Best and Worst Stadiums in Southeastern Ohio

redskinwitness
Varsity

Re: Best and Worst Stadiums in Southeastern Ohio

Post by redskinwitness »

Not as SE as most on this list but there is no dump in Ohio worse than the noble county fairgrounds where the Caldwell football team plays. Ask Waverly and East who traveled there last year.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

knightruner wrote:
BurgGrad6 wrote:Best
Portsmouth- nice visitor and home seats
Valley- no fence, awesome.
Logan- probably the most comfortable seating

Worst
Fairland- smells like a meth lab.
East- ran down, bad.
Ironton worst parking, terrible seating, bad sound, no room to stand.
If Ironton is on the worst list the Burg would have to be right beside it for the same reasons plus a hill you have to climb to get to the field. at least Ironton has enough seats for most of it games.
My list for the best in SEO Jackson, Logan, Portsmouth, Valley, Ironton and Rock Hill. Some of the best in the state over all for small schools are in SEO. You have some really nice place's down there.
There is a huge parking lot at burg. You don't have to walk up a hill to get to the stadium... I didn't say burgs is great. But, it's 10 times better than tanks..... Go b**** somewhere else haha

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Some Ironton grads think of Tank much like they did the old High School. They went there and they are proud of it. Even though it has age and some things have been neglected and needs updated. The not putting money in the high school for upkeep and the changes mainly in technology led to the replacement. History and the roof on the home side Ironton stadium is up there. Roof does no good if you are on the other side. I would put Ironton at the end of the best stadiums when everything is factored in ratings.

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

1 Jackson
2 Valley
3 Portsmouth
Worst
Fairland
East
Northwest

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

BurgGrad6 wrote:
knightruner wrote:
BurgGrad6 wrote:Best
Portsmouth- nice visitor and home seats
Valley- no fence, awesome.
Logan- probably the most comfortable seating

Worst
Fairland- smells like a meth lab.
East- ran down, bad.
Ironton worst parking, terrible seating, bad sound, no room to stand.
If Ironton is on the worst list the Burg would have to be right beside it for the same reasons plus a hill you have to climb to get to the field. at least Ironton has enough seats for most of it games.
My list for the best in SEO Jackson, Logan, Portsmouth, Valley, Ironton and Rock Hill. Some of the best in the state over all for small schools are in SEO. You have some really nice place's down there.
There is a huge parking lot at burg. You don't have to walk up a hill to get to the stadium... I didn't say burgs is great. But, it's 10 times better than tanks..... Go b**** somewhere else haha
10 times better than the tank you say, in what ways. ------------------------ I'd be really curious to hear this. I gotta make sure I peed already fore I read it though.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

granted ironton's program prowess has fallen off quite a bit. but cape's coach. whose name escapes me right now, that's been a long time ago. he told me it was the most intimidating place that the crusaders ever played at. and he loved the old feel and roof as well.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I like Ed Miller Stadium much better than the Tank.
It's just a better overall experience to me.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:
BurgGrad6 wrote:
knightruner wrote:
10 times better than the tank you say, in what ways. ------------------------ I'd be really curious to hear this. I gotta make sure I peed already fore I read it though.
1. Cleanliness.
2. Better seating for all..
3. Parking, and it's free.
4. Sound.
5. Concessions.
6. More standing room.
7. The pavement around the field isn't uneven and busted up.
8. Restrooms are bigger.
9. The cannon.
10. 3 entry Gates.
Over all a more pleasant experience at the Ed. Even sitting on the home side at tanks sucks because the supports for the cover block view.. Face it bait, it needs an overhaul. I like the tradition at tanks, but it needs redone.

AllAboutTheU
Freshman Team

Post by AllAboutTheU »

Burg has one of the best atmospheres. Always loved playing at Ed Miller Stadium and I know we are talking about stadiums but Wheelersburg old high school basketball gym was a great atmosphere also to play in, small but a great place to play.

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

the seating at the Burg unless ur on the home side sucks. You have a lot more standing room at the Tank at either ednzone. They also have nice new restrooms. I think they did a nice job with some upgrades they have made is it perfect no you can always find something at any field. You only pay to park if you want to. I do like the atmosphere at most other schools than Ironton. Pre game at Ironton is the worst I have ever seen, no music or anything to get you ready for the game. Are you ready for Friday Night Football saying by u know who has got to go.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

EasternDspy wrote:The best is Zanesville high school check it out.
Zanesville is a really nice facility. I am hearing rumors that Burg may be upgrading the visitor side and even adding a press box and additional soccer locker rooms at the top of the visitor side.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

BurgGrad6 wrote:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:
BurgGrad6 wrote: There is a huge parking lot at burg. You don't have to walk up a hill to get to the stadium... I didn't say burgs is great. But, it's 10 times better than tanks..... Go b**** somewhere else haha
1. Cleanliness.
2. Better seating for all..
3. Parking, and it's free.
4. Sound.
5. Concessions.
6. More standing room.
7. The pavement around the field isn't uneven and busted up.
8. Restrooms are bigger.
9. The cannon.
10. 3 entry Gates.
Over all a more pleasant experience at the Ed. Even sitting on the home side at tanks sucks because the supports for the cover block view.. Face it bait, it needs an overhaul. I like the tradition at tanks, but it needs redone.
I agree grad some things need done.i'll grant ya that.

