Week 8: Minford (7-0, 2-0) @ Wheelersburg (6-1, 2-0)

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: Week 8: Minford (7-0, 2-0) @ Wheelersburg (6-1, 2-0)

Post by Bleeding Red »

BurgGrad_06 wrote:Obviously Burg hasn't played any1 and Minford has played a powerhouse schedule.... So I'll say Minford 60+ Burg 0

Well if you look at the numbers Burg has 54 level 2 points compared to Minford's 67.5. Minford also has more level 1 points.

Probably why Minford has a much higher total average! So if you want to compare schedules and wins, its not hard to figure out!

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I can't wait till Friday night!!! I wish I could be there to witness the the underdog aka burg come out on top of the far superior mighty Minford falcons!! Lol anyway I just hope for an injury and hard fought game by both teams!!! Good luck pirates!

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

BurgGrad_06 wrote:I can't wait till Friday night!!! I wish I could be there to witness the the underdog aka burg come out on top of the far superior mighty Minford falcons!! Lol anyway I just hope for an injury and hard fought game by both teams!!! Good luck pirates!
This post is worthy of the "Come on man" segment on ESPN. We at Minford know we are the dogs in this game, but we expect to compete and have a great opportunity to win if we take care of the football, move the sticks, and are effective in the kicking game.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

This should be a great game. Hopefully the Burg hurry up won't have any lineman from Minford puking on the field like happened at Waverly last week!

Interesting that Valley, Minford, and Burg all are predicted to be hosting games in Week 11! That says a lot for the SOCII!!
http://www.fantastic50.net/Ohio_Brackets.php

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

Bleeding Red wrote:
SPAMONY wrote:Bring your earplugs folks BOOM BOOM BOOM
They are gonna shoot the cannon off this year when Minford scores? LOL
You mean "IF" dont you

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

SPAMONY wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:
SPAMONY wrote:Bring your earplugs folks BOOM BOOM BOOM
They are gonna shoot the cannon off this year when Minford scores? LOL
You mean "IF" dont you
Oh no......I mean "when"!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

4th n Goal wrote:This should be a great game. Hopefully the Burg hurry up won't have any lineman from Minford puking on the field like happened at Waverly last week!

Interesting that Valley, Minford, and Burg all are predicted to be hosting games in Week 11! That says a lot for the SOCII!!
Dont forget Oak Hill who will probably finish #1 in Region 19.

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

Bleeding Red wrote:
4th n Goal wrote:This should be a great game. Hopefully the Burg hurry up won't have any lineman from Minford puking on the field like happened at Waverly last week!

Oakhill has to get passed Ironton and when burg/Valley beats minford that will take them out of first place... :mrgreen:

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Bleeding Red wrote:

If Burg wins out, I don't see how they wouldn't be number 1 in the region.

I think all the crap needs to stop and we just let the teams play the game on Friday night. Both teams are very capable of winning this game. Burg has a high powered offense and Minford has a ball control offense. If Minford can control the ball it will keep Burg's offense on the sideline. Burg has a very solid defense as they all but shut down Ironton's offense as well as Portsmouth, Fairlands supposedly high powered offense and just totally dominated and dismantled Jackson. Minford's defense has seemed to be very strong as well so this has the makings of being a game just like the two in 08 that Burg won 14-7 and 14-6.

Good luck to both teams and here is to an injury free game

Falconfever
Waterboy

Post by Falconfever »

BurgGrad_06 wrote:I can't wait till Friday night!!! I wish I could be there to witness the the underdog aka burg come out on top of the far superior mighty Minford falcons!! Lol anyway I just hope for an injury and hard fought game by both teams!!! Good luck pirates!
I dont remember any one saying Minford is far superior than burg just because us Minford folks are saying what we think of burg or Minford doesnt mean we think we are far superior. If you can't handle people saying burg hasn't really Played any one or anything of that sort don't act like a baby. Now back to the game I think it will be another instant classic in S.O.C

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:

I think all the crap needs to stop and we just let the teams play the game on Friday night. Both teams are very capable of winning this game. Burg has a high powered offense and Minford has a ball control offense. If Minford can control the ball it will keep Burg's offense on the sideline. Burg has a very solid defense as they all but shut down Ironton's offense as well as Portsmouth, Fairlands supposedly high powered offense and just totally dominated and dismantled Jackson. Minford's defense has seemed to be very strong as well so this has the makings of being a game just like the two in 08 that Burg won 14-7 and 14-6.

