Waverly 13 - 48 Amanda CC

Shoedaddy
Freshman Team

Re: WK 5: Amanda Clearcreek (4-0) 13 @ Waverly (3-1) 48

Post by Shoedaddy »

Omega wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:26 pm Thanks everyone for the game updates and stats!

Question for those in attendance. Was AC focusing on Shoemaker and discounting the possibility that Shanks would play?
AC stayed in man all night and focused on stopping the run. When Shanks is throwing it like that Waverly will be tough to beat. Load the box & watch the ball fly. Play 2 deep and watch Payton run by you. Took starters out midway through the 3rd quarter, could have easily scored 70

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: WK 5: Amanda Clearcreek (4-0) 13 @ Waverly (3-1) 48

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats Waverly. I knew the Tigers had a good offense, but I didn't know how good without your QB. I was concerned about your defense after the Unioto game, you proved to me that you could also play pretty good defense.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: Waverly 13 - 48 Amanda CC

Post by smurray »

This game showed the importance of Shanks, even at just 50-60%. Everybody was comparing this game to the Unioto game. Waverly was not prepared for what was going to happen in the Unioto game: Shanks had taken a couple bad hits the week before at Zane Trace and was probably at about 40% entering the Unioto game. Most of his passes were off early and everyone was wondering how he was even playing. Then he went down and out, still in the first quarter. Waverly had not prepared that week to do anything else other than having Shanks. The wheels fell off and that game is now history.
Shanks was out and they knew he would be out for the Fairland game so they made preparations all week for Shoemaker to be in the wildcat - success as we all know. Amanda had no idea what to plan for - will Shanks be back, is he out, will Shoe be in the wildcat, etc. etc.

Shanks had two weeks (from the Unioto game to last night) to get back to the 50-60% he was at last night. The OFFENSIVE LINE did an amazing job keeping him upright, protected & clean in order for him to deliver those strikes to his talented and athletic receivers. I can only remember one bad throw and the rest were tight and on target. Can you imagine if Shanks was at 100%??????

Tigers are getting everybody back from injuries so the key now is Shanks. If he continues to play it is imperative the Offensive line protects him...…
Tigers travel to West next Friday to open up SOC2 play. While West is down this year the Tigers cannot take them lightly (remember ZT). It would be nice jump out early & big on them in order to rest Shanks (if he plays) and others.

bucknuts09
Freshman Team

Post by bucknuts09 »

What a game for the Tigers, I feel like the Unioto game was exactly what the young Tigers needed to get the output of last night ! Keep the momentum rolling !

Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

I still think Waverly is one of two favorites to win the SOC , the Minford and Waverly game could very well decide that leagues title.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Prime Time wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:41 pm I still think Waverly is one of two favorites to win the SOC , the Minford and Waverly game could very well decide that leagues title.
Waverly has West on the road and then home against Valley before traveling to Wheelersburg.
Hopefully the Tigers take care of business the next two weeks without further injuries to set up the showdown along the river.
Of course much of the Tigers success depends on the health of Shanks. Last night shows what the Tigers can do when Shanks is available at even just 50-60%.

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

Solid win for Waverly. Amanda is still trying to figure out what happened! I imagine the Clear Creek faithful are shell shocked.

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Re: WK 5: Amanda Clearcreek (4-0) @ Waverly (3-1)

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:01 pm What a dominating win. I was wrong.

Congrats
It's OK Ironman...I did it to you guys too. lol

Return to “Football”