Is Portsmouth West the real deal?

Can hey

Total votes: 0

Westfan
SEOP

Re: Is Portsmouth West the real deal?

Post by Westfan »

West is very good. They have a good QB, excellent lines on both sides, excellent backs, and a good defense against the run. This is the recipe for success in Ohio. Talk pass all you want, but if you stop the run and run the ball effectively you will be good in Ohio.

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

West will be out 2nd round of playoffs. Your line isnt as tough as you think and neither is your defense. You will see a real line week 10.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Like I said on the other thread, Minford played a packed in 5-4 with the safeties up and West gashed them. We ran inside all night. Now if my 7 can blow your 9 off the ball, that's good line play. And by the way, we only start 1 senior up front.

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

Good job we only start 2 with a freshman. You ran outside all night long not inside the GOAT rb in your eyes finally got hit and didnt like it, Burg will beat you by 2tds.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Incognito wrote:Good job we only start 2 with a freshman. You ran outside all night long not inside the GOAT rb in your eyes finally got hit and didnt like it, Burg will beat you by 2tds.
Burg may. May not. I say not but we'll see. Either way, that's a heck of alot better than Minford could do isn't it? Bad call cost you that one?

Ask you big #50 if Pendelton is tough. He tried to tackle him in the first half and it looked like he got ranover by a truck. He's played big for years. First time I've ever seen him hurt. You ever get hurt. Maybe slip running out with the water or fall out of your chair playing playstation?

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

Incognito wrote:Good job we only start 2 with a freshman. You ran outside all night long not inside the GOAT rb in your eyes finally got hit and didnt like it, Burg will beat you by 2tds.
People talk about Pendleton like he ran for negative yardage or something? he had 16 carries for 108 in one half, I think that is a pretty impressive performance, and I refuse to comment on Wheelersburg right now because we didn't play great the entire game, but we played great when we needed to if we play like that with all of those penalties it will be hard to beat burg, but common opponents mean very little

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

No they are not. West will lose to both Valley and Wheelersburg by two or more scores, and be lucky to get into the playoffs.

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

No, That`s my job !!

bad breath
Riding the Bench

Post by bad breath »

Right now they are the real deal. However, let's play a few more games and see.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

siderman wrote:
Vladimir wrote:No they are not. West will lose to both Valley and Wheelersburg by two or more scores, and be lucky to get into the playoffs.
Hell we might as well not show up. Know it all Vladimir says West isn't any good.

We've got Hall of fame coach (chain gang) Bleeding Red and Vladimir. What do you do? Concessions/Water?
No sorry, I'm not on the chain gang, just an avid fan that's been around High School football for over 25-years.

West just maybe the real deal and could go 10-0 and win the SOCII, that's why they play the game and I know in HS football anything can happen. Just saying after watching W'burg play and West play the Pirates have a better O and D line, and a better backfield. I do think Ratliff is a better QB though. He really hung in the pocket, took some tough shots and completed the passes when he had to. West maybe a little deeper in their stable of backs as the Bricker kid stepped up and didn't miss a beat and he's what won the game for you last night.

With Valley, I've only watched them play PHS in the jamboree game and I know that means nothing. West better get their secondary in order or Valley will throw for over 300 yards. Valley does have size on the line, so they won't be an easy team just to pound the ball between the tackles 90% of the time. Either way those will be two good games for fans to watch.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Redman wrote:No, That`s my job !!
Sorry. Don't want to be scabbing on another's job.

So is the announcer on here? He's got the attitude and mouth to go with it.

FOURTYTWOISO
Waterboy

Post by FOURTYTWOISO »

One and done

Bear42
Freshman Team

Post by Bear42 »

Predictions:
West and Valley will come down to the wire. The scoreboard won't work (like it did in the Portsmouth game). West will mysteriously have some extra time to kick a game winning field goal.

I like Burg beating West by at least 10. Burg handled the Falcons well and West squeezed by.
West will finish 9-1; sneak into the playoffs. The poor schedule will hurt them in the playoffs. Possibly a first round exit.

28Buck
Freshman Team

Post by 28Buck »

siderman wrote:
Redman wrote:No, That`s my job !!
Sorry. Don't want to be scabbing on another's job.

So is the announcer on here? He's got the attitude and mouth to go with it.
I dont think he is bad at all, he is still giving me carries even though I havent played in 3 years. Course he could be getting drunk during the duration of the game like some announcers i know. ;-)

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

chicken_coop wrote:
demaniac1 wrote:Valley better strap it on and bring it on cause Burg is coming! After your blowout of Waverly, the kids will be accustomed so much to that pud sked, they cant keep up with the Burg! WHAT, You play the spread? Wellll, may be another story!!

What? How did Valley get pulled into this? It's funny, because when Valley was in the SOC1, they played a trash schedule, easy wins, blah blah blah....so now we're in the SOC2 we have a good team, basically won the OVC in our first 5 games, with an UTTER domination of 6-1 Coal Grove...Peake has been traditionally good...all Valley can do is put all this talk to rest the next 3 weeks.

Personally I feel like this is the best team since 05 when Valley went 11-2 and lost the Regional Final to Centerburg 26-21. Valley may be a little more athletic and have a little more speed than the 05 team...guess we'll see in a week.
Coop, it was a joke! LOL, I fear a spread! Coach Lewis made me believe in that and I think it works for Valley this year BUT, I think Valleys Sked is still PUD! LOL

bad breath
Riding the Bench

Post by bad breath »

If a reverse shot gun is used on quick slants with linebackers deep West wins.

Orange_N_Black_Fan
Riding the Bench

Post by Orange_N_Black_Fan »

siderman wrote:If Wheelersburg stays the 1 man show that they are now without being able to throw the ball downfield effectively, West will dominate them. A one dimensional attack against these linebackers is not a recipe for success. They will shut Shankwieler down.

Burg has not been a one man show, and they throw the ball very effective
when they need to!!
Burg QB Alex Shears has a very strong arm and can run, if you key on Shank
and don't contain Shears your going to get burnt by ground or by air mail..
And if that's not enough, we have a big target in Stegman and a nice backfield as well
take your pick!
Luster,Graf,Hood,Workman,Parsley,O'Brien along with the other two I already mentioned
Shears and Shank now that's one H*** of a recipe for success.

Oh, I almost forgot the Ingredients The O-Line now it's done.

As for the DEFENSE, there just lurking flying low under the radar for the next victim.

Every week somebody steps up big on both sides of the ball.

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

burg has gotten better as the year has gone on they handle west and valley will come close...... they get hosed at the rock....

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

siderman wrote:People just love to trash West. If something happens off the field, the world knows. If we score alot of points, were bad boys.

Other programs don't have that problem. Case in point, Portsmouth said that Wheelersburg middle school trashed the visitors locker room after they beat Portsmouth last Week. Did this get out or was it hush hush. If West did that CNN would be here. It's the difference.
Get your facts straight, the locker room was trashed by other people outside of the football team. No one knows who or whom i t was. I promise that if the team had done that they would have stayed, cleaned it up and ran about 100 grass drills. West has had problems in the past but I think they have became a better fan base.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Siderman, keep to football analysis, ur an expert on that! LOL.

Return to “Football”