Logan Football League Talk

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Re: Logan applies to the Licking County League

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Granville, Licking Valley, Johnstown, Heath and even Newark Catholic not afraid of Logan. The only thing some of those schools don't want any part of is the drive down 37 and getting through Lancaster to get back on 33. 158 would be better if you didn't have to go through baltimore as it has quicker/easier access to old 33. Anyone have any easier way to get from 37 to 33?

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Only way I can think of is to take Coonpath off 37 before you reach Lancaster and that would take you over to 33 then the bypass and you could miss going through Lancaster altogether.Probably add some mileage, but might still be better than Friday rush hour traffic through Lancaster.If your coming from the Newark area the quickest way is 13 to 256 to 664. 664 kinda sucks ,but still better than going through Lancaster.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Paladin wrote:To be honest, the MSL wants no part of Logan. Too tough. And, the LCL division is being set-up with D-II or D-I schools , not the smaller schools who also want no part of Lo9gan. Hard to argue that Logan is too tough if you are also D-II or D-I and it makes for a "new" league division. In the mean time. Logan gets better exposure to the Columbus are4a sports markets ande is in better position to move/be invited to another league ( OCC, new MSL, ect.) Future looks better now.
Good point as well Paladin. LCL would get the Chiefs good Columbus area exposure.

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

NY Tomcat wrote:
Paladin wrote:To be honest, the MSL wants no part of Logan. Too tough. And, the LCL division is being set-up with D-II or D-I schools , not the smaller schools who also want no part of Lo9gan. Hard to argue that Logan is too tough if you are also D-II or D-I and it makes for a "new" league division. In the mean time. Logan gets better exposure to the Columbus are4a sports markets ande is in better position to move/be invited to another league ( OCC, new MSL, ect.) Future looks better now.
Do you really think Logan scares anyone? What is there to be afraid of?
First - The MSL and specifically Teays Valley (with the exception of this year) has fared pretty well against Logan as I recall. So I don't think teams in the MSL Buckeye get particularly nervous at the sound of playing Logan. I don't think anyone is afraid of a team with a 25-35 record over the last six years that has played in the weak SEO.

Second - What D1 schools are you referring to that are being set up in the LCL? Granville, Watkins, Licking Heights, Zanesville, etc. are all D2's and D3's. Are you referring to Newark possibly, and if so, they may have won what 1-2 games in the last couple years? So quit acting like you are entering some juggernaut of a D1 and D2 league, when in reality it is a D2 & D3 league with possibly a D1 program that is not historically very good.

Third - Not too sure that LCL = Columbus Area Sports Market, but ok, let's say it does and you get some Football Friday Night Coverage on WCMH Channel 4. That coverage (exposure) then you are saying gets you invited to another league? Not sure I buy that but is the less weaker of the other statements.

Glad Logan has possibly found a home but let's not oversell it Paladin.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Logan seems pretty confident that the LCL is done deal, but the article in the Newark paper seems like Logan is probably not going to happen. Getting conflicting views here. Anyone have good info?

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

LCL reached out to Logan, Logan BOE voted to apply; thats pretty cut and dry. But it will depend on who else decides to join the party. I was told the LCL would vote this week to decide Logan's fate. But thats the only thing I am not 100% on.

Live Like A Champion!
Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

55buckeyes98 wrote:Logan seems pretty confident that the LCL is done deal, but the article in the Newark paper seems like Logan is probably not going to happen. Getting conflicting views here. Anyone have good info?

I apologize but what article? The only one I saw was a brief snipit about Logan and that Newark was not interested. It didnt mention Logan not a possibility.

Live Like A Champion!
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Here is the problem with Paladin. He's a Lakeview fan. They are either D4 or D5. Every year they get beat by D3 Poland. Poland is the big school in the league. Also Poland gets a lot of YSU coaches kids because their academics are very good. Sounds familiar

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

Be careful boys, you're treading on thin ice with those anti palidine posts. :mrgreen:

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

I watched Lakeview on film once. Poland made them look a little slow.

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

If you guy's keep feeding Paladin he will keep coming back for more! He loves playing with you guy's!

Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

LHS 72 wrote:If you guy's keep feeding Paladin he will keep coming back for more! He loves playing with you guy's!
He's playing guys like you. He makes fun of you and your school in a back handed way and you eat it up and think he is complimenting you. The other posters play him and sucker him into posting his non-sense. :lol:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Ground Buck wrote:
Dandy Don wrote:
NY Tomcat wrote:
Do you really think Logan scares anyone? What is there to be afraid of?
First - The MSL and specifically Teays Valley (with the exception of this year) has fared pretty well against Logan as I recall. So I don't think teams in the MSL Buckeye get particularly nervous at the sound of playing Logan. I don't think anyone is afraid of a team with a 25-35 record over the last six years that has played in the weak SEO.

Second - What D1 schools are you referring to that are being set up in the LCL? Granville, Watkins, Licking Heights, Zanesville, etc. are all D2's and D3's. Are you referring to Newark possibly, and if so, they may have won what 1-2 games in the last couple years? So quit acting like you are entering some juggernaut of a D1 and D2 league, when in reality it is a D2 & D3 league with possibly a D1 program that is not historically very good.

Third - Not too sure that LCL = Columbus Area Sports Market, but ok, let's say it does and you get some Football Friday Night Coverage on WCMH Channel 4. That coverage (exposure) then you are saying gets you invited to another league? Not sure I buy that but is the less weaker of the other statements.

Glad Logan has possibly found a home but let's not oversell it Paladin.
It's simple Don. Paladin posts nonsense on here taking every jab at the whole of SEO football every chance he gets. Then his buddies from Logan cheer him on while they bash and ridicule anyone who questions him. If anyone then says anything negative about Logan or Paladin his good buddy NoReply, who is a moderator on this site, will delete the post, let Paladin get the last word in and then he lock the thread. And if it is a repeat offender of this unwritten Logan protective rule he bans the user and usually their IP address so they can't ever get another account. Moderators should not be acting like that in my opinion.
This is far from the truth. can you prove any of this.I would like to see all of this statement proven.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Sounds like of couple of folks don't like my opinion. I'm shocked. You can count on one hand the number of schools in SEO who are not afraid of competition and that includes Logan. Truth is often a bitter pill.

The fact remains that Logan is avoided by many. A new league and close to Columbus should open some horizons for Logan. North, not South, is their future.

Have gun, will travel
Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

Paladin wrote:Sounds like of couple of folks don't like my opinion. I'm shocked. You can count on one hand the number of schools in SEO who are not afraid of competition and that includes Logan. Truth is often a bitter pill.

The fact remains that Logan is avoided by many. A new league and close to Columbus should open some horizons for Logan. North, not South, is their future.
LHS 72,

Who did you say is being "played with" by your buddy? I rest my case. :lol:

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Paladin wrote:A new league and close to Columbus should open some horizons for Logan. North, not South, is their future.
As it should be seeing as Logan is the ONLY DII football team in the southeast district.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Logangrad wrote:
55buckeyes98 wrote:Logan seems pretty confident that the LCL is done deal, but the article in the Newark paper seems like Logan is probably not going to happen. Getting conflicting views here. Anyone have good info?

I apologize but what article? The only one I saw was a brief snipit about Logan and that Newark was not interested. It didnt mention Logan not a possibility.
There is another poster who felt that because they quote about turning Logan down last year in that article that it can't happen this year. I really don't know either way, but he talks about drive time and trying to keep true to staying close in the article which would rule Logan out somewhat, so maybe it was just assumption? I really don't know either way, just trying to get more info.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Maybe I missed it above but when does the LCL let Logan, Zanesville, etc., know about their acceptance? Is there a meeting date established yet when they vote on this?

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

I was told by someone in the know that they were meeting this week to vote as soon as yesterday possibly; so I know its soon. But regarding travel, from the teams that have been mentioned the furthest drive for Logan would be to Tri-Valley at 1 hr 10 mins per google. Every other trip would be under an hour by bus. Most trips can be met by 33 (4 lane) to 37 (straight shot to most LCL teams) which is a far better cry than trips to Gallia, Portsmouth, Ironton, etc. This is a great thing for Logan imo. I think the MSL would be the BEST fit or #1 but this is def 1A.

Live Like A Champion!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I think the LCL will be a great league for the Chiefs. I think the member schools of the LCL see how Logan travels and that they will fit in well from a competitive standpoint.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!

Return to “Football”