2021 Trimble 13 - 45 Fort Frye

Justy
Riding the Bench

Re: WK 6: Fort Frye (5-0) @ Trimble (3-1)

Post by Justy »

TomcatFootball11 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:01 pm
Roy Mcavoy wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:06 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:13 pm Has Trimble fans ever been this quiet?
They only have a few posters on here. Most people pretend to be from Trimble just to stir up crap
I'm one of the few real posters. They're trolls. They hate us because they ain't us. About the game. I love what Fort Frye has done to the program, this game will be a measuring stick for Trimble, I'm sure. I'm sure they will come in hungry from the one point OT loss to John Marshall. Fort Frye is battle tested, and has some athletes. I think this game comes down to who can get the first few big plays. Fort Frye may be favored on paper, but I don't think anyone counts the Tomcats out.
I had 15 posters PM me ripping me for saying Trimble ducked VC and claiming they are from Trimble. I can see someone posting something on the open forum being an imposter trying to stir the pot. But doubtful they would go so far as to PM someone. I think the real reason they are quiet is because they got a reality check last week and they have to know FF is better than JM. Probably a little gun shy after pounding their chests and getting it handed to them.

TomcatFootball11
Freshman Team

Post by TomcatFootball11 »

Justy wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:30 am

They only have a few posters on here. Most people pretend to be from Trimble just to stir up crap
I'm one of the few real posters. They're trolls. They hate us because they ain't us. About the game. I love what Fort Frye has done to the program, this game will be a measuring stick for Trimble, I'm sure. I'm sure they will come in hungry from the one point OT loss to John Marshall. Fort Frye is battle tested, and has some athletes. I think this game comes down to who can get the first few big plays. Fort Frye may be favored on paper, but I don't think anyone counts the Tomcats out.
I had 15 posters PM me ripping me for saying Trimble ducked VC and claiming they are from Trimble. I can see someone posting something on the open forum being an imposter trying to stir the pot. But doubtful they would go so far as to PM someone. I think the real reason they are quiet is because they got a reality check last week and they have to know FF is better than JM. Probably a little gun shy after pounding their chests and getting it handed to them.
The Trimble ducking VC will be going on forever. People obviously don't know that kids' health is more important than a game. As for the game last week, yes it was a reality check but I think it is one the Tomcats needed. I really haven't read the Trimble @ JM thread in a bit so I'll have to look to see who is pounding their chest. I'm sure the whole team knows FF is better than JM, and that the Cats can't start like they did against JM or they will get down 14 quick again and can't get out of it.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

I’m going with Fort Frye by at least 3 scores.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Sounds like Fort will get least a couple guys back from injuries.

Justy
Riding the Bench

Post by Justy »

TomcatFootball11 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:37 am

The Trimble ducking VC will be going on forever. People obviously don't know that kids' health is more important than a game. As for the game last week, yes it was a reality check but I think it is one the Tomcats needed. I really haven't read the Trimble @ JM thread in a bit so I'll have to look to see who is pounding their chest. I'm sure the whole team knows FF is better than JM, and that the Cats can't start like they did against JM or they will get down 14 quick again and can't get out of it.
How many players does Trimble have total on the team?

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Good luck to the cats from over the hill!

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Why would you think anyone would be ducking VC? They haven't beaten anyone. Waterford beat crooksville worse than VC and we all saw how trimble did vs waterford. VC doesn't scare anyone, particularly trimble

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Best of luck to Trimble. Thought they would get a pretty nice win last week. Hopefully they get a win this week however

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
Justy
Riding the Bench

Post by Justy »

Ff3233 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:18 am

Why would you think anyone would be ducking VC? They haven't beaten anyone. Waterford beat crooksville worse than VC and we all saw how trimble did vs waterford. VC doesn't scare anyone, particularly trimble
They didn't have all their starters, so they didn't want to chance it. It's easy to do that this year with the Covid excuse readily available. BTW why didn't FF sign on to play Ridgewood? Scared? I guess they have good reason to be so it was better to play a few teams from the other side of the state LOL.

