Who wins?

Total votes: 0

Railroadn
JV Team

Re: D4 R15: #1 St. Clairsville vs #5 Piketon

Post by Railroadn »

IBTT wrote:
RAILROADN wrote:
Paladin wrote:No one needs to talk for me, but me. It would be nice and REFRESHING to talk favorably about some SEO teams. But the reality and the record speaks for itself -- the region SUCKS in football and has for a very long time. As I have said, people duck competition down there and refuse to take chances to play tougher teams during the season, afraid they might lose a game here or there. The result is to curse the entire area to low level ability whether its in a non-league game or in your league. Come post season , I call them as I see them, just like the in season games in the area that I call. Some one will win & some one will lose. If you don't like losing, CHANGE , grow some gonads and go compete. Till then, suck it up and get your arses beat like a drum.

Its cool that some will hang their hats on a once in awhile game that someone may win down there every 4-5 years or so. But year in, year out, you look like a bunch of idiots because you collectively ducked comeptition and then suddenly , you expect your weak schedule to be a "giant-killer" and instead you get your arse handed to you with a lopsided score. The sad thing is, there will be small school teams all around the state, very similar to those in SEO, who will find success because they did it right -- played tough schedues and now they reap the hardware.

Welcome to the post season, cupcakes.

:aaaaa6 :aaaaa6 :aaaaa6 :aaaaa6 :aaaaa6 :aaaaa6

Yea I have to agree "Ibtt" it was a weak schedule but St.C's wasn't much better!

Railroadn
JV Team

Post by Railroadn »

I still believe piketon can win this game! They didn't play a strong schedule but they earned my respect when they beat Minford the way they did.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Paladin wrote:No one needs to talk for me, but me. It would be nice and REFRESHING to talk favorably about some SEO teams. But the reality and the record speaks for itself -- the region SUCKS in football and has for a very long time. As I have said, people duck competition down there and refuse to take chances to play tougher teams during the season, afraid they might lose a game here or there. The result is to curse the entire area to low level ability whether its in a non-league game or in your league. Come post season , I call them as I see them, just like the in season games in the area that I call. Some one will win & some one will lose. If you don't like losing, CHANGE , grow some gonads and go compete. Till then, suck it up and get your arses beat like a drum.

Its cool that some will hang their hats on a once in awhile game that someone may win down there every 4-5 years or so. But year in, year out, you look like a bunch of idiots because you collectively ducked comeptition and then suddenly , you expect your weak schedule to be a "giant-killer" and instead you get your arse handed to you with a lopsided score. The sad thing is, there will be small school teams all around the state, very similar to those in SEO, who will find success because they did it right -- played tough schedues and now they reap the hardware.

normally i would not respond to you but have you seen ironton's schedule since like 1972.oh , i keep forgetting how they handled you as a coach.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

normally i would not respond to you but have you seen ironton's schedule since like 1972.oh , i keep forgetting how they handled you as a coach.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

paladin i don't really know how that happened but i like it.
piketon has showed nothing but class by their posters, and i expect much of the same from the team/fans/coaching staff.
you have the support of fighting tiger nation.

st_c_dirkadirka
Waterboy

Post by st_c_dirkadirka »

Really? Anyone want to expand on why our schedule was weak?

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

^^^^^ I dont think anyone was questioning St. C's schedule. I have watched video of the Red Devils games against Bellaire and Harrison. #9 for St. C is as good as it gets. The young man has the intangibles rarely seen in these parts. He has speed, agility, great hands and just a knack for making people miss and making big plays. #8 the TB has great break away speed and hits the hole hard. #6 the other WR is also solid. #10 runs around and makes plays, and the QB is servicable for what they ask him to do. He doesnt have to win games, just get the ball to those that can. #72 the NG also does a nice job of filling the middle, and #14 on the end is quick and finds the ball well. Like I said earlier, they dont have a glaring weakness.

Piketon has weapons, the question is who will exploit who and who will win those individual battles. Lets Go Streaks~!

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

I had a post deleted because of the crybabies about the schedule and there was NO COMPARASION. St. C played 4 playoff teams and beat all of them . D-I Wheeling Park 47-27, D-III Indian Creek, 48-6, D-IV Harriosn Central (twice, once in the playoffs) 41-6 , 42-6 and D-IV Bellaire 58- 14. St. C. 's schedule had 5 winning programs and one 500. team. They were larger schools, tougher schools, better competition and totally dominated.

Piketon had a laughable schedule that included two playoff teams who both beat Piketon -- D-IV Minford 19-14 and D-IV Westfall 42-14. Included were 5 LOSING programs and two 500. teams. The schedule was made up of smaller schools, weaker programs and little dominance. Typical SEO team. The problem is typical for this time of year -- the competition hasn't been tough and the weak SEO team will face a tested program who has played programs of a much higher level leaving St. C. better prepared to play at a high level of play.

That fact should lead to a difference of a multiple TD win for St. C. The only question becomes how quick they pull the dogs off. Game could really get ugly very fast.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Who gives a crap? Why do you spew this crap every year....we get your point and we understand your point....but why?

I imagine there are a couple thousand Piketon fans happy as heck to have this opportunity to compete in week 12. Quit trying to ruin one of the most exciting times in Piketon football history. I coach at a lowly SE District school in another sport and we advanced to the regionals for only the second time in school history....then we went up there against the competitive part of the state and finished dead last by 17 points....but that didn't stop us from making amazing memories that we'll never forget.

