2021 Minford 20 - 24 Wheelersburg

TigerTalez

Re: Week Six: Wheelersburg at Minford

Post by TigerTalez »

Minford defense was gassed in 4th quarter.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Bleeding Red wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:44 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:40 pm
wobycat wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:28 pm

I find these posts amazing. It’s like saying we give no credit to minford. Because burg struggled against minford at minford. Instead of saying wow minford played great and burg beat a good minford team, it’s well burg isn’t any good and would get demolished by ironton. SMH. No wonder minford is the way they are.

You have to overlook a douche bag like bleeding red!! He’s so ate up with Burg envy and plus he did play football for Minford. Probably took 4 years of azz beatings from the Burg during his time on the team, because being the superstar he acts like he is he probably started as a Freshman!!

There you go with the band reference again! If that’s the best you can come up with son, you probably should change your name to beat a dead horse red!!!
YOU claimed Burg was one of the top 4 programs in SE Ohio.
YOU claimed Burg had one of the best defenses in SE Ohio.
YOU claimed that you would beat Ironton in a rematch.
YOU said "have fun with the Falcon azz whipings"

24-20 against a lowly Minford team is an escape. Not an azz whiping.
You're a dido and you have no clue about football. Case and Pont.

Burg is one of the top 4 programs in SE Ohio
Burg has a pretty solid defense. Held a pretty darn good Jackson team to 14 points in regulation.
I’ve never said they would beat Ironton in a rematch. I’ve said that IMO it would be a better game than the first meeting.
A win is a win and why is It a lowly Minford team. Hell, they had a better record than Burg coming into this game. They were in 6th place in the playoff hunt. Burgs in 10th I believe.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

wobycat wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:28 pm
Bleeding Red wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:11 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:10 pm Nice job Burg!!! Great drive to take the lead.
And you think you guys would beat Ironton in a rematch :lol: :lol:

Stick with playing your flute.
I find these posts amazing. It’s like saying we give no credit to Minford. Because burg struggled against Minford at Minford. Instead of saying wow Minford played great and burg beat a good Minford team, it’s well burg isn’t any good and would get demolished by ironton. SMH. No wonder Minford is the way they are.
Woby: I agree. Minford played hard against a good W'burg team. Minford had a good game plan and I like the fact the Refs let the kids play for the most part. I can only remember two flags.

If Minford can keep the intensity up, they'll win at least 3-more games and make the playoffs. That's a big IF b/c in past years the Falcons seem to pack it in after this game.

Minford you proved you're a contender in the SOCII, now on to West

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Bleeding Red wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:49 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:45 pm
Bleeding Red wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:11 pm

And you think you guys would beat Ironton in a rematch :lol: :lol:

Stick with playing your flute.

Like woby said, way to give props to thinking maybe Minford played a pretty good game tonight.

SMDFH!!!
You and woby are 2 peas in a pod. Delusional.

I hope you play Ironton in the playoffs. I'll be there watching the Tigers destroy you again.

This game with Minford should have never been close if Bueg was what your thought they were.

FYI- Burg isn't.

Well of course you will be there hoping Burg gets throttled. You and the rest of the county.. Nothing new about that.

Once again you give your Falcons no props at all. Why should have this been a blowout for Burg? Because they are Burg?? I call BS on that.

That’s why they play the games on the field. IMO Minford should have won this game. All they had to do was stop the Burg on that last Drive.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:58 pm

That’s why they play the games on the field. IMO Minford should have won this game. All they had to do was stop the Burg on that last Drive.
[/quote]

Minford's defense was gassed in the 4th-quarter and it all came down to who was in the better shape. #74 needs to run 10-extra 40s after each practice, b/c he cost his team by not being 100% and having to leave the field. One thing I've always respected about W'burg's teams is, they play hard until the final whistle and they're in excellent condition.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

Minford had no business in this game on paper. But games are played and stuff happens. Congratulations to both teams on a good game.

From a Waverly Fan I know burg is better than what they played.
I also know Minford isn’t to be overlooked.

Wheelersburg and Waverly are the teams to beat this year but Minford and West are sharpening up as the season goes on.

Let’s just be proud of the boys and thankful we get to play this year.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

LetsBeReal wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:23 am Let’s just be proud of the boys and thankful we get to play this year.
Absolutely man! A part of me was just grateful to sit outside on a beautiful fall night and get to watch a great HS football game. This one was worth the price of admission.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

vladimir wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:29 am
LetsBeReal wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:23 am Let’s just be proud of the boys and thankful we get to play this year.
Absolutely man! A part of me was just grateful to sit outside on a beautiful fall night and get to watch a great HS football game. This one was worth the price of admission.
I thought 74 and 58? And 1 for minford played lights out. Burgs line played really well too I thought. Good game.

