D5 R19 - #3 Wheelersburg vs. #2 Fredericktown at Nelsonville

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: D5 R19 - #3 Wheelersburg vs. #2 Fredericktown at Nelsonv

Post by Orange and Brown »

4th n Goal wrote:I am pretty sure every second round playoff site I have ever been to charged for parking. Some that come to mind are Circleville, Lancaster, Jackson and Nelsonville. I would guess that is standard across the board and it is usually $2. The worst part is that it took us over an hour to get back off of Rt 78 from the game last year, so don't get in a hurry to get out of there because it won't help.
If you take a left out of the parking lot then another left at the stop sign it takes 10 minutes!

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:
4th n Goal wrote:I am pretty sure every second round playoff site I have ever been to charged for parking. Some that come to mind are Circleville, Lancaster, Jackson and Nelsonville. I would guess that is standard across the board and it is usually $2. The worst part is that it took us over an hour to get back off of Rt 78 from the game last year, so don't get in a hurry to get out of there because it won't help.

I never understand why people rush to there car to get out of a place. A lot of people have missed the Burg players singing the school song after a victory and that is a shame. It is really neat to see.

I'm usually one of the last ones out of the stadium and I almost always walk to my car, get in and get out of dodge. No waiting for the crowd to leave.

The $2 to park beats paying $10-$20 like you'll pay at a Bucks game and with that you'll park 5 miles away.
I hate it when people leave early. Even when a loss is the result. 0.00 is when you leave.

90buckeye
Varsity

Post by 90buckeye »

Steely Dan wrote:
90buckeye wrote:Gates will open at 5:00 PM and parking will not be available until 4:00 PM. Parking is $2.00. Pre-sale tickets are being distributed Tuesday morning and are $7.00. Tickets purchased at the gate are $9.00.
Did OHSAA change the rules this year about charging for parking? NY did not charge for parking at all during the regular season, or is this permissable since it is a second round game?

Just curious, as I have read repeatedly, that unless a team charges to park during the regular season, that they are not allowed to charge during the post season.

If so, I'm having a little trouble driving 45 miles (one way) to watch a HS football game that I have no ties to, and then paying $11 to get in the gate. If that's the case, I'll just listen on the radio. Between gas, parking, and the ticket, that's $20 bucks for me. Not sure that it is worth it.

Steely - The rules about parking you read are for games/events under the district athletic board's control (all sectional and district games). The football playoffs are under the control of the state board and have different rules, one of which allows (and encourages) a host site to charge for parking.

As for the exit out of the facility, we corrected this matter last year. The Fredericktown/Wheelersburg game last year was the first round 2 we ever hosted and definitely was not prepared for that large of a crowd. ODOT will not allow the city to turn off or regulate otherwise the stop lights at the intersection of route 33 and route 78, so we have police officers who wll be there to direct traffic. The outflow for the other round 2 and round 3 games we hosted last year was much improved.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

90buckeye wrote:As for the exit out of the facility, we corrected this matter last year. The Fredericktown/Wheelersburg game last year was the first round 2 we ever hosted and definitely was not prepared for that large of a crowd. ODOT will not allow the city to turn off or regulate otherwise the stop lights at the intersection of route 33 and route 78, so we have police officers who wll be there to direct traffic. The outflow for the other round 2 and round 3 games we hosted last year was much improved.
That's good to know. Last year we got to the car about 15 minutes after the game was over and it seemed like there was no traffic movement for at least 20 minutes.

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

Neutron Man wrote:Answer me this........ WHY??????? Why have your starting QB returning kicks?
I could not understand why Burg did this Saturday.

r u serious? please --dont give us ur coaching points. please

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

4th n Goal wrote:
90buckeye wrote:As for the exit out of the facility, we corrected this matter last year. The Fredericktown/Wheelersburg game last year was the first round 2 we ever hosted and definitely was not prepared for that large of a crowd. ODOT will not allow the city to turn off or regulate otherwise the stop lights at the intersection of route 33 and route 78, so we have police officers who wll be there to direct traffic. The outflow for the other round 2 and round 3 games we hosted last year was much improved.
That's good to know. Last year we got to the car about 15 minutes after the game was over and it seemed like there was no traffic movement for at least 20 minutes.

Only 20 minutes???? That is a lot better than the situation at the Burg when trying to leave a game. After the Burg-Ironton game I sat in my car for over 45 minutes and never budged. That has to be the worst setup I have ever dealt with and I've seen some good ones. One way in and out and for some reason the sheriff is down on the road, directing the traffic out onto the road, while the parking lot stays jacked up because no one is up there directing traffic.

I personally don't have a proble with paying the $2 to park because the way I look at it, they are nice enough to donate there field plus they have to have workers who are more than likely donating there time and all they would make without the parking is the concessions. They aren't going to make alot off of that, so the parking will help out.

Looking forward to a great night of football with a Burg win as the ending

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

The hosting schools only get monies for concessions and parking. That is why they are charging for parking.

Big bad OHSAA makes off with the rest of the money. Why shouldnt they when they supply the officials and OHSAA rep that stands on the visitor sideline.

