MINFORD FALCONS 2013

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

Re: MINFORD FALCONS 2013

Post by Anonymous_Falcon_Fan »

Vladimir wrote:Hence the "Should be," only meaning they have the potential, for those of you who don't get that.

This O-line certainly has the talent to be just that, "The best in Minford history." Both OTs are 300+lbs and they are strong and can move. The OGs are both animals. They all have played these positions since pee-wee and have 1 year varsity experience under their belts, so the line "Jelling," together will not be an issue. The position lost to graduation is the Center, which is a key position, but Minford has plenty of kids that can play there so I'm not concerned.

With the deep backfield, I think Compton will be moved from FB to TE and he's 6'1 225, athletic and is strong as an ox (510 squat, 350 bench at state powerlifting meet in Kenton, Ohio early this spring.) Think what you want, but an O-line that has experience playing together ever since they've played organized football and that has dedicated itself to the weight room during the offseason will be dominate.
Nathan Compton has played TE during 7-on-7 and has done great there. As I said earlier, there is a good number of talent on offense this year. Looking forward to a special season. :12223

then what
Varsity

Post by then what »

Vladimir wrote:Hence the "Should be," only meaning they have the potential, for those of you who don't get that.

This O-line certainly has the talent to be just that, "The best in Minford history." Both OTs are 300+lbs and they are strong and can move. The OGs are both animals. They all have played these positions since pee-wee and have 1 year varsity experience under their belts, so the line "Jelling," together will not be an issue. The position lost to graduation is the Center, which is a key position, but Minford has plenty of kids that can play there so I'm not concerned.

With the deep backfield, I think Compton will be moved from FB to TE and he's 6'1 225, athletic and is strong as an ox (510 squat, 350 bench at state powerlifting meet in Kenton, Ohio early this spring.) Think what you want, but an O-line that has experience playing together ever since they've played organized football and that has dedicated itself to the weight room during the offseason will be dominate.
Burgs D-line will tear them up way to quick!

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

jagered wrote:The only bad thing that hurts Minford is they are the only D-4 team in besides Northwest in Scioto Co Per the OHSAA so they will be playing all D-5 schools except the school from Columbus I didn't look them up. So playing all the D-5 schools really hurts as far as playoff points and Valley is now D-6 so gonna be tough getting points and what sucks is it is all out of there control.
According to the OHSAA site minford is the only D4 school in scioto county.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

then what wrote:

Burgs D-line will tear them up way to quick!

Just like 'burgs d-line was able to stop just about every team that ran straight at them last year. lol Better worry about them Ironton Tigers first, cause they've pushed 'burg lines around like a bunch of little girls the past few years. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

minfordmamma
Riding the Bench

Post by minfordmamma »

Vladimir glad to see you back......NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

^ :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

A preview of Minford's region is now posted on "The Other Site". Looks like there's a ton of competition for 8 playoff spots. Very tough region, but Minford has the talent to get it done. Can't wait to see them in action!!

B0UNCE
Riding the Bench

Post by B0UNCE »

How did the Falcons do last night in the 7 on 7 ? The Waverly post states that out of the 4 teams Waverly looked the best.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Redmen Pirate has a pretty good take on it, based on my observations, which were pretty unbiased as I didn't have a kid playing, just was able to watch and be pretty objective (I think lol).

First, these 7 on 7's are what they are, there is no QB pressure or defense other than pass coverage....which is what is they are designed for obviously, route running, reading coverages and reacting and recognizing certain keys on both sides of the ball so given it is closer to flag football or 2-hand touch rather than Friday night you have to take things with a grain of salt.

But having said that, Minford had the better stable of athletes clearly, and Rock Hill and Jackson pretty evenly matched followed by Waverly. If a Waverly poster said that they (Waverly) was clearly the "frontrunner" then I was at a different event.

Jackson starting QB from last year on sidelines in street clothes and their tailback/wingback also in street clothes, both with shoulder issues that remains to be seen how it affects them come scrimmages and Game 1 on 8/31. Jackson was not as polished as Minford, but with a sophomore QB and some personnel with not alot of experience I thought they held their own. Clearly not as fast or athletic as Minford, but depending on your loyalties I thought pretty even with the Rock Hill group.

Good luck to all the teams...about 32 days +/- and counting.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

What is Minford's scrimmage schedule?

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

Badboy wrote:What is Minford's scrimmage schedule?
I know that their first scrimmage is Tuesday, August 13, and I believe the time is 10 AM.

How are 2-a-days going? Let's hear how the team is doing thus far... Can't wait for the regular season to start!!!!

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

So how was the first day of full contact???

Fan of The Blue and Gold
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of The Blue and Gold »

I think Minford is the team most likely to dethrone Valley as SOC Champs. I just believe Minford's offensive and defensive lines can matchup with Valley. I look forward to seeing both teams play this year. With that being said I also believe Wheelersburg could sneak in there and beat either team. But Championship football is built with the line on both sides of the ball. If Valley and Minford line it up and run it straight forward, I believe they are the top two teams. Best of luck to all teams on a healthy pre-season!

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

I think it will be more likely Burg, Minford and West at the top and in no particular order...yet.

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

Minford and Burg for sure.... West will be somewhere in the middle this year, they are just ok but still competitive! I'm not too sure about valley just yet but I'm sure their coaching staff won't make it easy for anybody to beat them this year either! Good luck to all the teams..... especially Da Burg!!!!!

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

We will see.

Riding the Bench

Post by 007 »

Valley and West for sure.... Minford will be somewhere in the middle this year, they are just ok but still competitive! I'm not too sure about Da Burg just yet but I'm sure their coaching staff won't make it easy for anybody to beat them this year either! Good luck to all the teams..... especially Valley!!!!! :lol:

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

Was at the South Point scrimmage last night, and I was very impressed with the Offense, as there was very good balance with the run and pass. The QB, Stapleton, looked very good IMHO. What I liked about him best was his pocket presence. The trust is there with his o-line. I even noticed a few pre-snap QB audibles which resulted in big explosive plays. The Defense started out struggling a bit with South Point's no-huddle, but slowly improved over the course of the scrimmage. No worries though, because this Falcon fan trusts in Coach Matiz to find the right combinations for his defense. Can't wait for the regular season to kick off!!!!!

Return to “Football”