Roy Mcavoy
Freshman Team

Post by Roy Mcavoy »

Wouldn't call it a reality check or gun shy, all of Trimbles goals are still intact regardless of the outcome against Fort Frye. Win the league, and go deep into the playoffs. Playing JM and Fort Frye will prepare them for that

Greatest 12 in US Open History
Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

Roy Mcavoy wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:31 pm

Wouldn't call it a reality check or gun shy, all of Trimbles goals are still intact regardless of the outcome against Fort Frye. Win the league, and go deep into the playoffs. Playing JM and Fort Frye will prepare them for that
It's great to have goals, but for Trimble having the goal of winning the Hocking is setting the bar really low don't you think? I mean they can beat everyone in the Hocking, except maybe Waterford, with their JV team most years. I would have to think a program like Trimble would have 10-0 as one of their goals. But hey, I'm not from there so could be wrong. Just sayin.

Roy Mcavoy
Freshman Team

Post by Roy Mcavoy »

Pat wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:52 pm
Justy wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:30 am I had 15 posters PM me ripping me for saying Trimble ducked VC and claiming they are from Trimble. I can see someone posting something on the open forum being an imposter trying to stir the pot. But doubtful they would go so far as to PM someone. I think the real reason they are quiet is because they got a reality check last week and they have to know FF is better than JM. Probably a little gun shy after pounding their chests and getting it handed to them.
It's great to have goals, but for Trimble having the goal of winning the Hocking is setting the bar really low don't you think? I mean they can beat everyone in the Hocking, except maybe Waterford, with their JV team most years. I would have to think a program like Trimble would have 10-0 as one of their goals. But hey, I'm not from there so could be wrong. Just sayin.
Going undefeated is always a goal too, but that's impossible now. But winning the league and making another final 4 are still on the table

Greatest 12 in US Open History
Buckeye2021
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye2021 »

Trimble is 4-3against Waterford since coach mcutheon took over at Waterford in 2016

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

Roy Mcavoy wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:56 pm
Going undefeated is always a goal too, but that's impossible now. But winning the league and making another final 4 are still on the table
So, what you said about all their goals being intact was inaccurate. I've also been told that instead of having the goal of just winning the Hocking they set the goal of shutting out every team in the Hocking. If they have that one it's gone too. And the one about being the best team in Trimble history, gone. They'll still have a great year unless COVID finally gets them, but prolly not what they envisioned, from what I was told before the season by someone close to the program anyway.

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

Buckeye2021 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:57 pm
Trimble is 4-3against Waterford since coach mcutheon took over at Waterford in 2016
Yes, but two of those games were in the same season, 2016, and Trimble has won 4 in a row.

Buckeye2021
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye2021 »

Pat wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:03 pm

Yes, but two of those games were in the same season, 2016, and Trimble has won 4 in a row.
Yes Trimble has had the better team last 4yrs this year was way closer than the score and last was14-0 Waterford is competing now . Waterford is on the right track and can trip up Trimble every few years IMO

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

Buckeye2021 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:15 pm
Yes Trimble has had the better team last 4yrs this year was way closer than the score and last was14-0 Waterford is competing now . Waterford is on the right track and can trip up Trimble every few years IMO
Come on man! Wateford beat Trimble 3 times in 2 years with their best teams in history. Trimble has ripped off 4 in a row. It's back to normal in the Hocking with Trimble winning it and everyone else just happy to score on them.

Buckeye2021
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye2021 »

Pat wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:22 pm

Come on man! Wateford beat Trimble 3 times in 2 years with their best teams in history. Trimble has ripped off 4 in a row. It's back to normal in the Hocking with Trimble winning it and everyone else just happy to score on them.
I know pat. Trimble was down those years finished 8-3 in 2016 and 9-3 in 2017. What do you think Trimble record going to be this year? My money is 9-3 is this a down year ?

Buckeye2021
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye2021 »

What I was getting at is this is the best coaching staff Waterford has had , take fares from Trimble and Huck from fort and I think the last 10 yrs would be different

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

Buckeye2021 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:30 pm
I know pat. Trimble was down those years finished 8-3 in 2016 and 9-3 in 2017. What do you think Trimble record going to be this year? My money is 9-3 is this a down year ?
Yes, it is by Trimble standards and they beat Waterford 34-7. In 2016 the only team they beat with a winning record was Southern, and they beat them twice that year. Southern hasn't beaten Trimble in, maybe ever. In 2017 the only teams with winning records they beat were Southern, and Miller who hasn't beaten them since the 90's, and they somehow got lucky and upset Lucas in the playoffs. So, yea those were down years and so is this year, by Trimble standards.

Return to “Football”