Week 2: Logan (0-1) @ Pickerington North (0-1)

Who wins??

Total votes: 0

caglewis
SEOP

Re: Week 2: Logan (0-1) @ Pickerington North (0-1)

Post by caglewis »

GalliaGrad78 wrote:That is why "open enrollment" must end.
NOPE - It's GREAT that parents are now able to pick and choose from multiple PUBLIC school options for their kids as well as PRIVATE [tuition charging] schools. Why must where I live lock in [or exclude] my child's access to other nearby public schools' superior academic, athletic, music, arts, etc offerings? Why must I pay/afford "private school" tuition in order to provide my child with decent educational choices? If a nearby public school has a superior band/music or advanced placement academic program that would benefit my child why shouldn't I have the choice to send them there?
This arguement always ends up about ATHLETICS, where it is a big deal called "recruiting", but not about academics or artistic talents which apparently don't count nearly as "worthy" as athletic talents or goals do for schools/students. I'll lay you long odds that Coaches are paid more than English/Science/Math teachers are in both the public and private school systems. GO PICK NORTH

LoganAlumni99
Waterboy

Post by LoganAlumni99 »

Final

Logan 03
North 24

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Tough year in Cheiftan land!! Keep your heads up.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

rough start for the chiefs , keep your heads up.

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

LOL

NOONE in Logan expected a 10-0 season, but maybe the players. This team will be fine. They will win the next 8 games and if they get lucky will get into the playoffs. A rebuilding year for Logan projected to go 8-2 8)

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Can't believe I actually fooled myself into thinking Logan would keep this close and I got to be brutally honest if North hadn;t shot themselves in the foot with all them penalties this would have been much worse on the scoreboard,its a miracle but I don't remember Logan having more than 2 or 3 penalties tonight and still couldn't do anything with it,,I knew when Logan didn't score a touchdown on that int early in the game it was going to be a long night,I actually thought the defense outplayed the offense tonight and had a nice 4th down stop but that was about the only highlite of the night for Logan other than a few Jurgensmire runs,,,,I credit North they were as big and fast as advertised and its going to take a real good offense to put many points up on them,can't believe North didn't go to that big reciever more often,Logan had nobody who could handle him.Next week gets a little easier and maybe poor Logan can get that first win for Wolfe and then the week after Logan will be rolling again just like old times......

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

lol, eh.

did you ever consider i might be serious. and rootin for ya'll.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

LoganLocos wrote:C-Bolt -

No, North opened in 2003 and it was several years later that they lost some really KEY players.

It was the 2006, 2007, and 2008 teams at Central that really benefited from transfers. Zach Boren (now starting at Ohio State) transferred (DURING HIS SEASON) after his freshman year at North. Remember, his older brother played 3 years at North, so it wasn't a case of him wanting to return.

Also, both the Stoudt brothers (sons of Cliff Stoudt, former Steelers QB) transferred from North to Dublin Coffman. The older brother is at Lousiville now I think while the younger one is one of the top QBs in Central Ohio and still at Coffman.

I saw the older brother play as a freshman FOR Pick North when they were playing at Logan.
I must be thinking of all the seniors that stayed at Central first year after the split even though some were living in Norths district,there were quite a few of them I think...

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

caglewis wrote:
NOPE - It's GREAT that parents are now able to pick and choose from multiple PUBLIC school options for their kids as well as PRIVATE [tuition charging] schools. Why must where I live lock in [or exclude] my child's access to other nearby public schools' superior academic, athletic, music, arts, etc offerings? Why must I pay/afford "private school" tuition in order to provide my child with decent educational choices? If a nearby public school has a superior band/music or advanced placement academic program that would benefit my child why shouldn't I have the choice to send them there?
This arguement always ends up about ATHLETICS, where it is a big deal called "recruiting", but not about academics or artistic talents which apparently don't count nearly as "worthy" as athletic talents or goals do for schools/students. I'll lay you long odds that Coaches are paid more than English/Science/Math teachers are in both the public and private school systems. GO PICK NORTH
Great post.

Till the end.

What a sore loser. Enjoy rooting for a decaying program that is no longer relevent outside of the tri-state area.

It's funny, in Franklin County I sat in a press box where a D1 playoff qualifier considered Logan one of the biggest wins in school history, a game they pointed to all summer, and where they laughed at Ironton.

Two Division One playoff schools spent their summer preparing to beat Logan. Meanwhile, Ironton scrambled to find opponents.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

C-Bolt wrote:
I must be thinking of all the seniors that stayed at Central first year after the split even though some were living in Norths district,there were quite a few of them I think...
That's correct. North had ZERO seniors their first year as a school.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Logan was in over their heads tonight from a personnel stand point. North's defensive line and secondary were outstanding, their ends were a handful and their interior linemen held their ground.

Logan had a hard time handling North's speed and athleticism on the defensive side of the football.

As for Logan's defense, I saw some improvement, even within the game. No doubt North's mistakes kept Logan in the game, but the defense made improvements as the game went on. I saw better pursuit angles from linebackers and the DLine finally started getting some penetration.

Great game by Coy Blair and Jurgensmier on the defensive side. Dement, Wesselhoeft, and Cavinee, and Jordan Sharb had some nice moments as well.

Logan will have a much better chance from a personnel stand point next week, and if they continue to improve and focus for next week, I think it is absolutely a winnable game.

Will be interesting to see how these kids respond.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

caglewis wrote:
Why all this hatred for Logan? Didn't you hear the news we don't play no more,,get over it, we won the new world you won the old,,heck I even still root for mighty Ironton and would love to watch them make another run in the playoffs and I don't go on there threads rootiing for other teams......

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

If we are honest with ourselves, I think Logan faithful thought an 0-2 start was a distinct possibility. Keep playing the tough teams and it will pay off eventually. I would hope the team would re-focus on what they can be for the rest of the season. I wouldn't even think about playoffs right now. One snap at a time should be their mantra. The league title is still out there.

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

At least your golf team won this week..maybe it's time Logan fans start going to the golf course on friday nights...putt putt is an option too...lol...just rasing ya all..we got it for the last four years...

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

That's o.k., Logan will get into conference play with their DIV, and DIII league foes and have some success being two and three times larger, and win a few football games.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Pol Pot wrote:That's o.k., Logan will get into conference play with their DIV, and DIII league foes and have some success being two and three times larger, and win a few football games.
Great! Got it. Thanks for that insight. Now get back to your video games.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

No surprise here. I predicted they would lose the first two games in pre-season. Once again, no one , repeat , NO ONE in SEO would have beaten the two teams that beat Logan. So, SEO, prepare for coming losses to the Chiefs. They still have an SEOAL title to win and playoffs to make. Some goals are still there.

They'll start with a win over D-I Reynoldsburg this week-end. 8)

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

You got that right Paladin! Nobody around here would touch those two! Reynoldsburg looks to be the toughest remaining on their schedule and I think its winnable for Logan,Portsmouth don't look near as daunting now,but Logan has to beat Reynoldsburg to have any shot at the playoffs so its a must win..

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Reynoldsburg put up 60 last night on a poor poor poor Toledo Scott team, but they will have confidence.

Logan is right where I thought they would be coming into the season, and this week will be a turning point. Big game. Playoffs and an SEOAL championship are still attainable.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

id say with two losses, strength of schedule, Logan will not advance to post season...

Return to “Football”