Whodey
Freshman Team

Post by Whodey »

I feel like almost every SOC II school has an excellent stadium for high school football. Valley started it all with the turf and no fence. Burg and Waverly are both awesome places. Minford has the grass field and stands nearly on the field. Only outlier is West, feel like you need binoculars for a game out there.

Resurgent_Thinker
Riding the Bench

Post by Resurgent_Thinker »

Little fun with TVC Hocking as they are all grass, no turf.
In order

Southern
Fed
Belpre
South Gallia
Eastern
Wahama
Waterford
Trimble/Miller

Trojan 90 6&4
Riding the Bench

Post by Trojan 90 6&4 »

:roll:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:WHAT A GRAND PLACE THATSPARTAN STADIUM WAS AS WELL TROJAN, SEEN SOME OF MY FAVORITE GAMES THERE N THE TANK. BUT IT JUST GOT DANGEROUS AND WORN OUT.
They still play football at Spartan

king kong
Freshman Team

Post by king kong »

I have been to nearly all the stadiums listed here, so I will put the SVC in the order I believe they fall since no stadium in the league is near comparison with some already mentioned.
My criteria is weighted, the first being playing surface. Its about the kids, not the fans enjoyment. Second, locker rooms, (proximity and condition). Third Press box and lighting, fourth parking. fifth bleachers, sixth, concession stands and bathrooms, seventh any other item not mentioned!

1. Unioto, with the addition of the tunnel which opens up parking and improvements to their locker rooms, the Shermans have the nicest facilities in the league. Big home side with excellent press box, the only complaints are, parking is still not enough for what it can hold and bathrooms are minimal.
2. Southeastern, good home seating and good press box, newer locker rooms right next to the field, and usually the best grass in the league, but I watched a game earlier and the middle of the field was brown. I dont know what happened there, but usually a great playing surface. Also, with a track, you are quite a ways from the field, and no bathrooms and concessions on visitors side.
3. Paint Valley, like SE their playing surface is very good, the only reason they are behind SE are the locker rooms are older and not in very good condition. Like SE, no bathrooms or concessions on the visitors side.
4. Huntington, good playing surface, locker rooms are close, but their condition is sub par to the top 2. Bleachers are decent and good press box. Like SE and PV, no bathrooms or concessions on visitors and the lighting is sub par.
5. Westfall, dropped down the list due to the fact that with playing soccer the field is in poor shape. Also, the locker rooms are in a different zip code from the field. Bleachers and press box are solid, and like the above teams, no bathrooms or concessions on visitors side. All others have porta potties, but being a little on the larger size, I dont do porta potties well at all!
6. Piketon, did upgrade visitors bleachers, so a plus there. Visitors locker rooms are old lockers room in their old school gym, but it is close to the field. Surface is ok, however the press box is small and in need of upgrades. I believe though they are the only league school with a concession stand on the visitors side.
7. Adena, like Piketon, upgraded their visitors bleachers, but their home bleachers and press box are well down the list. Parking is not great, their field is good, but the locker rooms desperately need fixed.
8. Zane Trace, while not below the ones above them in terms of some things, their playing surface is embarrassing! That alone is enough to put them here. Parking is limited, but their press box is pretty good and locker rooms are decent and close to the field. However, that field drops them to last.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Trojan 90 6&4 wrote::roll:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:WHAT A GRAND PLACE THATSPARTAN STADIUM WAS AS WELL TROJAN, SEEN SOME OF MY FAVORITE GAMES THERE N THE TANK. BUT IT JUST GOT DANGEROUS AND WORN OUT.
They still play football at Spartan

WELL EXCUSE MWAHHHHHHHHHH------------------------- THE OLD ONE.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Took my first trip to Coal Grove over the weekend...going to add it to my list of the worst. Nice turf field, but with the track and fence made it feel so far away, the visiting bleechars had no steps, was terrible especially for the older people. Parking was bad, and their cannon was 10 x worse than Burgs smh.

Who Dey!
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Tracks around a field only put you around 8 yards further away from the field. Tall stands will equal out the track for viewing.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

I think Southern's, with the new bleachers, is a nice facility to see a game.

Return to “Football”