Week 9 (5-3) Ironton @ (7-1) Oak Hill

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Week 9 (5-3) Ironton @ (7-1) Oak Hill

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Buckeye-4-Life wrote:With all those injuries to Irontons top players, I think OH has a true shot of the upset! Just as long as they dont get spooked when they see those Orangre and Black helmets run onto the field.

THATS A VERY REAL POSSIBILITY.

bryanc45
JV Team

Post by bryanc45 »

lets go oaks.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Ironton 5-3 and have already clinched a playoff spot ......enough said! :idea:

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

KVDW wrote:from the ironton dispatch article:

"I thought about Beth’s rant on the drive home. How does anybody know how good they are at anything unless they are challenged by others with equal or greater talent?"

i thought gallia academy and wheelersburg gave them a pretty good challenge locally..... and most all the tigers survived those games..... AND ironton got the points....(a whole lot to do with why they are 5-3 and already clinched.)

just my thoughts...
I agree. I hope Ironton doesn't have the same schedule next year. They will lose 20+ seniors off of this team, which would make these kind of games even harder.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

It was a nice article, but I think it misses the point. He talks about the grumbling of the fans and everything. Isnt that why preps was developed? I mean before preps the old men wold sit at Micky D's and discusss the game the good and the bad every saturday morning. As a sports fan thats what you do you gripe about your team when they are doing bad and when they are doing good you heap praise on them. Even amongst the bad you still find good and you talk about that. I know friday night despite complaining about how bad we looked and what we werent doing I was screaming my head off when Tristan threw that TD pass. That was awesome. Coming in everybody knew Hartley and Waterson were very good teams. Its no slight to them to complain about how bad we played. It was said coming into the game that we were going to have to play better up front and tackle better if we expected to play with them.

"And I inwardly laughed at the jeers from the sidelines, mostly from grown men who obviously felt their pride was on the line in a contest played by adolescents."

This line cracks me up because lets face it Ironton Football is the heart of this town. I've went to school up North and they would ask where Im from and they would say oh yea you guys play pretty good footbal down there. Look at usernames on here a lot of us have usernames relating to our teams. Thats because we have pride in our schools, our kids, and our teams. Thats what high school sports is about. Its pride in your team and kids. When they win you feel great because they represented themselves, those that came before them, and the town well. When they lose you feel bad for them because you remember how it felt when you lost wearing those colors. When you have been excellent for so many years and you have that reputation of winning you get others that want to come in and ride that band wagon. At Ironton that happens a lot.

Another line said soemthing about not expecting to win them all. If you dont exepct to win them all then you have already lost.

Now on to the game at Oak Hill. Really Ironton has nothing to lose in this game. They win they make the playoffs and lose they are still in the playoffs. Oak Hill on the other hand has a lot riding on this game. According to Joe Eitel they control their destiny. So a win against the Tigers would be huge for them. This game will tell a lot about the Tigers mindset. Are they physcologically healed up from the two beating they took in the past two weeks. I got all the confidence in the world that Coach Vass and crew will get them ready to play though, but if Oak Hill comes out and puts up a quick score or two on them how will the Tigers react. I mean Oak Hill is coming off a tough game against a very tough and physical team in Symmes Valley. They showed there that if you make a mistake they will make you pay for it. They are riding high right now a win vs the Tigers would be huge.
I believe the Tigers are going to come out pissed off and make a statement this game. The first half will be close, but by the second half I think Lewis will be able to get free and he will run wild.

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

Tigercannon you make me want to hurl.lmbo

philthyphil
Varsity

Post by philthyphil »

4th n Goal wrote:
KVDW wrote:from the ironton dispatch article:

"I thought about Beth’s rant on the drive home. How does anybody know how good they are at anything unless they are challenged by others with equal or greater talent?"

i thought gallia academy and wheelersburg gave them a pretty good challenge locally..... and most all the tigers survived those games..... AND ironton got the points....(a whole lot to do with why they are 5-3 and already clinched.)

just my thoughts...
I agree. I hope Ironton doesn't have the same schedule next year. They will lose 20+ seniors off of this team, which would make these kind of games even harder.
Ironton's schedule next year, in no particular order.

