Wheelersburg 21 - 20 Minford

vladimir
S

Re: Week 6: SOCII Burg @ Minford

Post by vladimir »

laser breath wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:04 pm
vladimir wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:33 pm
laser breath wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:57 pm

Oh I’ve heard of them, just not the football team. Ironton was always a division higher than burg until about 10 years or so. Check the overall series last 10 seasons.

Overall burg is the best overall to the respect to their division all time in southern Ohio.
Ok, so now you've went from, "The Best in So. Ohio,' to 'The best in SE. Ohio,' to 'The best in their Division,' to 'The best in their division in the past 10-yrs." You're so full of crap, it hilarious!

So what's next, I can't wait to hear it. lol! I bet it's "The best in Scioto Co...." I guess, I'd have to give you that.

The past 10-yrs is irrelevant, it's the overall series that matters, and that still belongs to Ironton no matter how you try and justify it. You're trying to pick and choose yrs still doesn't change the fact that overall Ironton owns your butt.

Check your DIV records on Massie in the past 10-yrs, and you'll see your proclamation "Overall burg is the best overall to the respect to their division all time in southern Ohio," is false.

As far as Clinton-Massie, they are the best small school in So. Ohio football by leaps and bounds. And that's a fact Jack!
Clinton Massie has one state championship, so does burg in the last 10 years. What else you got. If burg was d4 and had more talent to choose from more enrollment, they’d be right with them, that’s A fact!

Burg is the best southern Ohio team with their respective divisions. Period.
See there you go again livin' in your fantasy land. lol! This is what I've got, the facts:

Clinton-Massie 2012
11/23 N # Bishop Hartley (13-1) [4:14] W 45-21
11/30 N # St Clairsville (14-1) [4:15] W 46-36
Division IV State Champ.

Clinton-Massie 2013 Football
11/29 N # Kenton (13-1) [4:12] W 21-20
12/6 N # Cardinal Mooney (10-5) [4:11] W 27-21
Division IV State Champ.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

vladimir wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:10 pm
laser breath wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:04 pm

Ok, so now you've went from, "The Best in So. Ohio,' to 'The best in SE. Ohio,' to 'The best in their Division,' to 'The best in their division in the past 10-yrs." You're so full of crap, it hilarious!

So what's next, I can't wait to hear it. lol! I bet it's "The best in Scioto Co...." I guess, I'd have to give you that.

The past 10-yrs is irrelevant, it's the overall series that matters, and that still belongs to Ironton no matter how you try and justify it. You're trying to pick and choose yrs still doesn't change the fact that overall Ironton owns your butt.

Check your DIV records on Massie in the past 10-yrs, and you'll see your proclamation "Overall burg is the best overall to the respect to their division all time in southern Ohio," is false.

As far as Clinton-Massie, they are the best small school in So. Ohio football by leaps and bounds. And that's a fact Jack!
Clinton Massie has one state championship, so does burg in the last 10 years. What else you got. If burg was d4 and had more talent to choose from more enrollment, they’d be right with them, that’s A fact!

Burg is the best southern Ohio team with their respective divisions. Period.
See there you go again livin' in your fantasy land. lol! Another hubris remark that's full of fiction.

This is what I've got, the facts, Jack:

Clinton-Massie 2012
11/23 N # Bishop Hartley (13-1) [4:14] W 45-21
11/30 N # St Clairsville (14-1) [4:15] W 46-36
Division IV State Champ.

Clinton-Massie 2013 Football
11/29 N # Kenton (13-1) [4:12] W 21-20
12/6 N # Cardinal Mooney (10-5) [4:11] W 27-21
Division IV State Champ.

Clinton-Massie 2017 Football (13-2)
9/1 H Coldwater (9-4) [6:24] W 24-14
11/10 N # Valley View (11-1) [4:16] W 28-20
11/17 N # Wyoming (12-1) [4:16] W 28-7
11/24 N # John Glenn (11-3) [4:15] W 28-21
12/2 N # Steubenville (15-0) [4:13] L 36-50
DIV State Runner-up
And, Ironton still owns your butts! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Last edited by vladimir on Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

How about they are both great teams ?

I doubt either of you are going to change the other’s mind.

Also, the Minford kids and posters could care less.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

vladimir wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:58 pm
greygoose wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:42 am Well here we go what a lot of Minford fans have been waiting for. I do believe this could be a close game, however my worries are all the pressure is on Minford.
I disagree, W'burg is the one who all the pressure is on b/c another loss really means basketballs are in their near future. Burg has still yet to find an identity on the offensive side of the ball. Also, I'm hearing that Mathews took another big shot to his knee at the end of the Jackson game and isn't 100%.