That was all pure sarcasm BTW. I have no beef with a school charging to park as long as it is minimal. They have to pay for the electric, cleanup, staff, etc. Put blame on the OHSAA if you want to put blame somewhere.

And go try to find another great source of 3 hour entertainment for a $20 bill. Good luck.

southernohiofan
JV Team

Post by southernohiofan »

burg

Buckeye84
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye84 »

Good luck Burg!

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

eddie wrote:
Neutron Man wrote:Answer me this........ WHY??????? Why have your starting QB returning kicks?
I could not understand why Burg did this Saturday.

r u serious? please --dont give us ur coaching points. please
If I wasn't serious I would to have said it :roll: :roll:

Enlighten me!

Let's risk our starting QB returning punts and possibly getting injured as he almost did last week when he got the wind knocked out of him.
Changes the whole gameplan and that could be bad.

So yes tell me. WHY? These are not coaching points, they are questions!

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

UPNYA4 wrote:
I agree....bad enough he plays defense......why have him returning kicks? Thats what you have Shank for ;-)

Why not Tommy Graf? He seems faster than Shears. Less Risk, and you don't have to worry about using Shank EVERYWHERE.

Orange_N_Black_Fan
Riding the Bench

Post by Orange_N_Black_Fan »

Neutron Man wrote:
UPNYA4 wrote:
I agree....bad enough he plays defense......why have him returning kicks? Thats what you have Shank for ;-)

Why not Tommy Graf? He seems faster than Shears. Less Risk, and you don't have to worry about using Shank EVERYWHERE.
He's no where close to shears speed, shank & shears are the speed
of the team they run neck N neck..

Redsfan
Freshman Team

Post by Redsfan »

I'm sure the coaches have given it a lot of thought. Afterall......they are football coaches. I don't know the reason, but I'm sure there is a logical reason he's back there. I'm pretty sure they aren't putting him there in hopes that he gets hurt. Maybe he has the best hands on the team??

fbnut
SEOP

Re: D5 R19 - #3 Wheelersburg vs. #2 Fredericktown at Nelson

Post by fbnut »

Orange_N_Black_Fan wrote:
Neutron Man wrote:
UPNYA4 wrote:
I agree....bad enough he plays defense......why have him returning kicks? That's what you have Shank for ;-)

I am guessing its because of his hands, he looks comfortable doing it and has made some nice catches. I don't know what any of their 40 times are but their is no one on that team that has anywhere near the football speed shank has.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Lord willin' and the creek don't rise, I'll pay the $20 bills to be there. It is worth it to see O&B, Burg 77, and especially meet demaniac. If the $2 goes to NY, I have no problem with the parking fee. If it went to OHSAA, well, that's a different story folks. And I'm sure you all feel that way as well!

Great! I'll be there. O&B, I'll PM you, and we can decide where to meet. As for the rest of my friends from the Burg that want to either see me again or meet me and O&B, PM me. I plan on being there about 6 on Friday, and will meet up with O&B, and we can go from there!

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

RedsFan wrote:I'm sure the coaches have given it a lot of thought. Afterall......they are football coaches. I don't know the reason, but I'm sure there is a logical reason he's back there. I'm pretty sure they aren't putting him there in hopes that he gets hurt. Maybe he has the best hands on the team??
I found out, it is his hands. He is the most consistent for catching.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Orange_N_Black_Fan wrote:
Neutron Man wrote:
UPNYA4 wrote:

WHAT? In an open field Shank seems to be WAY faster. Better break away speed.

Maybe the numbers are close but it sure doesn't appear that way watching!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Steely Dan wrote:Lord willin' and the creek don't rise, I'll pay the $20 bills to be there. It is worth it to see O&B, Burg 77, and especially meet demaniac. If the $2 goes to NY, I have no problem with the parking fee. If it went to OHSAA, well, that's a different story folks. And I'm sure you all feel that way as well!

Great! I'll be there. O&B, I'll PM you, and we can decide where to meet. As for the rest of my friends from the Burg that want to either see me again or meet me and O&B, PM me. I plan on being there about 6 on Friday, and will meet up with O&B, and we can go from there!
Good deal Brother!

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Here is a tip for everyone on SEOPS not from Nelsonville that is going to this playoff game.....

When you are at NYHS leaving the parking lot, instead of turning right to drive towards ST RT 78, turn left. At the stop sign, turn left onto Bessemer Road. At the next stop sign, go straight on to Woodlane Drive. This is the back way in to Nelsonville. At the end of Woodlane Drive, you will turn left at the stop sign onto Fort Street. At the end of Fort Street, you will be at the red light at the intersection with Washington Street and the Public Square. Go straight on to the Public Square. You will pass the fountain that is in the center of the Square. Make an immediate left onto Columbus Street and then an immediate right onto Hocking Street. The next red light will put you back onto State Route 33 and you will turn left onto 33. This will take you back to Athens.

No need to wait an hour just to turn onto 78 when you can go the back way and get back onto 33 within 10 minutes.
Last edited by NYBuckeye96 on Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

This will be a great time, guaranteed! Looking forward to it. O&B, sounds like a plan!

Return to “Football”