End of an Era at Valley.......

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: End of an Era at Valley.......

Post by wobycat »

coop wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:24 pm
Crab's Brother wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:15 pm
transplant wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:11 pm I see what you did there. Nice. I agree, if the wrong decision is made and doesn't work out, would be very hard to gain the trust of the lucasville lifers again.
It is a slam dunk.

If another hire is made, it is to fulfill an agenda. There won't be any regaining of trust. It will be over for a lot of people.
This is a FACT. I think the Valley faithful should be allowed to attend the NEXT School Board meeting, voice their opinions, and I think the vote should happen in front of the community.

If they fulfill this agenda...I dont think Valley football will recover. IMO.
I’m assuming the one who just won a regional championship is a current coach somewhere else?

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

negative, won it in a different sport...

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

wobycat wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:27 pm

It is a slam dunk.

If another hire is made, it is to fulfill an agenda. There won't be any regaining of trust. It will be over for a lot of people.
This is a FACT. I think the Valley faithful should be allowed to attend the NEXT School Board meeting, voice their opinions, and I think the vote should happen in front of the community.

I’m assuming the one who just won a regional championship is a current coach somewhere else?
Not in football..

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

transplant wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:11 pm I see what you did there. Nice. I agree, if the wrong decision is made and doesn't work out, would be very hard to gain the trust of the lucasville lifers again.
It is a slam dunk.

It absolutely should be in front of the community. And it will be.
Accountability is a must here. Everyone should see who the committee (3 people) selects as their choice. And everyone should see how the other 3 school board members vote on the recommendation…..
and held accountable for that decision.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Agree, maybe this will spark more interest in things going on in the community. Not just school board members, but trustees and whatnot too. More people need to be involved and know what is going on behind closed doors.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

transplant wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:14 pm Agree, maybe this will spark more interest in things going on in the community. Not just school board members, but trustees and whatnot too. More people need to be involved and know what is going on behind closed doors.
Facts, and as a PUBLIC school, there shouldnt be closed doors if the community members request to attend.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

coop wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:29 pm

Not in football..
Gotcha. Am I Assuming that both have some sort of high school football coaching?

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

wobycat wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:48 pm
coop wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:29 pm

Not in football..
Gotcha. Am I Assuming that both have some sort of high school football coaching?
That would be correct, one has a poor record, and one has been an assistant.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

thought both were assistants, didn't know the other had head coaching experience?

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

I just saw the pics of the new facility, and Valley really has the opportunity to build something on their already storied history…those facilities are A-1, wow.

If they make the right choice….things could be huge, if they don’t…I see a lot of potentially wasted money 😳😳😳😳

Valley faithful….demand the next board meeting be public and hold those accountable for making the decisions and make them JUSTIFY the decision.

This is YOUR SCHOOL, YOUR COMMUNITY, YOUR CHILDRENS future.

If these “few” people can’t be trusted to make these decisions what are they gonna do with the educational decisions?

Demand better before it’s too late.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

So, why aren't we naming the potential coaches. Why the secrecy about the candidates?

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

FIDO wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:20 pm So, why aren't we naming the potential coaches. Why the secrecy about the candidates?
Great question……GREAT QUESTION.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Reading tea leaves Nolan must be one of the two, and quite frankly it should be case closed. He's the type of quality young man you'd want in any organization. Playing time is performance driven not your folks bank account
Last edited by FIDO on Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Nolan would be the obvious choice. Who's the other one that it's down to?

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Fan of the youth
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of the youth »

Valley has posted on their website a special board meeting the 21st to discuss the football hire. The time is 7:30 for the board meeting, which is also happens be during the time Valley basketball hosts Webster. Maybe they will announce the new coach after the split the pot draw.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Sounds right, have a meeting the same time of a basketball game so the community can't attend. SMH

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:41 am Nolan would be the obvious choice. Who's the other one that it's down to?
I wish I knew too.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

transplant wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:13 pm Sounds right, have a meeting the same time of a basketball game so the community can't attend. SMH
Was thinking the same thing, maybe it's because Crabtree was there so long they don't know how to handle things. Hopefully it's more of making 100% sure and doing their diligence before making the announcement by why on earth have it during the basketball game looks like they don't want anyone there.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

It's getn kinda odd

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Gator B Long
Freshman Team

Post by Gator B Long »

Sounds like the unknown candidate may be some of the board members choice-reading between lines. If Nolan is the other candidate-he’s Valley thru/thru and a great leader of young people.

Return to “Football”