Warren (3-0) @ Portsmouth (1-2) (SEOAL)

BigTime
JV Team

Re: Warren (3-0) @ Portsmouth (1-2) (SEOAL)

Post by BigTime »

The Trojans have beaten 2 D2 schools that are both 3-1 after the Wilmington win tonight. Big points for the Trojans. Way to go TROJANS!

Portsmouth98
All State

Post by Portsmouth98 »

This was a huge win for the Trojans, had to be hard for Warren though, this was an entirely different group personnel and play wise than what they likely prepared for.

trojanofthepast
Freshman Team

Post by trojanofthepast »

This was a big win for the trojans tonight and big points for our playoff chances. Playing without Josh Myers and still performing so well will be big for this team down the road. As for Warren, it looked as though they were shell shocked at the early score by the trojans. The trojans were up 14-0 in the first 1:29 of the game. The young QB for Warren struggled as all young ones will do and he will be a fine QB by the time this season ends. Portsmouth's speed has always killed Warren and that's what did it again. I think Warren prepared for Myers at QB and Adams a shorter DB at corner to take advantage of tonight. Jordan played very good tonight in Myers absence and Simpson played the corner man to man on Fivecoat instead of a shorter Adams. Simpson played well at CB to take Fivecoat man to man and shut him down along with Evans shuting Venham down. These 2 took it as a personal challenge to prove they could shut them down and dominate Warren on the Offensive side. These 2 wanted to proved they are the best wideouts in the league tonight and that's what they did, and the trojans needed that. Andrew Gulley showed just how good he can be when given the ball. He had 139 yrds on 19 carries great job. Trojans need to stay focused on next week and next week only. Keep winning and your schedule will get all the points you will need. Great job tonight Mighty Trojans
Last edited by trojanofthepast on Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

FOURTYTWOISO
Waterboy

Post by FOURTYTWOISO »

the trojans finally put together a complete game. gulley looked really good a rb and gained over a hundred yards. evans made some great plays and the defense scored twice. i was glad to see we finally found simpson on the field. we don't use this kid enough am i the only one that notices this kid is pretty good. jordan play outstanding tonight for the trojans, the kid looked like he's been there all along. he didn't look a bit nervous to me in his first start in a varsity game. if the d plays like that all year we have a chance at something good. good luck to the warren warriors this season and i hope everyone had a safe trip down and back. listen to the above posters trojans and focus one game at a time. beat chilly next week good luck trojans

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

awesome.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Congrats Portsmouth on a nice win, sure thought the score would be closer.

Why didn't Myers play tonight????

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Huge win for Portsmouth! Need to play every game like this and we might see them in week 11!

FOURTYTWOISO
Waterboy

Post by FOURTYTWOISO »

lower leg issues, should be back next week

FOURTYTWOISO
Waterboy

Post by FOURTYTWOISO »

biggdowgg wrote:way to bounce back portsmouth , now stay focused.

good luck to Warren, ,,talked to a few of the fans and players as they was leaving, very polite people.
Warren folks were very polite and loyal to their team I talked to several and were some of the nicest fans I've meet. Again good luck the rest of the year.

whsbeernuts04
Freshman Team

Post by whsbeernuts04 »

This isn't a huge loss for Warren as Portsmouth has had only one win until playing us, but we just need to learn from the miscues in this game and take the learning experience into the next one. When the teams we beat start winning that only helps us, so the teams that already have wins, we need to buckle down and play well against them. Right now we're behind in the SEOAL standings but we still have a chance. No need to go into emergency mode right now! Good job Portsmouth in manhandling us and I'm sure you guys will have a fine season..... now it's on to the next team......(who do we play next haha)?

trojanofthepast
Freshman Team

Post by trojanofthepast »

The win last night moved the Trojans into 5th in the region. whsbeernuts04; I wish the warriors best of luck the rest of the way, Warren play a good Jackson team next week and the Trojans travel to Chilly.

whsbeernuts04
Freshman Team

Post by whsbeernuts04 »

This loss hurt us pretty bad...... went from tied for 12th in our region clear down to 20th. All the teams we have beat this year are a combined 0-11 (could be 0-12 if Athens loses tonight).

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

GREAT WIN BY THE TROJANS!!........Our kids put the whole package together last night.......and how about Mason Jordan!!.......He was SENSATIONAL in his QB debut.......he threw the deep ball with a tight spiral and accurately!!.......very proud of Mason.......Andrew Gulley RAN HARD........nice complement to the passing game........Wayne Evans, Kyle Simpson, and Colin Staker gave the Trojans a triple threat receiving.......all made big plays.

The defense had a good game also.......and Tre Underwood had a pick 6 which was a nice play........this game got the Trojans back in the playoff hunt........BUT........we have to play at this level for the rest of the year........if we can do that........we will see the postseason and seriously challenge for the SEOAL title.

To the Warren kids, keep your heads up, and good things will happen.

GO TROJANS!!!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I challenge all of SEO to head on over to chilli tonight and cheer on the Athens Bulldogs! AHS needs our support!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

is this game at Chilli?

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

Several people have commented if Myers gets hurt Portsmouth would be in trouble, but I said last week that Mason Jordan was a very adequate quarterback, he just needed a chance to prove himself. He got his chance last night and put several 30 to 40 yard passes right on the money. He can't scramble like Meyers but I would definitley bring him in on passing downs.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

biggdowgg wrote:is this game at Chilli?
Yes it is. :122245

Return to “Football”