Freshman Team

Re: 2011 Jackson ironmen

Post by zipper1 »

are you talking about yogi.

footballfanatic1
All Conference

Post by footballfanatic1 »

zippy ... i beleive he is talking about the grizzle bear that is right behind you ready to tear you apart. :122246 don't look just run as fast as you little leggs will go.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: NOT REALLY HE IS TALKING ABOUT THE BIG BEAR THAT WILL MUAL YOUR SPROCKETS BEFORE LONG.... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Rocketfan88
Freshman Team

Post by Rocketfan88 »

This is a joke! Jackson will try to beat Wellston by using Wellston boys. Jacksons two best players are from wellston! And Jackson players will be on the sideline watching them play! Like I said this is a Joke!

Ironmen44
JV Team

Post by Ironmen44 »

Its called competition. The best players play. They will all be IRONMEN !!!!! Looking forward to a great season.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

I haven't been on here much lately, but every time I am, it's the same stuff.

I would suggest that everyone leave the transfer talk alone, stop talking so much trash, and post about the upcoming season. Talk about potential lineups, the schedule, etc. Sound good?

28Buck
Freshman Team

Post by 28Buck »

LOL @ Jackson players talking crap about Wellston. You guys should be all really proud to beat a team almost two divisons below you, o wait, you didnt. Why not and get one of their best... Sad times we live in when loyalty and friendship doesnt matter when it comes to high school football...

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

ironman02......Very well said.

I look forward to covering both teams again in the fall.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

ironman02 wrote:I haven't been on here much lately, but every time I am, it's the same stuff.

I would suggest that everyone leave the transfer talk alone, stop talking so much trash, and post about the upcoming season. Talk about potential lineups, the schedule, etc. Sound good?
I would have to agree, but if recruiting is occuring then let the proper people OHSAA handle it because they will find out! Alot of this is the same trash talk that happen between Logan and ironton. Childern let's clean it up!

Ironmannut07
Varsity

Post by Ironmannut07 »

Can anybody tell me anything about st Charles who is on Jackson schedule this year.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

Ironmannut07 wrote:Can anybody tell me anything about st Charles who is on Jackson schedule this year.
Here recently they're usually around .500 and in contention for the playoffs (I believe they made it last year), I'm not sure what they have coming back, but I know they usually play a very tough schedule...it won't be an easy game, but it should be winnable and worth a lot of playoff points.

Ironmannut07
Varsity

Post by Ironmannut07 »

Thanks sider.

GAHS83
JV Team

Post by GAHS83 »

St. Charles is a Catholic school in Columbus. They play a tough schedule usually including Watterson and Desales who are both perennial powerhouse teams in the Catholic league in Columbus. They're generally much better than their record indicates. It will be one of the tougher games on your schedule.

Ironmannut07
Varsity

Post by Ironmannut07 »

GAHS83 wrote:St. Charles is a Catholic school in Columbus. They play a tough schedule usually including Watterson and Desales who are both perennial powerhouse teams in the Catholic league in Columbus. They're generally much better than their record indicates. It will be one of the tougher games on your schedule.
That's what I like to hear I would really want Jackson to start playing tougher non conference games I know some years we might take a beating but when we play weak teams an we make it to the playoffs we take a beating playing tougher teams might help get us ready for the playoff caliber teams.

player555
Waterboy

Post by player555 »

osborne is one of the main reasons why jackson got beat last year... we all no wellston had no line... whoever thinks osborne isnt worth much might want to go see a doctor....
kids go to schools were they have the best chance to win and thats exactly what osborne did. and if someone is just mad cus he left doesnt mean u have to discourage him or the team....
start talking about the Jackson Ironmen and what they will do this year!

4puttsnowman
Riding the Bench

Post by 4puttsnowman »

With our size in enrollment the Ironmen shouldnt have to rely on other teams best players to come in and make us better. Jackson should dominate this area in football . I think it is bad that in recent years we cant compete with Logan (I know we won last year ) they are not much bigger than Jackson. The Ironmen have the best facilities in our area and great coaching we just lack in competting with highr level teams for whatever reason . Unlike the 90's when the Ironmen were dominate. :!:
The Ironmen shouldnt even give teams like Wellston/Vinton Co./ Waverly and the weak teams in the league a second thought. They should be playing at a highr level in big games ,maybe this will be the year with the so called all star team. :mrgreen:

zipper1
Freshman Team

Post by zipper1 »

you need to watch the you tube video.it was miller, and prater with 3 td's combined.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

A few things...

Just because someone posts on here and claims that "recruiting" is going on, that doesn't necessarily make it true. It is possible for a kid to simply want to transfer to another school without being coerced by anyone. If the OHSAA feels that they need to investigate, I'm sure they will, but I would think they had to be aware of Osborne's intentions before the transfer was made complete. Again, we need to stop talking about this.

Thanks to sider and GAHS83 for posting information on St. Charles. They will certainly be a tough test for the Ironmen. Playing the likes of Watterson and DeSales, and being competitive with them most of the time, certainly means that St. Charles will provide the Ironmen with a playoff-caliber opponent.

And finally, Logan and Jackson are about the same size? Last time I checked, 301 and 453 boys aren't really the same size. I'm not big on using enrollment figures as a means to decide anything, but I also don't like to read complete misinformation. Jackson has done extremely well against Logan throughout history, as the all-time series is something like 45-41-4 (off the top of my head) in favor of Logan. Jackson has won 21 SEOAL titles, second only to Logan who has 25, I believe. Jackson is just like the rest of SE Ohio's good football programs. They win a lot of games in this area, they make the playoffs, but they haven't really made much noise in the post-season. The only exceptions to that are basically Ironton, Wheelersburg, and Nelsonville-York, so hopefully someday Jackson will join the elite fraternity of SE Ohio schools who have won a state title. Until then, they need to keep improving the non-league schedule, and the kids and staff need to continue to work hard, which I'm sure they will.

4puttsnowman
Riding the Bench

Post by 4puttsnowman »

Didnt realize there was that big of gap in enrollment 150 kids is a big difference. Thats why they have divisions size of population does matter.

Who cares if they did recruit it was a good move ,just shows the staff wants to do what it takes to win baby! :mrgreen:

ROLL TIDE!

Ironmannut07
Varsity

Post by Ironmannut07 »

Where can I find jacksons schedule for this coming year?

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

I'm not positive if this is the right order, but I think the schedule looks like this...

Wellston
Waverly
at Vinton County
at Logan
at Warren
Portsmouth
at Ironton
St. Charles
at Chillicothe
Gallia Academy

Return to “Football”