg at (#4) Monroe Central

Who advances?

Total votes: 0

89Falcon
Waterboy

Re: D5 - Region 19: (#5) Wheelersburg at (#4) Monroe Central

Post by 89Falcon »

Burg has so much talent they dont know what to do with it... and im serious about that ... if you look at sme film of monroe in my oppion they are the best team in the region with that qb being a 4 year starter and has a nice team around him... however if burg plays there A game it can go eather way ... hope burg pulls this one off

good luck to the burg represent the SOCII

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

neutron--need to be positive. u going to take the game in at the house? that would be best.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

89Falcon wrote:Burg has so much talent they dont know what to do with it... and im serious about that ... if you look at sme film of monroe in my oppion they are the best team in the region with that qb being a 4 year starter and has a nice team around him... however if burg plays there A game it can go eather way ... hope burg pulls this one off

Burgs figured it out. I wonder what films MC has requested! Just need you to take some spelling lessons or lay off the sauce for just a bit , actually, drink some more!! LOL!!!! I am!!

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Mad_Dogg wrote:is the stadium located on the marietta campus?

Football field is located on the east side of the city across the muskingham river. If ur following rt 7, take the washington st bridge (still rt 7) then turn right on 4th street. Go 6 blocks and turn left, the stadium is there and Im sure they will have directors to parking.

If ur taking 550 into marietta, it runs into rt 7 before you cross the bridge. Follow the instructions above.

If u traveled the WV route 2/I77, then after crossing the ohio river, take a left on rt 7 (pike st) and follow it about 5 blocks to the stadium.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

demaniac1 wrote:
89Falcon wrote:Burg has so much talent they dont know what to do with it... and im serious about that ... if you look at sme film of monroe in my oppion they are the best team in the region with that qb being a 4 year starter and has a nice team around him... however if burg plays there A game it can go eather way ... hope burg pulls this one off

Burgs figured it out. I wonder what films MC has requested! Just need you to take some spelling lessons or lay off the sauce for just a bit , actually, drink some more!! LOL!!!! I am!!

I actually think Freddies are the best, but then again, I am glad LU is out of it!!

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

Mad_Dogg wrote:is the stadium located on the marietta campus?

Stadium is located on pike street just across from Marietta campus. Very easy to find.

Here are the directions I use.

RT140 to Oak Hill
RT93 to Jackson
SR32E to Athens
SR50E/SR32E to Belpre
OH7 N to Marietta
Take Virginia St exit
Follow Virginia St thru 2 4-way stops to 1st traffic light (Putnam)
Turn R onto Putnam St
Cross bridge into downtown
Stay on Putnam and turn R on Fourth Street (3rd light I think) (Marietta Campus will be on your left)
Stay on Fourth to 1st traffic light and turn L. This is Pike Street.
Look R and you will see the stadium.
Take the next R and follow to parking.
Last edited by BULDOG on Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

Another route would be

RT140 to Oak Hill
R onto RT279 torward Rio Grande/Gallipolis
R onto SR35 to Gallipolis
Then take OH7 N along the river to Marietta.

This is alot of 2 lane.

Either route it will take approx 2 hrs to Marietta and another 10 to get to stadium.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Neutron Man wrote:
shaved a half an hour off?
so ur saying woodsfield is 3-3hr15min away?
cause its only 2hrs to 2hr 15 minutes to marietta, and dont question that cause that fact.
dont care how many trips you have taken. if it takes you longer you drive to slow.
I've never been to woodsfield. I'm just passing info on that is from ppl that actually live there and go by woodsfield all the time, and they say its about a half hour longer. so i will believe my source.

Anywho
Burg loses this game do to passing DEF,
Sorry I hope they win though!

One - You can lose the attitude. Two - I grew up in Woodsfield and have driven to and from Marietta hundreds of times, so yes, I do know what I'm talking about, and your source doesn't have a clue. I think I probably have a little more insight than your source. So yes, a drive from Wheelersburg to Woodsfield is 3:15 to 3:30 easy. Not that it matters, as the game is in Marietta, anyway.

E_Waugh
Freshman Team

Post by E_Waugh »

Im picking da Burg...

Wheelersburg 21
Monroe Central 14

91Grad
JV Team

Post by 91Grad »

I beleive this is the game of the week.. This comes down to who wants it more..Good Luck Burg...

A-Bomb
Riding the Bench

Post by A-Bomb »

dont kno much about monroe but ive heard their QB is a gunslinger....good luck to burg...i would love to see burg match up with minford in the regional final

burggrad1986
Riding the Bench

Post by burggrad1986 »

any fan busses going up from the burg?

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

burggrad1986 wrote:any fan busses going up from the burg?

I was wondering the same thing. They used to do this quite a bit years ago, but I don't think they've taken a fan bus for quite some time. It would be nice if they would. It would definitely help get a few more people in the seats.

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

Good luck Burg.........bring home the "W"

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Just in case none of the local radio stations around here cover the game, does MC have a radio station that does there games and are they on the intenet?

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

eddie wrote:neutron--need to be positive. u going to take the game in at the house? that would be best.

I've been positive all year round and then some and all I've witnessed is horrible pass DEF. I'm staying real. I hope they win and proceed on. If MC is a good passing team Burg will probably lose!

But as you probably saw, I hope they win!
And no I will be attending!

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

demaniac1 wrote:
Neutron Man wrote:
Steely Dan wrote:Woodsfield is 30 minutes away from Marietta College if you are flying in a plane, as the crow flies.... :lol:

There is a multitude of ways (all state routes) that you can take besides I-77 North to SR 78 at Caldwell, but they all take about an hour, or more. Mileage varies from about 48 miles to 60 miles one way, depending on which way you go.

I've made it in less than an hour driving up SR 821 to SR 145 to SR 78, knowing the road very well and driving a fast car :mrgreen: . None of the state route drives is for a novice, or the timid :122245

So, for all the burg fans, yes, you shaved about an hour off your drive with the game being moved to Marietta.[/

shaved a half an hour off?
so ur saying woodsfield is 3-3hr15min away?
cause its only 2hrs to 2hr 15 minutes to marietta, and dont question that cause that fact.
dont care how many trips you have taken. if it takes you longer you drive to slow.
I've never been to woodsfield. I'm just passing info on that is from ppl that actually live there and go by woodsfield all the time, and they say its about a half hour longer. so i will believe my source.

Anywho
Burg loses this game do to passing DEF,
Sorry I hope they win though!

I hope kemper and Parsley (or Craigmiles) have something to say about that!

GO BURG!! YOU CAN DO IT!!

Indeed!! Prove me wrong!
Get pissed and come out stomp the crap outta them!!

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:

I was wondering the same thing. They used to do this quite a bit years ago, but I don't think they've taken a fan bus for quite some time. It would be nice if they would. It would definitely help get a few more people in the seats.

i agree

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Mad_Dogg wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:

i agree

I really don't think that filling the seats will not be a problem. Looking at the attendance at the St. Clairsville game a few yrs ago, on a reg. season game. This playoff game should be filled!

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Lets stay on topic and not call people names just because you dont agree with them.

Return to “Football”