#4 Athens (11-0) vs #1 Tri Valley (11-0) - week 12

Poo Bear
SEOP

Re: #4 Athens (11-0) vs #1 Tri Valley (11-0) - week 12

Post by Poo Bear »

93Bulldog wrote:
moonshine wrote:
C-Bolt wrote:New Philly went 13-28 passing for 146 yards 1 td and 2 picks.They only got 21 yards rushing, Good Luck Dogs
Sounds like Tri-Valley was looking ahead! Also Tri-Valley plays a little bit tougher schedule overall than the bullpuppies! But this game will be a nail bitter! Will predict the outcome Friday!
Can you please come up with something other than strength of schedule - you do it every big game and rarely has it meant a thing.
I think with the addition of stubenville and Zanesville Athens did as good as they could to beef up their schedule to fit the team they have this year, however TriValley probably does play a little tougher schedule , but that will have no bearing on who wins this game.
Athens 48
Tri valley 28

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Its not like Tri Valley played a daunting schedule this year.

8/29 A Licking Valley (8-2) W 42-6
9/5 H Morgan (0-10) W 69-0
9/12 A Crooksville (5-5) W 49-7
9/19 H Zanesville (5-5) W 35-0
9/26 H New Lexington (5-5) W 38-7
10/3 A West Muskingum (2-8) W 48-7
10/10 A John Glenn (4-6) W 44-0
10/17 H Sheridan (8-2) W 34-0
10/24 H Maysville (9-1) W 35-7
10/31 A Philo (4-6) W 42-0

Athens and TV both played 2 playoff teams, and I'm pretty sure Athens had the best win (at Steubenville).

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

Hopefully that will be Athens best win this year ;)

fridaynightiger
Waterboy

Post by fridaynightiger »

Tri-Valley only lost one real impact player from last year, and added about 10 more. I believe that they are the more improved team in this match-up. If they play like they did the first 10 games of the year, they will win by 2 TDs. If they play like they did against New Philly, Athens will win by more than 20. Gonna be interesting, to say the least.

buckman
Freshman Team

Post by buckman »

Calpreps says 38-35 Tri Valley. Should be a good game. I'll probably head north and take this one in.

n4sir
Freshman Team

Post by n4sir »

Wheels will fall of the A train this week and the train will get derailed by the Scottie's Friday night!

saintsfan
Riding the Bench

Post by saintsfan »

No score prediction in this one just know it is going to be a great game, cold but great! I am interested in watching the Tri-Valley D vs the Athens O. I don't think Athens has seen a D quite like this. Steubenville had some good defensive players especially the Lb's and DB's. I think Tri-Valley front four are pretty good so that will be the matchup that I will be watching, Athens OL vs Tri-Valley DL. I think the Athens D is much improved this year with some good players. Not sure about Tri-Valley O only know they have good playmakers and athletes that the D will have to deal with. Looking forward to this one.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Does the predicted cold weather (mid 20's at game time) factor at all into the equation for the Athens offense?

I assume not much, unless there is some wind or precipitation involved which I do not think is expected.

Can TV score when they get possessions and can they create that rare play for Athens that thing, you know, that thing they call a punt?

Philos_Finest
All Conference

Post by Philos_Finest »

i don't see Athens stopping the Scotties offense. Tri-Valleys defense will easily be the best Athens has seen but they're still not good enough to shut down the Bulldog offense. But, they are good enough to slow them down and because of this I like the Scotties something around 59-49

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

doubleplay643 wrote:Does the predicted cold weather (mid 20's at game time) factor at all into the equation for the Athens offense?

I assume not much, unless there is some wind or precipitation involved which I do not think is expected.

Can TV score when they get possessions and can they create that rare play for Athens that thing, you know, that thing they call a punt?
Should be a factor but the cold weather didn't effect Athens high powered offense last week

Runner
SEO

Post by Runner »

The game will be aired live on Time Warner Cable Sports Channel

bigblue allday
Freshman Team

Post by bigblue allday »

Runner wrote:The game will be aired live on Time Warner Cable Sports Channel
Can you get this channel with direct tv. I know you can get some like California but wondered about in Ohio

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

TTomcat99 wrote:
Can you get this channel with direct tv. I know you can get some like California but wondered about in Ohio
If directTV was TWC then yes. Otherwise you should go visit a friend to watch it.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Pulling for the Bulldogs from the Jolly Roger.

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

Normally channel 411. Great to see that Athens fan can stay home and watch the game ;)

By the way, it was chilly last week. It will be cold this week.

buckfever
Riding the Bench

Post by buckfever »

I just don't understand why southeastern Ohio people are so negative against southeastern Ohio teams. I want to see them all succeed, it doesn't matter if there regular season schedule was tough or weak they made it to the next game. Let's pull together and support the remaining TVC schools to prove there is talent down here instead of wishing failure on these young men that have worked their tails off to get to where they are. This Athens team has been ridiculed since they started winning. Why? It's not the young mens fault they are in the league they are in, give them credit where credit is due. With this being said "Bulldogs it is up to you now, show them what you are made of, offense keep rolling and defense keep proving....PROVE IT ON THE FIELD ON FRIDAY And I am sure the TOMCATS WILL FOLLOW ON SATURDAY!!"
Last edited by buckfever on Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

buckfever wrote:I just don't understand why southeastern Ohio people are so negative against southeastern Ohio teams. I want to see them all succeed, it doesn't matter if there regular season schedule was tough or weak they made it to the next game. Let's pull together and support the remaining TVC schools to prove there is talent down here instead of wishing failure on these young men that have worked their tails off to get to where they are. This Athens team has been ridiculed since they started winning. Why? It's not they young mens fault they are in the league they are in, give them credit where credit is due. With this being said "Bulldogs it is up to you now, show them what you are made of, offense keep rolling and defense keep proving....PROVE IT ON THE FIELD ON FRIDAY And I am sure the TOMCATS WILL FOLLOW ON SATURDAY!!

Good post!

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

buckfever wrote:I just don't understand why southeastern Ohio people are so negative against southeastern Ohio teams. I want to see them all succeed, it doesn't matter if there regular season schedule was tough or weak they made it to the next game. Let's pull together and support the remaining TVC schools to prove there is talent down here instead of wishing failure on these young men that have worked their tails off to get to where they are. This Athens team has been ridiculed since they started winning. Why? It's not they young mens fault they are in the league they are in, give them credit where credit is due. With this being said "Bulldogs it is up to you now, show them what you are made of, offense keep rolling and defense keep proving....PROVE IT ON THE FIELD ON FRIDAY And I am sure the TOMCATS WILL FOLLOW ON SATURDAY!!
Its because they are JEALOUS

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Time to make my pick! This game comes down to the green dog defense against the scottie dog offense,I don't think anyone doubts the green dogs offense will be a load to stop.This will easily be the best offense the green dogs have seen all year,people will probably say "well what about Steubenville".Problem is Steubenville was handicapped playing with the back-up QB and still managed to put up 42 on the green dogs! Not saying they can't do it ,but I got to see it first because they got some pretty powerful offenses awaiting them in the wings that like to grind out the clock and keep the other offense off the field. If the green dogs can figure out a way to somehow stop the scottie dog offense the scotties are in huge trouble.I think the green dogs will get just enough stops to let the offense do their thing and win 42-38

bengals01
JV Team

Post by bengals01 »

teach1coach2 wrote:
Normally channel 411. Great to see that Athens fan can stay home and watch the game ;)

By the way, it was chilly last week. It will be cold this week.
not sure where you were last week. it was 27 at the game in The Plains I wouldn't call that just chilly.

Return to “Football”