Ironton had 238 yards rushing against Burg. It wasnt all Lewis either. Schweickart nearly went for 100 yards too. White had 56 yards.

I dont think I would call that "all but shut down Ironton's offense". Sure Burg played right with them after giving up a few quick TD's.....but come on now. I watched that game and Ironton ran up and down the field all night and won because of their ball control.

Jorge Sandusky
Riding the Bench

Post by Jorge Sandusky »

Burg by at least 3 scores in this one.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

The way ironton runs the ball , its not great but you hold them to 228 yds rushing it's not a bad night. They didn't run up and down the field. They had 2 long 2nd half drives that finished with tds that were back breakers.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Bleeding Red wrote:
BurgGrad_06 wrote:Obviously Burg hasn't played any1 and Minford has played a powerhouse schedule.... So I'll say Minford 60+ Burg 0

Well if you look at the numbers Burg has 54 level 2 points compared to Minford's 67.5. Minford also has more level 1 points.

Probably why Minford has a much higher total average! So if you want to compare schedules and wins, its not hard to figure out![

You can't really figure out strength of schedule that way can you because you get nothing for a loss. You could play all D1 schools and obviously play a very tough schedule but if you go 0-10 you have 0's across the board.
Last edited by fbnut on Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I can take it... Because I do some bashing myself just to see the replies I can get!! And i know thats what a lot of ppl do on here. I know that neither team is far superior.. I think both teams are very good. Burg brings a "score early and often type offense" and Minford likes to sustain drives eat the clock and smack u in the mouth all night. Should be a very good game. IMO I think it will be a shoot out. I know burgs d is a little suspect when it comes to the pass. So if Minford can throw the ball around a little bit it could be very interesting. And for Minford to keep burgs offense on their heels they need to pressure Eddie and cover the deep pass..

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

BurgGrad_06 wrote:I can take it... Because I do some bashing myself just to see the replies I can get!! And i know thats what a lot of ppl do on here. I know that neither team is far superior.. I think both teams are very good. Burg brings a "score early and often type offense" and Minford likes to sustain drives eat the clock and smack u in the mouth all night. Should be a very good game. IMO I think it will be a shoot out. I know burgs d is a little suspect when it comes to the pass. So if Minford can throw the ball around a little bit it could be very interesting. And for Minford to keep burgs offense on their heels they need to pressure Eddie and cover the deep pass..
Yeah, IMO Minford just needs to bring it off the edge, and rely on the interior strength of the defensive line with McCray and company. DBS need to press a bit to eliminate Burg wideouts getting out in space.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Hard to pressure miller. If you press d miller on the outside your risking a huge play if he beats you at the line. He is a hard matchup because of his height and length.

NewEra
All Conference

Post by NewEra »

fbnut wrote:Hard to pressure miller. If you press d miller on the outside your risking a huge play if he beats you at the line. He is a hard matchup because of his height and length.
Oh it's definately a challenge, might wanna bring a few on the inside too, maybe some dline stunts. Gonna be interesting, I could see the Falcons spying Miller as well.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

NewEra wrote:
fbnut wrote:Hard to pressure miller. If you press d miller on the outside your risking a huge play if he beats you at the line. He is a hard matchup because of his height and length.
Oh it's definately a challenge, might wanna bring a few on the inside too, maybe some dline stunts. Gonna be interesting, I could see the Falcons spying Miller as well.
I am not sure e miller isn't as dangerous with his legs as he is with his arm. I think he will carry the ball a lot Friday.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Bleeding Red wrote:
yabbadabbadoo wrote:

Ironton had 238 yards rushing against Burg. It wasnt all Lewis either. Schweickart nearly went for 100 yards too. White had 56 yards.

I dont think I would call that "all but shut down Ironton's offense". Sure Burg played right with them after giving up a few quick TD's.....but come on now. I watched that game and Ironton ran up and down the field all night and won because of their ball control.

Ironton might have ran up and down the field, but sure didn't dominate that game. Take away the fumble for a TD (Burg player did not have possession) the pass interference against the Burg on 4th down(not a lot of contact) and the non PI call against Ironton in the endzone(Drrabbitt has the pic) and Burg wins that game going away.

Return to “Football”