D5 - Region 19: (#6) Ridgewood at (#3) Minford

Who advances?

Total votes: 0

marshallman
Varsity

Re: D5 - Region 19: (#6) Ridgewood at (#3) Minford

Post by marshallman »

I would love to see that one play Minford used last year to score on the burg in the play-off game. The O-line slanted to the right like a sweep, TE was on the left side. The QB faked the hand off to RB also going right. QB then naked boot-legged around to the left where the TE slid off his block and flared out to the left flat all alone and caught the pass for a score. Man, that was pretty!

big-train
Freshman Team

Post by big-train »

whats the ole' sayin ....diddle diddle up the ......... :lol:

little doggy
Freshman Team

Post by little doggy »

Hey what about it is what it is!!!!! :lol:

ChainMan
Waterboy

Post by ChainMan »

First off, Mother Nature (as am I) is a Ridgewood poster and not a Falcon hater.
Here is a little info on the Ridgewood Football program
Ridgewood is a very well coached team. Every coach in the system from 7th grade up is a former Ridgewood player and these guys bleed orange and black. There are 12 of them on the Varsity /JV Staff. I think Ridgewood only pays for like three coaches so most do it for the love of the program. Over half of them played in collage. They graduated there entire offensive and defensive line and a very good back / LB from 2008 and still reloaded to complete only there third undefeated season in school history.
This is Ridgewood’s 7th straight trip to the playoffs with a current record of 1-6.
Since 2003 they have won 6 Inter Valley Conference championships and only lost 2 league games in that span. The IVC has three teams in the playoffs this year and over-all was much improved for the most part. Does it match up to the SOC II? Hell no.
Now to some of the comments. Ridgewood is not a one-pony team as I am sure your coaching staff is well aware of this. Conrad #5 is a very good back but Wiggins #3 and Landis #13 are just as dangerous. They will throw enough to keep teams off balance and have been very efficient at it. Davis # 12 was just a sophomore last year and has matured into a solid QB. Conrad did suffer an ankle injury in week five and saw-limited action for a few weeks but will be 100% this week. This is by FAR the fastest and most athlete team we have ever put on the field. Not as big up front as in the past but very athletic. From the very first scrimmage I could not believe this was a Ridgewood team I was watching. The films Minford requested were two mud games and the last game of the year. It will be hard to judge what Mother Nature was saying watching those films.
As far as the defense goes, I believe we can play the run very well thank you. And I know we can defend the pass pretty well. Yes we played three running teams and seven spread teams. When the IVC gave up trying to run against us they decided to switch to the spread in the last couple of years. Ridgewood responded to this trend and gave up there beloved 5 man front and switched to the 4-4 to better defend the spread. Would not be surprised to see the five back this week for Minford.
I think anyone picking a blow out for either team is silly. This should be a very close game between two solid teams. Seems on paper to be very similar teams.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Well Minford having to play another Orange and Black team is something these Minford boys love. 3 of their conference rivals wear the orange and black, and something strange clicks in their head when they see these colors and it's not good.

Minford is a very physical team with their O-line averaging 252 lbs including the TE and they have team speed at the skill position so I look for a good ball game here. I just hope it's the physical brand Minford brought to the Westside a few weeks ago.

I think the 3.5 hour long bus trip down on a Friday after having to get up for school is a disadvantage for the Wood, takes them out of their routine.

Good luck Falcons!

bigstick625
Freshman Team

Post by bigstick625 »

