Varsity

Re: (New) Twin State League

Post by BobcatQB »

Cambridge is a possibility..met w/ ADs from TSL yesterday,

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

BobcatQB wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:03 am Cambridge is a possibility..met w/ ADs from TSL yesterday,
I like this a lot. How does the potential travel in this league compare to your current league?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

BobcatQB wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:03 am Cambridge is a possibility..met w/ ADs from TSL yesterday,
Perfect fit. Let’s go.

Play60Football
Freshman Team

Post by Play60Football »

beg003 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:11 am
I like this a lot. How does the potential travel in this league compare to your current league?
Marietta would be the shortest travel time I believe... Only one less than an hour. Point to Cambridge would be a haul.
I would say that's pretty comparable to the Buckeye 8 in terms of travel time, but I'm not sure. Is East Liverpool still in there?
Really the best option for Cambridge would be the M.V.L. but that seems less likely unless an opening became available..... i.e. Morgan to the TSL

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Play60Football wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:47 am
Marietta would be the shortest travel time I believe... Only one less than an hour. Point to Cambridge would be a haul.
I would say that's pretty comparable to the Buckeye 8 in terms of travel time, but I'm not sure. Is East Liverpool still in there?
Really the best option for Cambridge would be the M.V.L. but that seems less likely unless an opening became available..... i.e. Morgan to the TSL
I actually looked up PP to Cambridge, and it’s just a hair under two hours. Mostly I-77 though until Ravenswood and then you take Route 2 down the river a bit. Best case scenario for the league as far as building up teams is getting Cambridge and Morgan both. That gets you to six, and then it starts to become a much deeper and more competitive league of schools right around the same size minus FF, but they usually punch above their weight in most sports.

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

I think adding PP was not a good decision for expansion purposes. No way a team should be in the same league with a 2 hour drive.

Yes, East Liverpool is still in the Buckeye Eight..as well as Beaver Local located in East Liverpool. B8 is going to one division next year so that means regular trips to East Liverpool and Beaver Local..solid 1 1/2 hours. That's crazy.

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

Buckeye Eight

Bellaire, Union Local, St. Clairsville, Cambridge, Harrison Central, Indian Creek, East Liverpool, Beaver Local

UL & St. C is 30 min, Harrison, Bellaire & Creek is an hour, EL & Beaver is hour and 1/2

I would rather stay in B8 because it's automatic OVAC games too. Luckily my kids are done playing and I'm done coaching..so doesn't really affect me :)

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Hearing from sources that Cambridge is more likely to join than not join.

Notsofastmyfriend
Freshman Team

Post by Notsofastmyfriend »

I see Point Pleasant leaving this league if it’s all Ohio teams. They need WV teams to even it out some and so Point gets points for playoffs in WV. Not sure how the point system works from state to state but it probably doesn’t help Point playing all Ohio teams.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

BobcatQB wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:58 pm
Buckeye Eight

Bellaire, Union Local, St. Clairsville, Cambridge, Harrison Central, Indian Creek, East Liverpool, Beaver Local

UL & St. C is 30 min, Harrison, Bellaire & Creek is an hour, EL & Beaver is hour and 1/2

I would rather stay in B8 because it's automatic OVAC games too. Luckily my kids are done playing and I'm done coaching..so doesn't really affect me :)
Fair enough reason for wanting to stay. For selfish reasons, I’d like to see them join the TSL but that drive to Point wouldn’t be ideal.

pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:48 pm I see Point Pleasant leaving this league if it’s all Ohio teams. They need WV teams to even it out some and so Point gets points for playoffs in WV. Not sure how the point system works from state to state but it probably doesn’t help Point playing all Ohio teams.
My thoughts exactly. The trips from Point Pleasant to Washington County aren't great to begin with. Throw in another trip 50 minutes past Marietta and I see them leaving the TSL.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Rather have Cambridge than Point. That being said Point joined this league to get guaranteed games. Not many AA schools around them mostly all of the games they play they have to travel. I don’t see them going anywhere. The league needs a 5th and maybe 6tg member.

pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

EasternDspy wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:42 pm Rather have Cambridge than Point.
I wouldn’t. The TSL will be nothing more than a placeholder for Cambridge until they finally get into the MVL or are a part of some type of IVC expansion.

Notsofastmyfriend
Freshman Team

Post by Notsofastmyfriend »

EasternDspy wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:42 pm Rather have Cambridge than Point. That being said Point joined this league to get guaranteed games. Not many AA schools around them mostly all of the games they play they have to travel. I don’t see them going anywhere. The league needs a 5th and maybe 6tg member.
WV is changing classifications next year to four in football. Point could possibly be AAA which would change the difficulty of finding close competition. If they go AAA it wouldn’t help them playing D6 schools in Ohio.

pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:07 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:42 pm Rather have Cambridge than Point. That being said Point joined this league to get guaranteed games. Not many AA schools around them mostly all of the games they play they have to travel. I don’t see them going anywhere. The league needs a 5th and maybe 6tg member.
WV is changing classifications next year to four in football. Point could possibly be AAA which would change the difficulty of finding close competition. If they go AAA it wouldn’t help them playing D6 schools in Ohio.
Point will be AAA in the four class setup. Marietta, Warren, and Cambridge will all likely be considered AAA schools, so as far as WV playoff points go, it should actually be a good thing for Point to have a TSL schedule.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Point couldn’t find WV schools that would schedule them in football. So why would they be able to now?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

EasternDspy wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 5:31 pm Point couldn’t find WV schools that would schedule them in football. So why would they be able to now?
Probably could have something to do with the fact that they aren’t dominant anymore.

Drop point, add Athens, Logan and Morgan.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Dundas wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 5:59 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 5:31 pm Point couldn’t find WV schools that would schedule them in football. So why would they be able to now?
Probably could have something to do with the fact that they aren’t dominant anymore.

Logan is another team that fits perfect. I think after a couple of years in that new league they’ll come to TSL
Last edited by EasternDspy on Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Realistic percentage chance of Athens leaving the TVC? I’m saying less than than 5%. They are a better competitive and size fit, but I don’t see them ever giving up their current travel for the TSL travel schedule.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

beg003 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:02 pm

Realistic percentage chance of Athens leaving the TVC? I’m saying less than than 5%. They are a better competitive and size fit, but I don’t see them ever giving up their current travel for the TSL travel schedule.
I agree, they are the center of a small geographic conference. They won’t leave.

Return to “Football”