Wheelersburg 28 Ironton 6

fbnut
SEOP

Re: SOMEBODY HAD TO. WHEELERSBURG VS. IRONTON 2018.

Post by fbnut »

Whatever happened to the guy that was clearing out the trophy case a few years back for all those state championships the tigers were going to win in footballl and basketball?

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Not confirmed but QB Salyers and another player are enrolling at Raceland

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

Don't believe it. I was told no one is leaving. As far as I know the kids like Vass.

Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

79Tiger wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:23 pm Not confirmed but QB Salyers and another player are enrolling at Raceland
I’m confirming for you that IS NOT TRUE!!!

Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

Mavrick2016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:23 pm Don't believe it. I was told no one is leaving. As far as I know the kids like Vass.
You are correct. The boys love Vass and all of the coaching staff.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I'm hearing the same thing. maybe as many as 4 people. I hope it's just a rumor.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

Kleao wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:12 am
Mavrick2016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:23 pm Don't believe it. I was told no one is leaving. As far as I know the kids like Vass.
Most of the time in these situations kids that transfer is more about the parents than the kids

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Liking the staff and respecting the staff are two separate things. Showing up after two a days and getting to start is not respecting the coaches or teammates. Demanding to only play a certain position or only playing one way is another example. If I tried this way back when, I would be told to take a hike and not come back until my attitude changed. A successful program means rules apply to all, not some.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
Osu fan
Waterboy

Post by Osu fan »

Vass has done a good job. It's amazing to me the amount of criticism his own people have given him. He has won conference championships and taken every one of his teams to the playoffs until this season. Not to mention having the task of replacing a living legend.

Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

Osu fan wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:19 pm Vass has done a good job. It's amazing to me the amount of criticism his own people have given him. He has won conference championships and taken every one of his teams to the playoffs until this season. Not to mention having the task of replacing a living legend.
Exactly! I think it wouldn’t matter who the coach was at Ironton. People would complain because it’s not Lutz! So many injuries this year the season was bound to be dismal. Especially when 2 of your best players are out. It makes a huge difference.

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

Osu fan wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:19 pm Vass has done a good job. It's amazing to me the amount of criticism his own people have given him. He has won conference championships and taken every one of his teams to the playoffs until this season. Not to mention having the task of replacing a living legend.
No offense, but until this past season, the OVC was the weakest, most watered down league in the state of Ohio.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

JTEK wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:04 am
Most of the time in these situations kids that transfer is more about the parents than the kids

I would tend to agree to that. in my case my kids lived 8 miles out 141 and attended the rock hill district. I was only 2 houses from the symmes valley district. and to the rock hill complex from my house was 16 miles one way. that means a lot, especially when having 2 sons in 2 different grades traveling for sports. and having to constantly drive them to and from. and it was twice as close to pack my kids on into ironton, so I did.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

79Tiger wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:28 am
Liking the staff and respecting the staff are two separate things. Showing up after two a days and getting to start is not respecting the coaches or teammates. Demanding to only play a certain position or only playing one way is another example. If I tried this way back when, I would be told to take a hike and not come back until my attitude changed. A successful program means rules apply to all, not some.
I couldn't agree more. if one of us had told coach lutz that well, --------------------------------------------------- it's unimaginable.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Kleao wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:20 pm
Exactly! I think it wouldn’t matter who the coach was at Ironton. People would complain because it’s not Lutz! So many injuries this year the season was bound to be dismal. Especially when 2 of your best players are out. It makes a huge difference.
every year that's all we hear is excuses, gonna be better next year, just wait n see. too many injuries, d1 players out the wazzoo.just like my cincy bengals ironton has had as much if not more talent than anybody, and can't get it done. nobody will ever convince me year in and year out that we don't have the horses in our stalls to get it done. ---------------- heck the burg qb played the 2nd half of a state game on a broken leg. in a game with brutal hitting. it's all about drive and desire and coaches and players both have to have that to have a successful program. while I would never advocate a player playing on a broken leg. it's pretty dang legendary finding it out afterwards. I saw him coming to the sidelines barely able to walk, and a team mate tried to help him and salyers shoved him away. that's what I'm talking about.

Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:33 am
Kleao wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:20 pm
every year that's all we hear is excuses, gonna be better next year, just wait n see. too many injuries, d1 players out the wazzoo.just like my cincy bengals ironton has had as much if not more talent than anybody, and can't get it done. nobody will ever convince me year in and year out that we don't have the horses in our stalls to get it done. ---------------- heck the burg qb played the 2nd half of a state game on a broken leg. in a game with brutal hitting. it's all about drive and desire and coaches and players both have to have that to have a successful program. while I would never advocate a player playing on a broken leg. it's pretty dang legendary finding it out afterwards. I saw him coming to the sidelines barely able to walk, and a team mate tried to help him and salyers shoved him away. that's what I'm talking about.
Ironton is not Burg. They do not have 90 plus players to replace a player after injury or to catch a breath. They have fresh legs every play. No doubt Burg is a great team with many talented players. Stop trying to compare Ironton to Burg. For someone who is such a “big fan” of The Ironton Fighting Tigers you do nothing but criticize the boys and coaching staff. You blab your jaws constantly about things you “hear” from your “reliable source”! So many things I see you post are so ridiculous and big lies that I’m pretty sure you just make stuff up just to have a conversation with someone. You are not a supporter of Ironton and you definitely don’t know half of what you think you do. You stir the pot as much as you possibly can. I mean geez you start a thread about the Ironton/Burg game before Burgs season was even over. For what reason other than to see how many people you can get to bash Ironton, the boys and the coaching staff. You are drama. You are a wolf in sheeps clothing. I’m curious if you even played football? I know you may have been on the team, but did you play? Actually I don’t care. Stop bashing this team. You don’t know these players and you don’t attend the games. Just stop with your nonsense.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

YAWN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I DONE FORGOT MORE ABOUT FOOTBALL BY VIRTUE OF AGE THAN ALOT OF YOU MAY THINK. I POST ON HERE NO DIFFERENT THAN ANYBODY ELSE. AND MORE OFTEN THAN NOT IF I TELL YOU SOMETHING, YOU CAN GENERALLY TAKE IT TO THE BANK.

Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:10 am I DONE FORGOT MORE ABOUT FOOTBALL BY VIRTUE OF AGE THAN ALOT OF YOU MAY THINK. I POST ON HERE NO DIFFERENT THAN ANYBODY ELSE. AND MORE OFTEN THAN NOT IF I TELL YOU SOMETHING, YOU CAN GENERALLY TAKE IT TO THE BANK.
No you can’t! You are a drama queen that loves to gossip! I guess you have nothing better to do! You seek people out on FB and direct message people trying to see what rumors or gossip you can find out, Because you love to post about your reliable source!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I don't know where you heard that. if I pm somebody to chat that's my business. if I pm somebody going through a situation it is to pray for or with a friend. check your sources, lol
reliable course by my own admission is a poor choice of words. I'm not behind any movement to dethrone anyone or investigating. but if I told you I heard something,then it's all ready public knowledge, because I keep a secret like you wouldn't believe. and if I repeat something that is public knowledge, I would only do so if the person that told me had been previously proven to me as trustworthy.

tobehonest
Waterboy

2018 Ironton @ Wheelersburg Football

Post by tobehonest »

Thoughts?

Return to “Football”