ChainMan wrote:First off, Mother Nature (as am I) is a Ridgewood poster and not a Falcon hater.
Here is a little info on the Ridgewood Football program
Ridgewood is a very well coached team. Every coach in the system from 7th grade up is a former Ridgewood player and these guys bleed orange and black. There are 12 of them on the Varsity /JV Staff. I think Ridgewood only pays for like three coaches so most do it for the love of the program. Over half of them played in collage. They graduated there entire offensive and defensive line and a very good back / LB from 2008 and still reloaded to complete only there third undefeated season in school history.
This is Ridgewood’s 7th straight trip to the playoffs with a current record of 1-6.
Since 2003 they have won 6 Inter Valley Conference championships and only lost 2 league games in that span. The IVC has three teams in the playoffs this year and over-all was much improved for the most part. Does it match up to the SOC II? Hell no.
Now to some of the comments. Ridgewood is not a one-pony team as I am sure your coaching staff is well aware of this. Conrad #5 is a very good back but Wiggins #3 and Landis #13 are just as dangerous. They will throw enough to keep teams off balance and have been very efficient at it. Davis # 12 was just a sophomore last year and has matured into a solid QB. Conrad did suffer an ankle injury in week five and saw-limited action for a few weeks but will be 100% this week. This is by FAR the fastest and most athlete team we have ever put on the field. Not as big up front as in the past but very athletic. From the very first scrimmage I could not believe this was a Ridgewood team I was watching. The films Minford requested were two mud games and the last game of the year. It will be hard to judge what Mother Nature was saying watching those films.
As far as the defense goes, I believe we can play the run very well thank you. And I know we can defend the pass pretty well. Yes we played three running teams and seven spread teams. When the IVC gave up trying to run against us they decided to switch to the spread in the last couple of years. Ridgewood responded to this trend and gave up there beloved 5 man front and switched to the 4-4 to better defend the spread. Would not be surprised to see the five back this week for Minford.
I think anyone picking a blow out for either team is silly. This should be a very close game between two solid teams. Seems on paper to be very similar teams.

Nice Post. Good Luck from the Minford Falcons.....Just not to much luck :mrgreen:

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

ChainMan wrote:First off, Mother Nature (as am I) is a Ridgewood poster and not a Falcon hater. I think anyone picking a blow out for either team is silly. This should be a very close game between two solid teams. Seems on paper to be very similar teams.

I agree and I can assure you no one that knows anything thinks that stopping # 5 will stop Ridgewood. Minford will have to play disciplined and explosive defense and offense, which I expect they will. The coaches will have the Falcons focused and ready for another big game. GO MINFORD!

89Falcon
Waterboy

Post by 89Falcon »

I believe our run defense has player pretty well the last 3 weeks west was suppose to have the best back in the area along with a very good second back and they didnt do anything nw didnt do anything and valley have 2 or 3 good runs from there qb but they hurt us through the air not the run ... i think we will load up the box this week and dare them to pass on us ... but i have not seem film on them but im sure coach matiz knows what hes doing have full faith in the ninja :122246 :lol: ... one thing is for sure should be a nice smash mouth football game and i like our odds

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

Good luck Minford!

The OC
Waterboy

Post by The OC »

Who was the best Falcon? Tom Martin in '86 or Matt Martin in '87?

Bushy Tail Butcher
Freshman Team

Post by Bushy Tail Butcher »

The OC wrote:Who was the best Falcon? Tom Martin in '86 or Matt Martin in '87?

I know both very well, and there is no way you could pick between the two. They both put everything into the game. They worked hard in the off season, and made themselves better every year. Class "A" Falcon Football players. Two of Minfords finest, to ever play. The only people that has a right to compare these two is, Tom and Matt, and maybe their Mom and Dad. Anybody else, is just guessing.

Now for this years Falcons, it's almost here, what we have been looking for. A Home Field Playoff Game!! And I can't wait, it's hard to even get to sleep at night. This program is really looking good, and I am so proud. The Coaches have so much to do with this, and should be very proud of themselves. And all of Minford should show their support, come dressed in white, and make some noise.

Proud to be a Falcon!!! The SOC II Champs!!!

ChainMan
Waterboy

Post by ChainMan »

A player I neglected to mention in my post earlier who is probably Ridgewoods second leading scorer that you may like to watch(or not based on your perspective). #2 Skyler McQuistion our kicker. He has put about half of his kick-offs into the end zone
and has kicked several field goals for us this year. Longest around 40 yards with plenty to spare. This game could come down to a Skyler McQuistion field goal.
Also I would be remiss in not mentioning our High School Band. They are a show band but are very good.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

I believe Minford also has a kicker, Mr. Jacob Hackworth. He's money from the 30, so that's a 47-yarder.

