Wellston Coaching Search

Fletchlives
JV Team

Re: Wellston Coaching Search

Post by Fletchlives »

DILLIFAG wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:43 pm I have to confess being saddened by the news of who they are choosing as the next coach. I was holding out hope that they would bring back Ole Dutch. Kids used to run through walls to play for him and he even got them a game on ESPN. He should never have been run off by those moms and they should bring him back.
This line is getting real old bro! Get a new one

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

So there still has yet to be an official announcement of the hiring for this job ??

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

countywide35 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:39 pm So there still has yet to be an official announcement of the hiring for this job ??
I haven’t heard anything official. Just speculation so far. Does anyone know when their next board meeting is? I know they held a special meeting when they hired the last coach.

WildManWill
Waterboy

Post by WildManWill »

Dundas wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:15 pm
countywide35 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:39 pm So there still has yet to be an official announcement of the hiring for this job ??
I haven’t heard anything official. Just speculation so far. Does anyone know when their next board meeting is? I know they held a special meeting when they hired the last coach.
Meeting has been had, offer has been made, offer has been accepted.. Yates is the new head coach. Official announcement from school and media soon.

GRFan
Varsity

Post by GRFan »

Announcement made. Nolan Yates new Wellston Football Coach.

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

GRFan wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:45 pm Announcement made. Nolan Yates new Wellston Football Coach.
Good for Nolan. I wonder if he'll reach out to "Dutch."

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Good luck

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Congrats, looking like Wellston is about to snag some players as well. Sorry VC.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

greygoose wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:12 pm Congrats, looking like Wellston is about to snag some players as well. Sorry VC.
VC losing players to Wellston? Wouldn’t be the first time.

Cornhusker
Waterboy

Post by Cornhusker »

Maybe the board member on the live stream of the basketball games will give us his opinion. :)

GRFan
Varsity

Post by GRFan »

He retired. Dundas, I don't like transferring personally but Wellston has sent some players to Viking land as well.

GRFan
Varsity

Post by GRFan »

He retired. Dundas, I don't like transferring personally but Wellston has sent some players to Viking land as well.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

GRFan wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:39 pm He retired. Dundas, I don't like transferring personally but Wellston has sent some players to Viking land as well.
Very true.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Dundas wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:45 pm
greygoose wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:12 pm Congrats, looking like Wellston is about to snag some players as well. Sorry VC.
Nope I'm sure between the 2 schools they have both lost players to each other. Just this time probably going to be some younger players heading that way given Yates ties to VC and Yates bringing boy heading to Wellston also.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

greygoose wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:10 am
Nope I'm sure between the 2 schools they have both lost players to each other. Just this time probably going to be some younger players heading that way given Yates ties to VC and Yates bringing boy heading to Wellston also.
His boy has been at Jackson for a while now, so that’s not really a loss to VC. These two schools have been trading players for a long time though. Coach Carper has completely changed the culture at VC so I’d be pretty surprised if anyone decided to leave it. Yates would have to prove he can take Wellston to that level first IMO. It will be an interesting storyline though!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Dundas wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:52 pm
greygoose wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:10 am

His boy has been at Jackson for a while now, so that’s not really a loss to VC. These two schools have been trading players for a long time though. Coach Carper has completely changed the culture at VC so I’d be pretty surprised if anyone decided to leave it. Yates would have to prove he can take Wellston to that level first IMO. It will be an interesting storyline though!
Guess we'll see if the things being said turns out to be true or if it was just them saying yes because of the moment.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Guessing a border war for players

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Post by Wellston Ironman »

Maybe now wellston will NUTT UP and start playing Jackson again?

The BEST thing about people from Wellston is that they have JACKSON on their license plates!
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Wellston Ironman wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:13 am Maybe now wellston will NUTT UP and start playing Jackson again?

Wellston gettin a good gate from Oak Hill and on the upper hand of gettin a W in recent year to start the season….. prolly trumps the good gate and constant L from Jackson to kick it off.
More then likely indicts the Jackson/Wellston game isn’t happening anytime soon.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Dont think it will be a good choice for the future-- Heard he was hired because they did not have to give him a teaching position--But I dont see any kid leaving VC to play football at Wellston (or Basketball)...Not much support from school board in Wellston.

Return to “Football”