If Minford can set the edge and contain, they'll be fine. Wilmington had a huge, athletic offensive line, bigger than Jackson's, and Minford's DL/LB's held their own with them. As another poster said, I wouldn't be surprised to see Burg run a Wishbone and try to power run the ball until Minford stops them. This group of Minford kids will be focused and fired up to play, don't anyone worry about that.
Oh I don't even know how you can disagree. Burg is already sitting at 3 losses and others have written them off. They're just playing with house money, plus they have games against valley and Waverly 2 teams with winning records. Minford has 1 win against a team with a winning record and in years past when they've found themselves in this position they've lost and then their season unravels. So absolutely all pressure is on Minford, you don't have this burg stigma hanging over your head for this long and not feel pressure. For burg it's Minford we know them, we've both been here before.

Now as far as their offense I felt at the beginning of the year burg needed to go back to little more old school conventional offense. Should be a good game Friday hope Minford gets over that hump but I'm going to need to see it first. Minford has beaten the teams they were supposed to beat now I need to see them beat the one they're not used to beating.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

^ I guess that's just a matter of opinion. Minford kids are focused, and will just go out there and play their game. Minford also still has Waverly and Valley.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Minford 28
Burg 21

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

All I can add is nothing else matters but this Friday night's game . Burg 2 and 3 and Minford 5 and 0. All the other stuff is history and past history doesn't win ballgames. We will see who shows up to play and who is going to lose real quick. Unfortunately Burg is down and no need to make excuses. Is it lack of talent, playing underclassmen? Who knows but when those kids line it up Friday night, cheer for them just the same as you did in 17, 18 and all the other great years they had. Most of the Burg kids were there for those years. I have seen in other posts, some folks have said Burg kids quit against Ironton and Jackson this year. Shame on you because you obviously havent been around Burg kids then. Congrats to Minford on a great start and let's hope for an injury free game.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

The Nature Boy wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:37 pm All I can add is nothing else matters but this Friday night's game . Burg 2 and 3 and Minford 5 and 0. All the other stuff is history and past history doesn't win ballgames. We will see who shows up to play and who is going to lose real quick. Unfortunately Burg is down and no need to make excuses. Is it lack of talent, playing underclassmen? Who knows but when those kids line it up Friday night, cheer for them just the same as you did in 17, 18 and all the other great years they had. Most of the Burg kids were there for those years. I have seen in other posts, some folks have said Burg kids quit against Ironton and Jackson this year. Shame on you because you obviously haven't been around Burg kids then. Congrats to Minford on a great start and let's hope for an injury free game.
Good post!! I agree it should be a good game. I get wound up when ppl come on here and made blowout predictions, make fictional remarks, and/or disrespect kids. I expect both teams to have a hard fought shootout, and it will be the team that has the ball last that will prevail.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

vladimir wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:08 pm
The Nature Boy wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:37 pm All I can add is nothing else matters but this Friday night's game . Burg 2 and 3 and Minford 5 and 0. All the other stuff is history and past history doesn't win ballgames. We will see who shows up to play and who is going to lose real quick. Unfortunately Burg is down and no need to make excuses. Is it lack of talent, playing underclassmen? Who knows but when those kids line it up Friday night, cheer for them just the same as you did in 17, 18 and all the other great years they had. Most of the Burg kids were there for those years. I have seen in other posts, some folks have said Burg kids quit against Ironton and Jackson this year. Shame on you because you obviously haven't been around Burg kids then. Congrats to Minford on a great start and let's hope for an injury free game.
Good post!! I agree it should be a good game. I get wound up when ppl come on here and made blowout predictions, make fictional remarks, and/or disrespect kids. I expect both teams to have a hard fought shootout, and it will be the team that has the ball last that will prevail.

Burg will win!
No way, I got Minford!
No way, Burg wins this one!
Minford will mop the field with them!
Burg has dominated this game over the years, they will win!
Minford hasn't lost this year, they will for sure win!

Conversation I overheard between two 5th graders the other day or wait maybe that is what I have been reading on here, just seems like 5th graders.

Burg needs to come prepared or they could be going home with a loss. Minford is legit this year and they are hungry to knock Burg off of their throne. Burg is still the king of the mountain until someone does knock them down. Burg will need to pick up the intensity if they want to stay there. They just don't seem to have the swagger that they have had in years past. Time to get the Mojo going again and get that back!

To be a champion you have to play like a champion! For the Burg, that starts this Friday night!

