D4 - Region 15: (#8) Alexander at (#1) Amanda-Clearcreek

Who advances?

Total votes: 0

BOHICA
All Conference

Re: D4 - Region 15: (#8) Alexander at (#1) Amanda-Clearcreek

Post by BOHICA »

Amanda should be able to give their JV's some playoff experience, 48-0.

CodeRed
Waterboy

Post by CodeRed »

A lot of predictions of Amanda having a lot of points and Alexander not having any...if you check the stats, Alex can move the ball and score points and is very well coached... Congrats on both teams making the playoffs, but this one could be a little more interesting than people think, atleast i hope it is LOL

whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

Drew Pasteur's fantastic 50 has Amanda favored over Alex by 29

earp
S

Post by earp »

CodeRed,I have seen Amanda play quite a bit in years past and they are talking that this could be the best group they have had since their title teams!Alex might put up points on TVC teams but theis is a whole different animal here!

acespop
Waterboy

Post by acespop »

Does Alexander have many players that Start both offense and defense.

ccfan
Waterboy

Post by ccfan »

More times than not Amanda has started off slow in wk. 11. I don't expect a bunch of points put up by AC.
Alexander wouldn't be here if they hadn't been finding ways to put points on the board all year.
I think our D can keep Alexander in check, at least enough so to keep us out front in this one. AC is very good against the run, but I don't see a high scoring game here.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

From what I've been able to read about Amanda's Garren Dilley, who broke his leg last week a poster mentioned, I don't know how anyone could dismiss the huge impact this will have on Amanda-Clearcreek in the playoffs. Not saying he was their offense but, again, from what I've been able to gather so far, he was a very large part of it. The Cleveland Plain Dealer, says about Dilley in their DIV playoff preview:
'The Aces took a huge hit when RB Garren Dilley (1,386 yards, 15 TDs) broke his leg in Friday's win over Bloom-Carroll'

Interestingly, the Plain Dealer also picks Amanda-Clearcreek as a final four finisher....that's interesting..now, in DIV ball, how could, losing a that good of a RB not make a huge difference in your team? I mean, just on a physiological standpoint alone, it's big. The same poster, mentioned that Dilley is a 230lb RB. I'm assuming he done a lot of blocking too in the backfield as well.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

KII Ac is a loaded team, they got plenty of fill ins to take his spot that are just as good.

This AC team has played together many many years. they start out in biddy ball and stay together until they graduate.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

....they might be.... but you can't tell me that losing a kid like that isn't going to make a difference! expecially in short yardage situations. Again, it's a head game too!

It might not be in this game but somewhere during the playoffs, it's going to count against them in a huge way. I'm also 'assuming' that he probably was used to soften up the other team's defense as well...that will be gone a lot

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

In all honesty I do not see this hurting AC in anyway UNTIL they meat Ironton in the playoffs. that is the game that will be the TRUE test for AC. It's also the game I will be sure to travel too and watch, not supporting wither team just watching and cherring for some good football from both sides.
AC will have back ups for the back ups they always do, as far as the phsycological effect, I see them playing harder for this guy. they are a bunch of Farm boys who don't let emotions get in their way.

I could be wrong but I really doubt it.

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

kantuckyII wrote:From what I've been able to read about Amanda's Garren Dilley, who broke his leg last week a poster mentioned, I don't know how anyone could dismiss the huge impact this will have on Amanda-Clearcreek in the playoffs. Not saying he was their offense but, again, from what I've been able to gather so far, he was a very large part of it. The Cleveland Plain Dealer, says about Dilley in their DIV playoff preview:
'The Aces took a huge hit when RB Garren Dilley (1,386 yards, 15 TDs) broke his leg in Friday's win over Bloom-Carroll'

Interestingly, the Plain Dealer also picks Amanda-Clearcreek as a final four finisher....that's interesting..now, in DIV ball, how could, losing a that good of a RB not make a huge difference in your team? I mean, just on a physiological standpoint alone, it's big. The same poster, mentioned that Dilley is a 230lb RB. I'm assuming he done a lot of blocking too in the backfield as well.

Kentucky...I watched the game friday...and not to say CC isn't a good team...they are above average...but they wouldn't be above wheelersburg of this year...I have seen both play and I feel that the two are very close...I would have given Ironton a two touchdown advantage prior to Dilley going out now I would say they would be lucky to make it past the next couple of weeks...really doubt it...but they might and if nothing happens to Ironton I would look for at least a 21 point game...

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Did they use Dilley like I imagined? A lot of blocking too and punishing the defensive line?

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

kantuckyII wrote:Did they use Dilley like I imagined? A lot of blocking too and punishing the defensive line?

and how did your imagination say they used Dilley............ :?: :?:

you need to get back across the river where you belong and leave Amanda to take care of business..............
:roll: :roll:

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

TigerTownTurkey wrote:
kantuckyII wrote:Did they use Dilley like I imagined? A lot of blocking too and punishing the defensive line?

and how did your imagination say they used Dilley............ :?: :?:

you need to get back across the river where you belong and leave Amanda to take care of business..............
:roll: :roll:

Old man, as always, you've spoke without knowning what you're talking about. If you would have taken time to have read the thread, you...never mind, it just goes over you head...

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

if Amanda has other players that can play /be as good as Dilley, who had over 1,000 yards rushing...how can they not be as good as Burg?...unles they played a much weaker schedule..."honestly I dont know"...but losing a player like that has to hurt the team in a couple of ways...

like mstangmom, if them and Ironton meet up, this wil sure be a game,I would go see,

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

It's actually, close to 1,400 yards!

someone needs to stick to muttering pudding and jello over and over again...

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

kantuckyII wrote:It's actually, close to 1,400 yards!

someone needs to stick to muttering pudding and jello over and over again...

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

I don't really tink you can say they play a weak schedule
For starters they are 10-0
they Beat 3 other playoff teams
DIV Zane Trace 6th place in DV R15
DIII Logan Elm 4th place in DIII R12
DII Canal Winchester 7th place DII R7
Other "winning" teams they have beat include
Newark Catholic
Liberty Union
Fairfield Union
Only 4 teams on thier schedule hae a "losing" record
Circleville
Teays Valley
Bloom Carroll
Hamilton Township
Now Tigers90 says they were not that impressive last Friday night but I would have to ask How long were the starters really in the game considering they won 66-14.
I will also add I have never thought AC looked impressive on the field but they always seem to win. their games have always seemed "slow" and "uncoordinated" to me but it works for them.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

doesnt look weak to me...

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Biggdowgg I would also add the AC has only been a DIV school for 3 seasons now and they have been beating these larger schools for many years now. they do not let the size of a school bother them they just look at it like there are 11 boys on the fied on both sides of the ball. yes they have had a few losing season but the are usually winners when it comes to Football.

Return to “Football”