Birdbrain
Waterboy

Post by Birdbrain »

OK....I hate to make this prediction...but Ridgewood will probably have a better..........band. Minford band is much better than in the previous years
if they keep working hard and hitting the notes...Who knows next year they may be the dark horse in the playoff picture.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Birdbrain wrote:OK....I hate to make this prediction...but Ridgewood will probably have a better..........band. Minford band is much better than in the previous years
if they keep working hard and hitting the notes...Who knows next year they may be the dark horse in the playoff picture.

Now thats funny!

mother_nature
Waterboy

Post by mother_nature »

I cant take it anymore, I got on here to learn something possibly about Minford...I have done just that, you people have been appalled that a Ridgewood supporter has come into your beloved world of southeasternohiopreps.com and attempted to be civil, yet you accuse this individual of "stirring the pot." Another Ridgewood supporter comes on and gives an accurate depiction of the Woods team and everyone on here feels the need to defend Minford from the "outside world"

Guess what I have seen Minford play, on a few occassions, and your team better be ready. Just because the Wood lost to West last year and the Burg the previous year doesnt mean your Falcons will win this game, for both were better teams than this years Minford team. This years Wood team is better than the 07 and 08 team from the Wood as well.
I promise you you will respect the Wood after Friday nights game win or lose.
Now there is a post for you to feel threatened by, have a great day.

bigstick625
Freshman Team

Post by bigstick625 »

mother_nature wrote:I cant take it anymore, I got on here to learn something possibly about Minford...I have done just that, you people have been appalled that a Ridgewood supporter has come into your beloved world of southeasternohiopreps.com and attempted to be civil, yet you accuse this individual of "stirring the pot." Another Ridgewood supporter comes on and gives an accurate depiction of the Woods team and everyone on here feels the need to defend Minford from the "outside world"

Guess what I have seen Minford play, on a few occassions, and your team better be ready. Just because the Wood lost to West last year and the Burg the previous year doesnt mean your Falcons will win this game, for both were better teams than this years Minford team. This years Wood team is better than the 07 and 08 team from the Wood as well.

Now there is one HOT :evil: MOMMMA

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

mother_nature wrote:I cant take it anymore, I got on here to learn something possibly about Minford...I have done just that, you people have been appalled that a Ridgewood supporter has come into your beloved world of southeasternohiopreps.com and attempted to be civil, yet you accuse this individual of "stirring the pot." Another Ridgewood supporter comes on and gives an accurate depiction of the Woods team and everyone on here feels the need to defend Minford from the "outside world"

Can someone say BI-Polar?

Geez lady, dont blow up the earth cause one person didnt like your post!

Bushy Tail Butcher
Freshman Team

Post by Bushy Tail Butcher »

I don't know who pulled your chain!! But if you would have been on here all year you would know that we Minfordites love to brag on our team!!! We've only been around for about 50 yrs., and when we get a chance to talk about our team doing good, we do alot of talking.

But your right, I don't know anything about your team, but I do know a little about ours. And I know that it we would have played a bunch of D-VI schools, we would have put up some big numbers. We play some real tuff teams, and you can tell by looking at who all made the playoffs!!!!

Proud to be a Falcon!!! The SOC II Champs!!!

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

I don't think its anything against you, seops and Scioto county more specifically is a hostile place, we take our football to heart, and when someone even mentions a possible loss by the team a person supports some people seem to go crazy, its just the way it is, read some of these other threads, this one is tame compared to the Oak Hill-Coal Grove right now...now I don't think anyone really hates each other on here (I can only speak for myself), but Scioto county hasn't had a team go out of their region since 2002 (West), and we are all pulling for a team to make it to state...

Return to “Football”