wk5 Logan (1-3) @ Nelsonville-York (2-2)

ucantcme
Freshman Team

Re: wk5 Logan (1-3) @ Nelsonville-York (2-2)

Post by ucantcme »

Pladin is right on. NY is now D6 and I dont think you'll have any schools in this area growing. If Logan was up it would hurt them to have NY on the schedule. I'd be suprised if Logan keeps them past this contract. And How disfunctional is the TVC Ohio with teams like Warren, Jackson wanting in but our bigger schools in the league not wanting them in but keeping NY in the Ohio at div6.. Are you ever going to compete for championships in anything but a couple of sports. If it truly is to be fair for each school to compete there needs to be three divisions or all D6 schools and D7 schools to be in Hocking and the rest in the ohio. Pretty simple right? Apperently not.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Let's complain about NY being to small but pick up Miegs in a couple years...lmao.......Really?????????
It isn't like Meigs is suddenly going to have a population surge.......

If you guys were beating us you would be thumping your chests and telling us that you were doing us some great favor by playing us. Now that you can't beat your jr high team you sit around and make excuses as to why you shouldn't play us.

SUCK IT UP CUPCAKE.....CAUSE YOUR ABOUT TO GET BEAT AGAIN!

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

I think Logan can make a game of this. Probably getting tired of being told they are no good and don't stand a chance. 18-15 Logan

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Orange and Brown wrote:Let's complain about NY being to small but pick up Miegs in a couple years...lmao.......Really?????????

If you guys were beating us you would be thumping your chests and telling us that you were doing us some great favor by playing us. Now that you can't beat your jr high team you sit around and make excuses as to why you shouldn't play us.

SUCK IT UP CUPCAKE.....CAUSE YOUR ABOUT TO GET BEAT AGAIN!
What the series overall record? When I was in school we put a hurting on the buchtel boy's 64-0 and 64-20!

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

This is why the N-Y game needs replaced -- Logan WON all but 12 games of the first 82 games played with Nelsonville ( plus 4 ties). Even after the consolidation, Logan won the first 10 straight games vs N-Y and now holds a 21-8 margin over N-Y with scores of 64-0, 64-20, 34-14, 50-0, 45-0, 50-6 and 46-19 among other wins. How is that series competitive ? It isn't and the record reflects that. Other than bragging rights, neither team gain in it being played. Better competition for both can be found. And because of the size difference , you have to be stupid to think it will change in another 80+years. Competition is the goal, not a pizzing match.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Paladin wrote:Everyone, like it or not , can control their non-league scheduling. That's what this is about. Getting teams that challenges you to get better, not win 80% of your games against them with little chance of winning. Teams will have up and down cycles, but simply being in the playoffs one year or so doesn't make you a competitive program.. Bigger schools, which Logan is, will provide better overall competition year after year if similar schools are played. Look at the overall series with N-Y. It is a joke. Certainly when Logan is down, N-Y can win. But look at what happens when Logan isn't down and look at the scores. Lancaster is a program who runs a disproportionate program with multiple Jr. Hi schools AND a larger enrollment. That's a foolish match-up. Pickerington North used to be a patsy. Look at them now. Same for Reynoldsburg. You schedule people you have a chance to compete with and can expect to win 50% of the time. When you win 80% of the time or more, move on. Nothing to be gained. The same is true if you are losing to a team 80% of the time or more over extended years.

This is the major reason most in SEO football FAIL come playoff time or meet a fate of a butt kicking playing outside the region where others challenge their players with better schedules. Loudonville won't be on the schedule long and neither should N-Y or Lancaster. Look at the long term series. Both should be replaced.
So you want 10 games on your schedule that you can win half of the time? Am I reading this correctly? My estimation is you go 5-5 a lot in that case and the chance of making the playoffs are out the door with that logic. Good programs know that you can't run into a brick wall every Friday night and make any kind of a run at the playoffs let alone in the playoffs. Most contracts are 2 years at a time and schedules are adjustable with the ups and downs to give the team the best chance to compete and win as many games as they can.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Paladin, I agree that a team should be challenged but we have a differing opinion of where a challenge can come from. I also agree that the best of the best play awesome schedules and are often rewarded come playoff time but even they schedule half of their games with teams they know they will beat 90% of the time. Cardinal Mooney took it to an extreme and played a great schedule last year and could have made a run at a state title in the post season but the problem is they didn't win enough to qualify so you have to be careful not to overdue it. I know that Logan has dominated the overall series with N-Y but the since the series has resumed in the last couple of seasons the Buckeyes have shown to be more than challenging to Logan. Should the series continue for the next 20 seasons? Probably not but until you start putting points on the board and beating them again then there is no reason not to play. If you lose to N-Y or St. Eds or whoever it still gives you a grand total of 0 computer points and you don't feel good about it either way.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Orange and Brown wrote:Let's complain about NY being to small but pick up Miegs in a couple years...lmao.......Really?????????
It's a two-year deal. Don't think either school expects the series to last longer than that.