Do you want the kids in the SE to be embarrassed or something? Should the Piketon kids hang their heads if they lose by 40? I just cannot understand your purpose on this site.

st_c_dirkadirka
Waterboy

#2 Kinnick is much more than serviceable. He threw for 1800 yards with 24 TD against only 2 Int's while rarely playing more than 3 quarters.

The more I look, the more I feel like the Red Devils could run away with this one. This isn't meant as a slam against Piketon, I just think this St C team is just that good.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

st_c_dirkadirka wrote:#2 Kinnick is much more than serviceable. He threw for 1800 yards with 24 TD against only 2 Int's while rarely playing more than 3 quarters.

The more I look, the more I feel like the Red Devils could run away with this one. This isn't meant as a slam against Piketon, I just think this St C team is just that good.
And I would not disagree with you. Piketon will certainly come ready to play, but I anticipate that the level of competition that you've played is going to be a significant advantage in this game.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Serviceable as in the wr's had plenty of yacs. It wasnt a slam, rather props to your wr corp and how they are the game changers, they and your tb.

st_c_dirkadirka
Waterboy

eagles73 wrote:Serviceable as in the wr's had plenty of yacs. It wasnt a slam, rather props to your wr corp and how they are the game changers, they and your tb.
No worries. I know it wasn't a slam - I think kinnick gets overlooked because he's surrounded by talent.

#9 is SR Dan Monteroso. He will sign his letter of intent with Boston College and was also one of the co-D2 players of the year on the Red Devils final four basketball team as a junior last year.

#10 is JR Michael Ferns, who has committed to play LB @ Michigan.

#8 is JR Jaylon Brown, who is being looked at by Pitt. He's a 4.4 guy and is probably the MVP of the team to date.

Friday can't get here soon enough.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

How did those teams St. C beat do in their playoff games?
Harrison C lost again
Bellaire lost big
Indian Creek lost big to West Holmes
The team from WV is well from WV... the jury is still out on ST. C they are the favorite to win this region... one game at a time

fbfever9
Freshman Team

Post by fbfever9 »

[quote="Paladin"]I had a post deleted because of the crybabies about the schedule and there was NO COMPARASION. St. C played 4 playoff teams and beat all of them . D-I Wheeling Park 47-27, D-III Indian Creek, 48-6, D-IV Harriosn Central (twice, once in the playoffs) 41-6 , 42-6 and D-IV Bellaire 58- 14. St. C. 's schedule had 5 winning programs and one 500. team. They were larger schools, tougher schools, better competition and totally dominated.

Piketon had a laughable schedule that included two playoff teams who both beat Piketon -- D-IV Minford 19-14 and D-IV Westfall 42-14. Included were 5 LOSING programs and two 500. teams. The schedule was made up of smaller schools, weaker programs and little dominance. Typical SEO team. The problem is typical for this time of year -- the competition hasn't been tough and the weak SEO team will face a tested program who has played programs of a much higher level leaving St. C. better prepared to play at a high level of play.

quote]

According to Drew Pastuer's Fantastic 50, St. C had the 84th toughtest schedule in DIV. Piketon was at 119......... out of 123 teams. Come on people, let's be real about what is going on.

I have had a couple conversations with Paladin "offline", and he knows what he is talking about. Does Paladin rub me the wrong way sometimes? Sure. Does he use the best way to convey these thoughts? Not necessarily. Do we agree on everything? Hell no. But look at the facts - 119th "toughest" schedule out of 123 teams. That means only FOUR teams played an easier schedule in all of DIV.

Just for comparison's sake, Ironton had the 5th toughest schedule in DIV.

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

Piketon loses big time. This is real football now.

st_c_dirkadirka
Waterboy

55Buckeyes98 wrote:How did those teams St. C beat do in their playoff games?
Harrison C lost again
Bellaire lost big
Indian Creek lost big to West Holmes
The team from WV is well from WV... the jury is still out on ST. C they are the favorite to win this region... one game at a time
I don't disagree with this post, but for clarification - Harrison Central lost because we beat them in week 11...

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Let's just accept the fact at kickoff Friday night these kids will be playing each other this is high school no one knows who will win or who will lose.
If St.c wins by 5 touch downs so be it they win by 2 points so be it a win is a win.
But remember this is the playoffs and these two teams are not in weak 2 because neither is week.
Piketon will bring all they got to the field as will St.C and neither team will over look the other strength of schedule will go out the window on the first hit.
Let's just remember these are high school kids playing for pride and hoping to move on for their schoolo.
And let as fans respect that and hope and pray for a injury free game.
Go Piketon let's go play hard and bring back that win.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

I pay more attention to how a team is doing come playoff time not always what they did all throughout the season...piketon crushed Minford last week in a game that many thought they were sure to lose...until Ironton had all that injuries this year through week 5...no one in their right mind would have given St. C a chance against them...guess what..they are healthy again...however...just sayin...St C only played four playoff teams and all three got knocked out the first week...the other is a weak West Virginia school...this could be a close game...if Ironton had played cupcakes all year...they would be 11-0 right now ranked first in the region and averaged 50 points a game and held the other teams to very few points...their backs are amazing...qb is very talented and one of the best tight ends in the state along with having a huge line...however...when you play Columbus Hartley, Watterson, Johnson Central, Ashland, Gallipolis, Burg, Oak Hill and Russell who all made the playoffs and three could easily win state championships...it takes a toll on a team that doesn't have much depth...now they are mostly healthy...saying St. C played a tough schedule and being ranked in the 80s as far as strenth of schedule...really?

Return to “Football”