Portsmouth West. Vs Wheelersburg Pirates Updates

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Re: Portsmouth West. Vs Wheelersburg Pirates Updates

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

The Flash wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:22 pm
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:20 pm
The Flash wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:17 pm Does West’s kicker have offers? Pregame he was drilling bombs
And those punts. Wow. Kid has a great leg.
Yep. Burg kicker has a good leg too but that long wind up hurts him. I saw that blocked FG coming
Yea. It took a little too long. It didn’t hurt anything tho.

Hylander
JV Team

Post by Hylander »

The Flash wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:17 pm Does West’s kicker have offers? Pregame he was drilling bombs
Yeah, I'm pretty sure he does. I'm not sure where to though.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Hylander wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:26 pm
Yeah, I'm pretty sure he does. I'm not sure where to though.
Jackson had a good kicker, but this kid was great.

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

Congrats to burg SOC11 champs, good luck the rest of the way

You can't handle the truth
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Congrats to west on one HELL of a game. They played their hearts out they just ran into a road block.

It looks like burg might be gettin martins ferry next wk and west might be gettin bishop ready. According to joe eitel fairland is eliminated. It's close between ready and ferry for 7th n 8th

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

The Flash wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:23 pm Congrats to West on a great effort but Burgs dominance showed. Classy game and classy fans from what I was around. Good luck to both, hopefully we get a rematch in a couple weeks
Well said. I was very impressed with the sportsmanship. Hopefully we see a rematch in wk 13. If it happens hopefully the ohsaa don't do anything stupid and send the game to athens or somewhere like that

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:33 pm
The Flash wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:23 pm Congrats to West on a great effort but Burgs dominance showed. Classy game and classy fans from what I was around. Good luck to both, hopefully we get a rematch in a couple weeks
Well said. I was very impressed with the sportsmanship. Hopefully we see a rematch in wk 13. If it happens hopefully the ohsaa don't do anything stupid and send the game to athens or somewhere like that
IF it does. I would say Jackson or Waverly. Couldn’t get lucky and get Ptown.

The Flash
Varsity

Post by The Flash »

Valley hopefully

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:35 pm
Doubt it would be jackson. They could still be in the playoffs

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Very proud of West's effort tonight. I thought they played their butts off. Just couldn't finish the drives inside the 30. Think we're definitely headed in the right direction. Regroup and get a W next week.
Wheelersburg has a very good team.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:40 pm

Nope. Not gonna happen.

Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:13 pm
The Oaf wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:12 pm
Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:04 pm Is that a clock I hear running ?!?!?!?! I can barely hear it over the sound of crickets coming from the West sideline.
Classy! :lol:
But there was absolutely no way Burg could have put a running clock on West.
Obviously west fans would know about class.... I especially liked how they started leaving when the 4th quarter started... forget that West is 9-1 and hosting a playoff game, or that they’ve played their asses off all season long. Let’s leave early and let our team see us as the fair weather fans we are. #CLASSY!!

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:49 pm
Mad-Dogg wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:40 pm

Nope. Not gonna happen.
What won't happen

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

With coach woodward gettin his 100th career win tonight. if what i seen on maxpreps he's only 73 wins behind ed for first all time
Last edited by Mad-Dogg on Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

Love the classy posts from both sides. West played extremely hard And had their opportunities but just couldn't make the needed plays near the red zone. I thought burg play calling in the 1st quarter was very impatient. Trying too hard to hit the big play and not running the ball to set things up. Tackling was lousy as well. Maybe a little less confident in the running game with Reyes out. I thought we settled down in the 2nd qtr and really started taking what west was giving them with the little out routes. Thought the soph Matthews played outstanding. Once burg got the lead. It really took west out of their comfort game in the 2nd half cause they couldn't control the clock and run Hurd. Good luck to west the resat of the way. Hope we get to do it again week 13. They have a great team that may be the most improved team in the state. From where they were week 1 Great job by the west staff Moving on to week 11. Go pirates.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Great job Pirates! If I've said it once I've said it 9 other times this year, this Burg team just flat wears the other team out. 9 running clocks this year and Jackson could have easily been 10. Burg too many weapons on offense (and this is with their best RB standing on the sidelines in Reyes). Defense is just nasty against the run. Don't think West had a run all night over 8 yards. Pass defense had that bend but don't break mentality. Take away that first play and West total yards had to be less than 150.

Anyone know what the personal foul penalty on Lowery in the 1st qtr was about???? That sideline ref on the Burg side was probably the worst I've ever seen.

Can anyone answer as to why on two Burg kickoffs the West runner stepped into the end zone and then brought the ball out? Once he touched the end zone isn't that a dead ball????

Good luck Burg and West next week in the second season. Could be a possible week 13 matchup

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:54 pm With coach woodward gettin his 100th career win tonight. Anyone know how far behind ed he is for our all time wins

Not sure of the exact number, but I think Ed had around 250 wins while at the Burg so he is 15 or more years away of getting close to that number.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:09 pm
Mad-Dogg wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:54 pm With coach woodward gettin his 100th career win tonight. Anyone know how far behind ed he is for our all time wins

Not sure of the exact number, but I think Ed had around 250 wins while at the Burg so he is 15 or more years away of getting close to that number.
i just seen on maxpreps that ed had 170 wins at burg and 250 for his career

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
The Flash
Varsity

Post by The Flash »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:07 pm Great job Pirates! If I've said it once I've said it 9 other times this year, this Burg team just flat wears the other team out. 9 running clocks this year and Jackson could have easily been 10. Burg too many weapons on offense (and this is with their best RB standing on the sidelines in Reyes). Defense is just nasty against the run. Don't think West had a run all night over 8 yards. Pass defense had that bend but don't break mentality. Take away that first play and West total yards had to be less than 150.

Anyone know what the personal foul penalty on Lowery in the 1st qtr was about???? That sideline ref on the Burg side was probably the worst I've ever seen.

Can anyone answer as to why on two Burg kickoffs the West runner stepped into the end zone and then brought the ball out? Once he touched the end zone isn't that a dead ball????

Good luck Burg and West next week in the second season. Could be a possible week 13 matchup
The PF was for an illegal block. OHSAA made it illegal for players to lead with their shoulders

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Reyes is a good player but don't forget Berry for West was a big loss. He's a great two way player with speed. We really miss him. Outside shot he could play again if we go far enough

Return to “Football”