Wheelersburg
Russell
Ashland
Raceland
Amanda Clearcreek
Hartley
Portsmouth
St. Charles
Oak Hill
Johnson Central

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

tigercannon71 wrote:Now on to the game at Oak Hill. Really Ironton has nothing to lose in this game. They win they make the playoffs and lose they are still in the playoffs. Oak Hill on the other hand has a lot riding on this game. According to Joe Eitel they control their destiny. So a win against the Tigers would be huge for them. This game will tell a lot about the Tigers mindset. Are they physcologically healed up from the two beating they took in the past two weeks. I got all the confidence in the world that Coach Vass and crew will get them ready to play though, but if Oak Hill comes out and puts up a quick score or two on them how will the Tigers react. I mean Oak Hill is coming off a tough game against a very tough and physical team in Symmes Valley. They showed there that if you make a mistake they will make you pay for it. They are riding high right now a win vs the Tigers would be huge.
I believe the Tigers are going to come out pissed off and make a statement this game. The first half will be close, but by the second half I think Lewis will be able to get free and he will run wild.

I disagree that Oak Hill has a lot riding on this game. They are a lock for the playoffs and almost a lock for one of the 1-3 spots regardless of winning this game.

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

MightyOaksFan wrote:
tigercannon71 wrote:Now on to the game at Oak Hill. Really Ironton has nothing to lose in this game. They win they make the playoffs and lose they are still in the playoffs. Oak Hill on the other hand has a lot riding on this game. According to Joe Eitel they control their destiny. So a win against the Tigers would be huge for them. This game will tell a lot about the Tigers mindset. Are they physcologically healed up from the two beating they took in the past two weeks. I got all the confidence in the world that Coach Vass and crew will get them ready to play though, but if Oak Hill comes out and puts up a quick score or two on them how will the Tigers react. I mean Oak Hill is coming off a tough game against a very tough and physical team in Symmes Valley. They showed there that if you make a mistake they will make you pay for it. They are riding high right now a win vs the Tigers would be huge.

I disagree that Oak Hill has a lot riding on this game. They are a lock for the playoffs and almost a lock for one of the 1-3 spots regardless of winning this game.
MOF, looking forward to saying hello at the game. Both teams are a lock for a home game, in my opinion.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

I took out all the Trash, instead of some people crying about the mods letting stuff go try reporting it first, because there are very few of us still working and we dont read all the post. If its reported it will be taken care of.

NOW LETS STAY ON TOPIC!!!!!

chibrs
Waterboy

Post by chibrs »

I just would like to say how proud of this team i am considering what they went through last year,to have the turn around this year is totally outstanding.I wish that friday nights game is injury free for both sides,however i know halloween is coming soon,and Jason and Freddie do not live in ironton,so OAKS realize one thing if thats the case then Dorothy lives in OAKHILL,so click the ruby red slippers because there is no place like home......OAKS 28----TIGERS---21......to all my boys BOBBLE-YODER-and the rest leave it all on the field and i like your chances.......Have a great game...DAD...

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i just realized i don't know where oak hill's stadium now, if anybody can give me a hand. i just knew where the old stadium was , and having trouble placing it.

Docw
Riding the Bench

Post by Docw »

The stadium is behind the school which sets on Rt 93 on the left. Just outside of town toward Jackson.

philthyphil
Varsity

Post by philthyphil »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:now this is more like it.

i just realized i don't know where oak hill's stadium now, if anybody can give me a hand. i just knew where the old stadium was , and having trouble placing it.
I think it's in the same place as the old stadium. If not, it's in the general vicinity.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Once the boys get off the greyhound...and oak hill sees those orange helmets...Lewis and company are going to run wild...this team loves the turf...can't wait to see the big runs...let's go Tigers!!!

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

My two favorite teams after Jackson. My Dad's family from the Ironton area and my Mom's family from Oak Hill make it hard to not to cheer for both. :-D So good luck, play an injury free game, and remember, both teams are already heading to the playoffs, so there are no losers.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

A surpise!

Oak Hill 21

ironton 15

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

you're killin me shine.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:you're killin me shine.
Bait, I am sorry just a gut feeling. It might come down to who's beat up the most!

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Davis Stadium is right behind the new school on st. Rt. 93. Will be an awesome setting for a football game tonight. Cool Crisp evening with the fall leaves as a background. Sounds like a good nigh to me.

Return to “Football”