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

The last time Burg lost a Conference game was 10/25/2013 vs Valley at Home, 10-7. That’s 21 consecutive conference games won by Wheelersburg.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

So I have a question to Minford fans.....

Through 5 weeks, the case can be made that EVL is the best player in the conference. At the least he's in the conversation with Matthews and Shoe. My question is, what did he do this off season to get so much better? I watched Minford week 10 of last season and Valley just dominated the Falcon offense. Was he not ready last year? Was the other kid better at that point?

FalconFever02
Freshman Team

Post by FalconFever02 »

14U wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:08 am I’ve said this for 35 years that Minford has a good team every 10-15 years and this is their year!! Can they beat a 2-3 burg team? The holes they lose this year will be hard to have another year like this one next year. Like another poster said this is Minfords year. Then again will that one letter “W” beat them again. If burg doesn’t work on their tackling this week it could be along night. Also burgs passing game needs to improve as dropped passes or finding open receivers faster. Burg has a lot to work on in just alittle over 5 days.

Minford made 5 consecutive playoffs under Daniels as well as 2000 and 2004, so since 2000 it’s been much more frequent than every 15 years.

FalconFever02
Freshman Team

Post by FalconFever02 »

laser breath wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:12 pm Yeah ok. Wonder if other teams fans will do the same? Burg can’t have an opinion to say this game will be a running clock.
You probably a frontrunning transplant from another district anyway, Burg’s most arrogant usually aren’t even true burgers.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Crab's Brother wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:51 am So I have a question to Minford fans.....

Through 5 weeks, the case can be made that EVL is the best player in the conference. At the least he's in the conversation with Matthews and Shoe. My question is, what did he do this off season to get so much better? I watched Minford week 10 of last season and Valley just dominated the Falcon offense. Was he not ready last year? Was the other kid better at that point?
I think that the vast consensus from Minford people would be that EVL should have hands down been the starter last year.

I think Mathews is a really good player. Since they play different positions on the field its hard to compare the two, but having watched both, EVL is easily as good at his position as Mathews is at his respective position. So I think the case can certainly be made that he is one of the top players in the conference this year.

The Regulator
Riding the Bench

Post by The Regulator »

If Wheelersburg doesn't make changes this week in the defense to stop the run Minford wins by 2 scores

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

vladimir wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:15 pm

You say you've never heard of Wilmington? That's probably b/c you've never been outside Scioto, Pike or Lawrence Co. lol! All my In-Laws are all Clinton-Massie grads and they've never heard of Wheelersburg until my wife moved down here.

You said the "Best program in So. Ohio," Now it's the best in their division?!?! WTF man, so which one is it?!?!? lol! That's also a false statement. Wheelersburg was in DIV for 30-years and movedto DV in the 2000s. So, then the crown still belongs to Ironton(D5) b/c they lead lWheelerburg in the overall series. :shock:
Oh I’ve heard of them, just not the football team. Ironton was always a division higher than burg until about 10 years or so. Check the overall series last 10 seasons.

Overall burg is the best overall to the respect to their division all time in southern Ohio.

Wow I thought Burg was playing Minford and not Ironton , who cares !!! How is Minford's overall record doing for the last few decades??

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

FalconFever02 wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:49 am
laser breath wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:12 pm Yeah ok. Wonder if other teams fans will do the same? Burg can’t have an opinion to say this game will be a running clock.
You probably a frontrunning transplant from another district anyway, Burg’s most arrogant usually aren’t even true burgers.
Not in every case but that is usually true :lol:

FalconFever02
Freshman Team

Post by FalconFever02 »

Sport Fan wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:12 am

Wow I thought Burg was playing Minford and not Ironton , who cares !!! How is Minford's overall record doing for the last few decades??

Minford currently stands at 117-86 since the year 2000 with 7 playoff appearances and 10 winning seasons as well as 14 with atleast a .500 mark.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:34 am
Crab's Brother wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:51 am So I have a question to Minford fans.....

I think that the vast consensus from Minford people would be that EVL should have hands down been the starter last year.

I think Mathews is a really good player. Since they play different positions on the field its hard to compare the two, but having watched both, EVL is easily as good at his position as Mathews is at his respective position. So I think the case can certainly be made that he is one of the top players in the conference this year.
Kinda what I was thinking. Weird that the best player wasn't playing.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Crab's Brother wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:04 am
Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:34 am

Kinda what I was thinking. Weird that the best player wasn't playing.
Well, deals had already been made behind the scenes.....its not like this kid all of a sudden became a good player. I watched him in jr high and he was really dynamic for an 8th grader in how he was throwing the ball and running it. And they had a ton of success with him in jr high.

Return to “Football”