TigerTalez

Post by TigerTalez »

vladimir wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:11 am

Minford's defense was gassed in the 4th-quarter and it all came down to who was in the better shape. #74 needs to run 10-extra 40s after each practice, b/c he cost his team by not being 100% and having to leave the field. One thing I've always respected about W'burg's teams is, they play hard until the final whistle and they're in excellent condition.
[/quote]

Yup. You can make an argument that minford out efforted burg tonight. Minford just ran outta gas. The defense was done on that last drive. That's all it came down to. Burgs not ready to be crowned inside their own county. The Trojans may take issue with that. Ironton vs Burg would be a similar outcome to the 1st. Football in the area shaping up to be nostalgic with burg sorta watching another big Ironton/Portsmouth match up & we haven't seen that in awhile. It's been the Ironton/Burg matchup in recent history. But things change. Ironton is good. Portsmouth is back & burg may be a year or two away.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Hats off to Minford...they played good enough to win but couldn’t hold on. They have been playing hard this year and are exceeding expectations. Couple more wins and they are a playoff team.

As for Burg, they gutted a tough game out on the road. Some on here refuse to give any credit to Minford and instead choose to bash Burg, but good teams find a way to win games like this. I guarantee a lot of higher seeds going to be hoping to avoid Burg come the 2nd round of playoffs.*

pappy
Freshman Team

Post by pappy »

I don’t think burg is that good, they got took to the brink by a young minford team, hats off to minford,
Minford had 90%two way players which got them in the end

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

2quick2catch wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:12 pm Who paints Minford's field? :|
It was a field trip for the 4th grade today!
They did a great job.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

art_vandelay wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:49 am Hats off to Minford...they played good enough to win but couldn’t hold on. They have been playing hard this year and are exceeding expectations. Couple more wins and they are a playoff team.

As for Burg, they gutted a tough game out on the road. Some on here refuse to give any credit to Minford and instead choose to bash Burg, but good teams find a way to win games like this. I guarantee a lot of higher seeds going to be hoping to avoid Burg come the 2nd round of playoffs.*
I give Minford tons of credit. And I'm not bashing Burg, just pointing out Yabbas mouth running non stop. He has been bashing the "lowly" Minford Falcons all season. He just about got a good serving of cold crowd last night. The guy is a moron and has no clue about football.

Hell he bashes Burg more than anyone. After a loss he is all of a sudden questioning the play calling and what he would have done, blah blah blah. He's a terrible fan of the game.

NellyWooden
Waterboy

Post by NellyWooden »

Sports fans, remember don't call out certain players for things you may not know about. Sometimes things are not what they appear to be. Always and I mean always be complementary to the young athletes. Negative comments just not help at all always be very supportive. Thank you, two things, always be positive thinking of the young athletes! And the other thing, be safe in your travels.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Bleeding Red wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:30 am
art_vandelay wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:49 am Hats off to Minford...they played good enough to win but couldn’t hold on. They have been playing hard this year and are exceeding expectations. Couple more wins and they are a playoff team.

I give Minford tons of credit. And I'm not bashing Burg, just pointing out Yabbas mouth running non stop. He has been bashing the "lowly" Minford Falcons all season. He just about got a good serving of cold crowd last night. The guy is a moron and has no clue about football.

Hell he bashes Burg more than anyone. After a loss he is all of a sudden questioning the play calling and what he would have done, blah blah blah. He's a terrible fan of the game.

Bashing the "lowly" Minford Falcons all year??? WTAF are you even talking about. I responded to your dumbazz about hope you enjoy your azz whoopin from the Burg just to rile you up. Go find me where I "bashed" Minford all year.

You've been hating on Burg on here for a long time and all Burg posters know it. I'm not sure what triggered that years ago but you've been ate up with it awhile now.

As for bashing the Burg play calling!!! You worry about Minford on here and I'll post about Burg on here. Yes, the play calling is horrendous at some times and the OC calls some dumb plays at the wrong time. Hell, even his Mom yells at him about his play calling during the game. LOL

I;ve forgot more about football over the years than you'll ever know. I'm done on here with your sorry azz!!

Have a good day sir!!!!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

And you aren't? You bitch and moan as much as anyone I see on here, especially about the Pirates. Sad thing is, this is one of the worst teams Burg has had in years and Minford still couldn't beat them on their home field. You even come on Burg threads for other games and bash them. Class act, aren't cha?

It's one of the reasons I rarely visit or post here anymore.

That said, here's to hoping the Falcons win out and give the Burg much needed computer points so they get a home playoff game.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

vladimir wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:11 am

[/quote]
Wow was it just that that costed Minford the game? I didn’t watch him the game so I’m genuinely asking

FalconFever02
Freshman Team

Post by FalconFever02 »

Did Minford not have a time out on that last drive? I know there was only 21 seconds, but just awful execution, decent gain early, and no spike or timeout... come on man.

FalconFever02
Freshman Team

Post by FalconFever02 »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:31 am

And you aren't? You bitch and moan as much as anyone I see on here, especially about the Pirates. Sad thing is, this is one of the worst teams Burg has had in years and Minford still couldn't beat them on their home field. You even come on Burg threads for other games and bash them. Class act, aren't cha?

It's one of the reasons I rarely visit or post here anymore.

That said, here's to hoping the Falcons win out and give the Burg much needed computer points so they get a home playoff game.
Death, taxes and BG77 being a pompous ass.

MapleParkSwimClub
Waterboy

Post by MapleParkSwimClub »

Miscues - Minford could run and pass on them all game. If it wasn't for a dropped snap on the drive before Minford probably would have been up two scores. Minford sputtered and Burg capitalized.

Return to “Football”