NY at Fairland PI Call

Ff3233
All Conference

Re: NY at Fairland PI Call

Post by Ff3233 »

mlittle wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:13 pm
Ff3233 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:59 pm
mlittle wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:52 pm

Couldn’t agree more. Our wasn’t a playoff game but you should see the holding they called on our game winning touchdown in regulation. Ended up losing in 4OT
Why did fairland have to kick a fg to win the game then? Just wondering if they returned the fumble for a td then game should've been over
There was no sound but I’m guessing the officials blew the play dead at that point maybe? Or maybe the officials just didn’t notice the kid running it into the endzone
So then how would've nelsonville york still lost the game as you stated?

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

mlittle wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:52 pm

Couldn’t agree more. Our wasn’t a playoff game but you should see the holding they called on our game winning touchdown in regulation. Ended up losing in 4OT
Why did fairland have to kick a fg to win the game then? Just wondering if they returned the fumble for a td then game should've been over
There was no sound but I’m guessing the officials blew the play dead at that point maybe? Or maybe the officials just didn’t notice the kid running it into the endzone
He did kneel it, right after he caught it. Then he took off running and tossed the ball. I thought the same thing as you at first, but he goes quickly to a knee and right back up.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

enigmaax wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:22 pm
He did kneel it, right after he caught it. Then he took off running and tossed the ball. I thought the same thing as you at first, but he goes quickly to a knee and right back up.
Yep. Sure did. I missed it until I slowed it down. Full speed it looked like he thought about for a second but didn’t. After slowing it down he sure did kneel it.
Last edited by mlittle on Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

NY BUCKS wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:42 pm
Well yea I was standing in that end zone and I'm telling you straight up that kid wasn't touched .
My cousin who is Diehard Athens fan was in the other corner of the end zone and seen the first int said it never touched the ground.
Well since your cousin has been proven wrong with a picture, there’s not much credibility in what you are saying. I’d suggest maybe you were preoccupied watching the play on the ball and not the receiver (as most fans would). When #9 swatted at the ball that never arrived, he hit nothing but receiver. I’ll just point out, there’s one guy in the whole stadium whose job it was to watch the receiver.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

enigmaax wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:47 pm
Well yea I was standing in that end zone and I'm telling you straight up that kid wasn't touched .
My cousin who is Diehard Athens fan was in the other corner of the end zone and seen the first int said it never touched the ground.
Well since your cousin has been proven wrong with a picture, there’s not much credibility in what you are saying. I’d suggest maybe you were preoccupied watching the play on the ball and not the receiver (as most fans would). When #9 swatted at the ball that never arrived, he hit nothing but receiver. I’ll just point out, there’s one guy in the whole stadium whose job it was to watch the receiver.
If you're trying to say that was pass interference then you have no idea what you're seeing. Either you're a fairland fan, hate ny, or you are or related to the blind man who threw the flag.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Ff3233 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:24 pm
enigmaax wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:47 pm
If you're trying to say that was pass interference then you have no idea what you're seeing. Either you're a fairland fan, hate ny, or you are or related to the blind man who threw the flag.
It’s one of those or I watched the right guy.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Let's see the picture

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Note to all officials. You probably shouldn't joke online about fixing a game :lol:

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

One of the officials was on Facebook a week before the game, someone asked how much it would take to “sway” a game in their favor. Another person replied it would take 350, the official then replies “I like it”. I doubt any actual payment or anything happened and it is probably nothing what so ever. Just not a good look after what happened at end of game.... whole situation is just odd and crazy. Ready for next fall

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Raider6309 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:37 pm Note to all officials. You probably shouldn't joke online about fixing a game :lol:
Lol beat me to it

Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

Is it possible that the official stepped in a gopher hole on that mine field that led to the flag initially falling out of his pocket?

Shoedaddy
Freshman Team

Post by Shoedaddy »

The kid behind the receiver made contact because he was holding his hand or wrist immediately after the play from hitting the WRs shoulder or helmet.
Ref watching the WR sees early contact because the ball never arrived at the WR and he was hit.
Other officials should have stepped in and said the contact wasn't early because the ball was intercepted. NO PI
Horrible job by the crew. Just because it is the end of the game, you shouldn't treat it any differently than if it were the first play of the game.

Press box behavior needs to be addressed. These guys think they are in their basement watching MNF and should understand how easily they are heard. If it was coaches, school should address it.

I have only had one interaction with a game at Fairland. My son had nearly 400 yards rushing against them and never once did I see or hear anything dirty. After the game, a couple of their young fans even waited on him to come off the field to meet him. To add to the story, my Jeep had some issues and I was one of the last people in the parking lot. A Fairland fan, and parent of a player, helped me for nearly 30 minutes afterward to get it started. He joked after he found out who my son was that he shouldn't have helped and he refused to take any money even though when he wasn't looking my dad threw $40 on the seat of his truck.

Life isn't always fair and sometimes it even sucks.

Dragon70
Freshman Team

Post by Dragon70 »

NY BUCKS wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:50 pm Let's see the picture
download/file.php?mode=view&id=2458
Attachments
football.jpg

Dragon70
Freshman Team

Post by Dragon70 »

NY BUCK wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:57 am Guess we will just forget about the group of people in the end zone waiting on our boys and trying to fight them. People complaining about coaches cussing in the booth must have never set near a booth before.
I was leaving and got stuck in that group of people. The truth is one of NY parents came over with several players who were cursing and throwing their helmets already and he had a helmet in hand wanting and threatening to swing and use helmet as a weapon at the Fairland fan who said that very inappropriate phrase in the 3rd quarter. Yes that Fairland fan was in the wrong and should have been thrown out but several wrongs don't make a right. And NY BUCK if you were in the endzone and recording then you know the truth what was said back to him along with several harsh words at the refs while the FG was being kicked.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Dragon70 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:16 pm
From this view it doesnt look like a catch now i need a better view of the PI call. If someone got this picture im sure they got the play after right?

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Dragon70 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:31 pm
NY BUCK wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:57 am Guess we will just forget about the group of people in the end zone waiting on our boys and trying to fight them. People complaining about coaches cussing in the booth must have never set near a booth before.
I was leaving and got stuck in that group of people. The truth is one of NY parents came over with several players who were cursing and throwing their helmets already and he had a helmet in hand wanting and threatening to swing and use helmet as a weapon at the Fairland fan who said that very inappropriate phrase in the 3rd quarter. Yes that Fairland fan was in the wrong and should have been thrown out but several wrongs don't make a right. And NY BUCK if you were in the endzone and recording then you know the truth what was said back to him along with several harsh words at the refs while the FG was being kicked.
I was not in the end zone recording lol, I can’t blame the NY parents defending their kids from being attacked by a group of adults. Whole situation was a mess

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

What ref made the call? The ref in the picture, there is no way he could see that

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:30 pm

What ref made the call? The ref in the picture, there is no way he could see that
The official that made that call was on the same side as the camera around the front pylon. You can see it in the video.

fireball
Freshman Team

Post by fireball »

ball isnt touching the ground and never did plus he couldnt see it anyway you better look a little closer

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

I've got no dog in the fight. But when I saw this pic a few hours ago my thought was also "I wonder if the kid grabbed the ball before it hit the ground". I zoomed in and it doesn't look like it hit the ground at that point.

With all that said, even if photos and videos show something is wrong: A HS official only gets to see it once in real time.

Return to “Football”