Warren 28 - 61 Fort Frye 2022

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: WK5 WARREN VS FORT FRYE

Post by EasternDspy »

Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:07 pm
Muskie740 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:48 pm Anyone know why the JV game between FF and Warren scheduled for Monday was canceled?
See above. Warren doesn’t have a JV. They all play varsity.
They have more players than Fort Frye

boss8
JV Team

Post by boss8 »

Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:26 am
boss8 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:21 am Fort could have scored 100 if they wanted to, but Coach Huck is a class act. Warren is really, really, really bad.
Warren is not bad. They are young, very, very young. Not just by age, but by varsity experience. More than half their starters would be playing JV on most of the teams in D4. No excuses, just facts. When you’re starting freshman in Ohio D4, your program isn’t where it needs to be. Good Luck Cadets from here on out. Great team with a boat load of talent and tradition. Doesn’t make Warren bad, Fort Frye is just that good.
If you can watch Warren and not think they are a very bad football team I very much question your knowledge and understanding of the sport.

Notsofastmyfriend
Freshman Team

Post by Notsofastmyfriend »

boss8 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:53 pm
boss8 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:21 am Fort could have scored 100 if they wanted to, but Coach Huck is a class act. Warren is really, really, really bad.
Warren is not bad. They are young, very, very young. Not just by age, but by varsity experience. More than half their starters would be playing JV on most of the teams in D4. No excuses, just facts. When you’re starting freshman in Ohio D4, your program isn’t where it needs to be. Good Luck Cadets from here on out. Great team with a boat load of talent and tradition. Doesn’t make Warren bad, Fort Frye is just that good.
If you can watch Warren and not think they are a very bad football team I very much question your knowledge and understanding of the sport.

Considering age vs age I guess you could say they are bad. I have plenty of football knowledge. I know you can’t compare apples and oranges too.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

boss8 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:53 pm
I think the point is they aren’t very good right now. It’s not for a lack of talent. We won’t be 15 and 16 years old forever. Judging a team mainly comprised of freshmen and sophomores that got beat by a senior loaded, regional final level team, is a bit much. We’re 7 points from being 3-2 and then the whole narrative changes. Is it disappointing, sure. Is it fair to call them “a very bad football team,” no. They still have a good chance to go 4-6, which would be a success of a season considering our age.

Return to “Football”