WK7 Portsmouth West - Minford

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Re: WK7 Portsmouth West - Minford

Post by BigBlueNation »

Physically I thought West would control this game. Man! I was wrong, it was the complete opposite.
Was really impressed with Zimmerman, never knew he even played football. Knew he was a great Basketball player.
Minford has some really nice looking freshmen also.

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

packers80 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:16 pm Did the lines ever get straightened out on the field?
Yes, they look pretty straight.
Told the 4 th grade art class they can paint the field for Homecoming!
You should’ve seen their eyes when we dropped off those spray cans! Parents probably won’t be too happy though. lol

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Congratulations to the Falcons. They are a very good team so this doesn’t surprise me at all.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
Devinman234
Waterboy

Post by Devinman234 »

Who was #4 on the falcons? Very impressed with how he played. Not a lot is said about him

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

Minford played really hard tonight. The quarterback was very impressive. Runs like a fullback with tricky speed. Minford came out hungry and it showed. That’s not the same west team I watched last week. A lot of turnovers and more dropped passes than catches it seemed.

May not of mattered but something that seemed to swing the game for me was a horrible missed holding call when Minford went up 28-7. The Defensive end was spun in a full circle with the hold and no call. Minford Ball carrier got the edge and took off. I’m obviously not a west fan but sitting on the home bleachers it was a bad miss.

Overall west had too many mistakes. They will continue to struggle if they get down by 2 scores or more.

Minford is very dangerous. They have improved a lot since the Piketon Game.

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Just a side note, but who ran the scoreboard for this game. A Valley or West staff member. No very professional. 3 simple buttons for down, ytg and ball on. Makes a nice stadium messy!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

vladimir wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:11 pm
mglight88 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:12 pm That makes 3 straight against Senators.

Watch out Waverly Tigers. Minford is for real gang. Homecoming Oak Hill, can't afford to overlook the Oaks.

GO FALCONS!!
Correct, Minford has beat West 3-yrs in a row, and then over looks the Oaks gearing up for Waverly. I’m not convinced there is a such thing as a “Burg hangover” it’s more of an overlooking and not being mentally prepared for their next opponent.

Once Minford loses the second SOCII game then the hangover really sets in. The Falcons are not over the “Mental hump,” just yet. They’ll have to win the 2 outta 3 to convince me. As for tonight, great win for the Falcons.
There will be no oak hill hang over the year. The oaks are rebuilding

FalconFever02
Freshman Team

Post by FalconFever02 »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:47 pm Really curious why people thought this Falcon team would be bad preseason. Has a lot changed?
That was all based on the regime. Ruby appears to of stepped it up, we will see how they finish and if they’re prepared in the playoffs.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Very impressed by Minford with this win over West.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

FalconFever02 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:42 am
SciotoCfootball wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:47 pm Really curious why people thought this Falcon team would be bad preseason. Has a lot changed?
That was all based on the regime. Ruby appears to of stepped it up, we will see how they finish and if they’re prepared in the playoffs.
We've seen this the past 3-yrs. Let's see IF Ruby can finally follow up the West game with a win over Oak Hill.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

vladimir wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:33 am
We've seen this the past 3-yrs. Let's see IF Ruby can finally follow up the West game with a win over Oak Hill.
Well I would hope so considering how bad they are this year. Honestly people put too much focus on how things went down in years past. Every year is a new team, not like there are curses or something. No way Oak Hill beats Minford this year.

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:37 am

Well I would hope so considering how bad they are this year. Honestly people put too much focus on how things went down in years past. Every year is a new team, not like there are curses or something. No way Oak Hill beats Minford this year.
No kidding, people let history play way to much into the games. Unless players were magically granted another year of eligibility or Timmy and Johnny don’t turn back into 3rd graders only present history matters.

Only thing I will argue for is that truly great programs having bad teams or average teams can take down far better teams. There are Only a handful of programs around here like that and Oak Hill isn’t one.

