Wellston head football coach job posted on OHSAA website

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Re: Wellston head football coach job posted on OHSAA website

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

Wellston Ironman wrote:
louie_15 wrote:Well lets get him officially hired so these kids can get in the weight room and get on a program. Also, The community (parents) has pumped Phillips up for months now, lets see if he can live up to the expectations

No offense to greg....btu he cant measure up to expectations in wellston....a town with no talent that thinks it should be in the NFL. The day he is hired begins the timer that counts down till he makes someone mad or loses too many games and will end with his firing. Thats Wellston for ya.... :lol:

Always remember....the best thing about people from wellston is that they have Jackson on their license plates. Free dessert for anyone wearing ironman gear into the store tonight from 6 - 9pm. Go JHS!
Did they let the two women from the board room cage match have some say in who they hired? If not, will we see a rematch at a future board meeting? :mrgreen:

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

What is taking so long to hire Phillips? Is there something going on behind the scenes that is holding this hire up that no ones knows about?

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

all will be revealed very soon

wrestlersdad6766
Freshman Team

Post by wrestlersdad6766 »

Well another board meeting gone by and I am yet to hear who is the new coach, does anybody know what is going on here?

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

Ground Buck wrote:
Did they let the two women from the board room cage match have some say in who they hired? If not, will we see a rematch at a future board meeting?
I think the board should fill the football coaching positions. Expand to a head coach, and four assistants and they could do the high school. Have the two ladies mentioned above do the Jr High. With one of them as OC and the other as DC just think of the competitive battles they could have in practice. :lol:

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Post by Wellston Ironman »

No one wants to face this but I am telling you all that secretly the BOE is considering cancelling the program. I overheard a board member in my store talking about how much money they could save if they scrapped the "dog and pony show" football program and started up soccer. I think this why the delay has been ongoing. Just remember two things:

1. You heard it here first!

2. The best thing about people from Wellston is that they have Jackson on their license plates. :lol:

Blue Duck
Freshman Team

Post by Blue Duck »

Wellston Ironman wrote:No one wants to face this but I am telling you all that secretly the BOE is considering cancelling the program. I overheard a board member in my store talking about how much money they could save if they scrapped the "dog and pony show" football program and started up soccer. I think this why the delay has been ongoing. Just remember two things:

1. You heard it here first!

2. The best thing about people from Wellston is that they have Jackson on their license plates. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: you are absolutely insane. That will NEVER happen. They haven't even enforced pay to play there yet. The jackson game gate alone pays for everything year round for football and other sports, not including their other home games gate $. People need to relax. A new coach will be named in near future and things will get rolling. VC won't even start their interview process until the february 12th board when the officially except their coach's resignation. So I think were doing pretty good.

wrestlersdad6766
Freshman Team

Post by wrestlersdad6766 »

A hire once decided should be quick not drawn out less time for the kids wondering who there guy is.. turns a lot of kids away from the program too..

Blue Duck
Freshman Team

Post by Blue Duck »

wrestlersdad6766 wrote:A hire once decided should be quick not drawn out less time for the kids wondering who there guy is.. turns a lot of kids away from the program too..
Oh hell Brett, a strung out hiring process is the least of the programs worry's at this point. And Like I said, it will happen soon.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Blue Duck wrote:
wrestlersdad6766 wrote:A hire once decided should be quick not drawn out less time for the kids wondering who there guy is.. turns a lot of kids away from the program too..
Oh hell Brett, a strung out hiring process is the least of the programs worry's at this point. And Like I said, it will happen soon.
The two game losing streak to VC is probably high up on that list of worries :)

Blue Duck
Freshman Team

Post by Blue Duck »

Dundas wrote:
Blue Duck wrote:
The two game losing streak to VC is probably high up on that list of worries :)
No i seriously doubt that. Yes vc beat wellston, but wellston had the better record and both ended up below .500. So i don't see that game meaning much. I will say this, i hope vc and wellston realize what they need as a coach and not let politics get in the way.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

^Agree. Blue Duck. Its been quite some time since that week 10 game has meant anything other than bragging rights. It still has to sting a little losing to VC, especially with VC having a worse record :)

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

Boardroom Brawler wrote:There holding out till I can make the meeting. And if that floozy shows her self again she'll get some more. Mark my words, they will hire who I want or else!
Glad to see someone has a handle on this situation. After all, warm weather is only a few months away and the boys will be itching to get in the weight room when it gets here. :mrgreen:

PIGSKIN
Freshman Team

Post by PIGSKIN »

Seasons over if you don't get to weight room till spring. Go a head and call it know so you can have good soccer season

PIGSKIN
Freshman Team

Post by PIGSKIN »

The way kids and teams train you can't afford to lose 4 months out of year. Wellston football out of frying pan into fire. People not happy with Hutch he was way better than nobody. Parents should petition Ohssa against school distict over not hiring coach and get permission to transfer without penalty. Why stay and get embarrassed for another season

captin midnight
Waterboy

Post by captin midnight »

Greg Phillips officially hired this morning.

chsballn
Freshman Team

Post by chsballn »

BEST of LUCK ! To Coach Phillips and to the Wellston Golden Rockets ! New Program, New Seasons to come !

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

I noticed both articles left out his record at St. Mary's. Anyone know what it was?

louie_15
Freshman Team

Post by louie_15 »

Ground Buck wrote:I noticed both articles left out his record at St. Mary's. Anyone know what it was?
Greg was 4-26 at St. Mary's in 3 seasons. Went 4-6 his first season in 2011 and 2012 and 2013 he was 0-20.

Return to “Football”