It's a stop gap until each school can find someone else.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Cardinal Mooney is a GREAT example. People who know they won't compete with CM 80 or 90 % of the time now refuse to play them.. Poor Cardinal Mooney ? B.S. They are now playing teams that will beat them and the competition is great for the OTHER team. CM is a poor example because most teams in Ohio are public schools where talent is in up & down cycles and over long periods of time you want a 50% chance of winning over time and not getting your butt beat as N-Y does. What is a couple of years in the overall series ? Not much and worthless to your program. Most should be glad you are doing the scheduling, A-Town ( sarcasm !!). I did scheduling for 5 years. And wouldn't you know it, picked up N-Y after the consolidation, winning 3 of the 4 game series.... a smaller school easily beating a bigger school. But I knew the competitive level to play. People who are good will be a challenge for some, but people who are domineering will be avoided ( Mooney). If you had to schedule for Mooney, you wouldn't have a schedule, except for 3 or 4 games. How does that work out for the playoffs............... :lol: :lol: :lol:

As it stands, the people in charge already know what I know and change was coming as we just found out.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Are you saying that Mooney couldn't have played a schedule closer to that Akron SVSM? That is a total load of crap and you know it. Mooney blew SVSM off of the field last year but managed only three wins and found themselves at home week 11 while SVSM went on to win a state title. Which team do you think people will remember and still be talking about 20 years from now, a really good 3-6 team or the D3 State Champions? Again, I agree with you in principal. All I'm saying is there is a fine line to walk when it comes to scheduling and you have to be careful not to bury your program in the down years of talent that you mentioned.

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

Paladin wrote:Cardinal Mooney is a GREAT example. People who know they won't compete with CM 80 or 90 % of the time now refuse to play them.. Poor Cardinal Mooney ? B.S. They are now playing teams that will beat them and the competition is great for the OTHER team. CM is a poor example because most teams in Ohio are public schools where talent is in up & down cycles and over long periods of time you want a 50% chance of winning over time and not getting your butt beat as N-Y does. What is a couple of years in the overall series ? Not much and worthless to your program. Most should be glad you are doing the scheduling, A-Town ( sarcasm !!). I did scheduling for 5 years. And wouldn't you know it, picked up N-Y after the consolidation, winning 3 of the 4 game series.... a smaller school easily beating a bigger school. But I knew the competitive level to play. People who are good will be a challenge for some, but people who are domineering will be avoided ( Mooney). If you had to schedule for Mooney, you wouldn't have a schedule, except for 3 or 4 games. How does that work out for the playoffs............... :lol: :lol: :lol:

As it stands, the people in charge already know what I know and change was coming as we just found out.

Once again

"The OLD men who think they know it all"
from The Boys of Fall

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

It isn't relevant to want you think or want -- people will not play Mooney. They have to take what they can get to make a schedule. They don't control the process. If D-I parochials will schedule them, that's what they have to take. The fact is Mooney is currently in a down cycle, albeit with larger schools to play. The real story here is Akron SVSM -- have NEVER beaten Mooney ... EVER... till this season. First win over the Cardinals. Our converstion is about public schools scheduling where you CAN control who you play. You look foolish trying to make your pointless point.

I live up here and know the difficuly Mooney now has to fill a schedule. Out of state and Canadian teams are now an option for them. Most publics won't play them and neither will most smaller parochials, so you are left with big parochails. That's a FACT !

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

Paladin wrote:It isn't relevant to want you think or want -- people will not play Mooney. They have to take what they can get to make a schedule. They don't control the process. If D-I parochials will schedule them, that's what they have to take. The fact is Mooney is currently in a down cycle, albeit with larger schools to play. The real story here is Akron SVSM -- have NEVER beaten Mooney ... EVER... till this season. First win over the Cardinals. Our converstion is about public schools scheduling where you CAN control who you play. You look foolish trying to make your pointless point.

Foolish,,,,Foolish,,,,, You are the one that gets on a public forum and thumps their chest about how stupid everyone is,,,,but not you,,,, you know it ALL.
Hey DIP$HITTSKY It's a bunch of kids playing a GAME,,that's right,,, it's a game. Let em play the GAME !!!!!!!!!

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Game day prediction, Which ever team avoids the costly mistakes will more than likely to win this game ! Both teams are move even this year and Logan is more disciplined and starting to play under control.

Logan 23
NY 21

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

GO CHIEFS!!

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

This should be a good one, glad I'll get to watch the replay on TV.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I bet the Logan Boosters like to play NY when all of that $$$ comes rolling in from attendance figures. What schools can you replace NY with on the schedule that will generate that kind of money? I guess you could play a larger school out of the region that will bring 5 fans with them to Logan when they play at Chieftan Stadium.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

TIME TO DO WORK BUCKEYES!!!!!!!!
GAME DAY!

spankymonkey62
Waterboy

Post by spankymonkey62 »

Bring new Lex back on the schedule it was always a big gate game
This week Logan 35 NY 13

bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

agree with the New Lex.....big gate and a good program.....don't need a big school who brings no fans........and cost to travel too.....GO CHIEFS......BEAT THE BUCKS.....only time ever root against them... 8) :!: :idea:

Return to “Football”