Doesn’t turn a 5,8 160lb LB That runs a 5.3 40 into a 6,4 285 MLB running a 4.6

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

LetsBeReal wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:50 am
SciotoCfootball wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:37 am

No kidding, people let history play way to much into the games. Unless players were magically granted another year of eligibility or Timmy and Johnny don’t turn back into 3rd graders only present history matters.

Only thing I will argue for is that truly great programs having bad teams or average teams can take down far better teams. There are Only a handful of programs around here like that and Oak Hill isn’t one.

Doesn’t turn a 5,8 160lb LB That runs a 5.3 40 into a 6,4 285 MLB running a 4.6
Maybe a different team, but still the same culture and attitude. Those teams got beat by Oak Hill b/c they were manhandled in the trenches. That goes to the strength, conditioning and lack of powerlifting in the past years. And Yes, that takes a few years to build back up. Even with EVL, Risner, and company, those were the better teams and they still couldn't get it done.

Go out and win the darn game, that'll shut all us naysayers up. At least until Valley week. Good Luck! :D

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Voice of Reason
Riding the Bench

Post by Voice of Reason »

mglight88 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:43 am Just a side note, but who ran the scoreboard for this game. A Valley or West staff member. No very professional. 3 simple buttons for down, ytg and ball on. Makes a nice stadium messy!
Was at the game, and West ran things. But this is such an odd thing to say. I'm sure the board was new for whoever was working it, but I thought it was a great atmosphere and it reminded me of a playoff game. I didn't think anything of it.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

falcon1 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:24 pm
packers80 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:16 pm Did the lines ever get straightened out on the field?
Yes, they look pretty straight.
Told the 4 th grade art class they can paint the field for Homecoming!
You should’ve seen their eyes when we dropped off those spray cans! Parents probably won’t be too happy though. lol
Very good

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

What has happened to Wests defense, really very pourous and giving way to many points up. At first of season said West would contend but after seeing this defense give up tons of points, I disagress and say Burg will flatten them. What is the maindifference from last year and this year.

Fan of the youth
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of the youth »

Minford is good, the running ability of their QB is similar to the Piketon signal caller and it complements the rest of the offense very well. Minford played WB very close. I look for the Falcons to give Waverly all they can handle and then some. West should never hang their heads they fight hard.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

mglight88 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:12 pm WAY TO GO MINFORD FALCONS

WHO''DEM SENATORS!!

Thought this would be a good close game, but Minford is shocking the area with a convincing 41-21 win over Portsmouth West.
That makes 3 straight against Senators.

Watch out Waverly Tigers. Minford is for real gang. Homecoming Oak Hill, can't afford to overlook the Oaks.

GO FALCONS!!
Pump the brakes. They haven't beat a team with a record over .500 this year.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Prime Time wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:17 pm What has happened to Wests defense, really very pourous and giving way to many points up. At first of season said West would contend but after seeing this defense give up tons of points, I disagress and say Burg will flatten them. What is the maindifference from last year and this year.
Don't want to be that guy, but... We ran a guy out of town because apparently he didn't know football. That guy is coaching for a Division 1 school in Dayton right now. Let it be noted I was not one of them.

I do not care about play calling. It's concerning. But I care more that this is a more than capable team that is depressing. Their is no excitement, no attitude, and no identity. They don't play with hunger. That's what's hard to watch.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

SiderBlood wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:16 pm
Prime Time wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:17 pm What has happened to Wests defense, really very pourous and giving way to many points up. At first of season said West would contend but after seeing this defense give up tons of points, I disagress and say Burg will flatten them. What is the maindifference from last year and this year.
Don't want to be that guy, but... We ran a guy out of town because apparently he didn't know football. That guy is coaching for a Division 1 school in Dayton right now. Let it be noted I was not one of them.

I do not care about play calling. It's concerning. But I care more that this is a more than capable team that is depressing. Their is no excitement, no attitude, and no identity. They don't play with hunger. That's what's hard to watch.
I think they're going to realize Johnson was a better coach than they thought.

Return to “Football”