November 17, 2023 Harvest Prep 22 - 0 Wheelersburg

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Wheelersburg v Harvest Prep

Post by greygoose »

Ironton was lost playing HP they simply didn't know what to do with that speed and the talent up front just dominated them. Offensively they couldn't figure out if they wanted to try and run it, they couldn't but they didn't really want to pass it because they couldn't block HP up front and the WRs couldn't get open at all. Simply just found out how average they truly were, very overrated from start to finish it's a team that practices in May and plateaus in August.

Burg has already played HP and they won't be shocked or caught off guard by anything they do and the skill set they bring to the game. Question is going to be how much will burg have learned from that earlier game?? Burg has found their identity and I think they know exactly who they are it's enough to keep the game close but is it enough to push them over the top?? Sticking with Burg in a close one and won't be surprised if the kicking game decides this one.

The Ultimate Lancer
JV Team

Post by The Ultimate Lancer »

greygoose wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:25 pm Ironton was lost playing HP they simply didn't know what to do with that speed and the talent up front just dominated them. Offensively they couldn't figure out if they wanted to try and run it, they couldn't but they didn't really want to pass it because they couldn't block HP up front and the WRs couldn't get open at all. Simply just found out how average they truly were, very overrated from start to finish it's a team that practices in May and plateaus in August.

Burg has already played HP and they won't be shocked or caught off guard by anything they do and the skill set they bring to the game. Question is going to be how much will burg have learned from that earlier game?? Burg has found their identity and I think they know exactly who they are it's enough to keep the game close but is it enough to push them over the top?? Sticking with Burg in a close one and won't be surprised if the kicking game decides this one.
I’m sure they’ll give a valiant effort but it truly is time to roll out the 🏀 and see how good they can be on the hardwood this year. As for Ironton, out coached again and no surprise. The only good strategy their HC has ever managed was a few years ago when he escaped a good beat down by the CG coach. And that came from an Arn’ton insider. :mrgreen:

BRING BACK The used car salesman/part time football manager!
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Man, the Ironton trolls have came out in full force. I don't think I've ever seen anyone from Prep even on here.

Burg will compete in this game and if they can keep from giving up the big play like they did in the first meeting, they can win this!! Burg was able to run up the middle on Prep and look for a lot more of that. Burg needs to have long drives that ends in TD's. Keep Prepe offense on the sideline and they have a chance. Burg had the lead at half the last two years in the playoffs and didn't make good adjustments in the 2nd half. Look for a different Burg team this year.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

The Ultimate Lancer wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:57 pm
greygoose wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:25 pm Ironton was lost playing HP they simply didn't know what to do with that speed and the talent up front just dominated them. Offensively they couldn't figure out if they wanted to try and run it, they couldn't but they didn't really want to pass it because they couldn't block HP up front and the WRs couldn't get open at all. Simply just found out how average they truly were, very overrated from start to finish it's a team that practices in May and plateaus in August.

I’m sure they’ll give a valiant effort but it truly is time to roll out the 🏀 and see how good they can be on the hardwood this year. As for Ironton, out coached again and no surprise. The only good strategy their HC has ever managed was a few years ago when he escaped a good beat down by the CG coach. And that came from an Arn’ton insider. :mrgreen:

Why??? Because they beat Ironton??? Burg would have beat Ironton like a drum. We will see come Friday. I'm sure after Burg wins your clown ass will be nowhere to be found!!!

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:56 pm Man, the Ironton trolls have came out in full force. I don't think I've ever seen anyone from Prep even on here.

Burg will compete in this game and if they can keep from giving up the big play like they did in the first meeting, they can win this!! Burg was able to run up the middle on Prep and look for a lot more of that. Burg needs to have long drives that ends in TD's. Keep Prepe offense on the sideline and they have a chance. Burg had the lead at half the last two years in the playoffs and didn't make good adjustments in the 2nd half. Look for a different Burg team this year.
Don’t know if Burg will beat HP or not. But I do know Burg’s odds of winning the region title are much better than Ironton’s right now. :)

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:00 pm

Why??? Because they beat Ironton??? Burg would have beat Ironton like a drum. We will see come Friday. I'm sure after Burg wins your clown ass will be nowhere to be found!!!
Prep 31
Burg 21

#HatTrick

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Good luck Pirates.

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

Tri_State790 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:42 pm

Prep 31
Burg 21

#HatTrick
The win for prep in the regular season was already the hat trick…

Elijah Craig
Freshman Team

Post by Elijah Craig »

I have no dog in this fight, but I will tell ya this. Those coaches from burg will have a good game plan and those kids will execute it to the best of their ability

They will play hard. I can’t remember a time when they didn’t

If the lose, it won’t be anything other than HP being a better team

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

The Ultimate Lancer wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:20 pm
scott1297 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:10 pm
The Ultimate Lancer wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:24 pm

Agree. Roll out the basketballs and lower the baskets fellas. It’s bout to be basketball season in da’ Burg. :mrgreen:
Atleast Burg has another week of practice and another game and who knows If Burg plays pretty much mistake free and limits preps big plays I truly believe Burg has a great chance of winning so proud of how much those boys have improved through out the year and my nephew #28 has worked his but off to be in this position and very proud of him so GO BURG WIN THIS REGION CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!
Come on man, you know they already out kicked their coverage. It’s time to roll out the basketballs 🏀
Did the Lancers even kickoff this year? I know they chickened out last year but wasn’t certain about this year…

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

Will Harvest Prep be the Home team? Surprisingly they had the visitors side full vs Ironton last week

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Go ahead and start the Ironton @ Burg thread for 2024

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

522Pirate wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:49 pm
Tri_State790 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:42 pm

Prep 31
Burg 21

#HatTrick
The win for prep in the regular season was already the hat trick…
Yup. Sure was. Lol.

#Sweep lol

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

Bfan99 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:41 pm Will Harvest Prep be the Home team? Surprisingly they had the visitors side full vs Ironton last week
Preps the higher seed correct?

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

Tri_State790 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:43 am
Bfan99 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:41 pm Will Harvest Prep be the Home team? Surprisingly they had the visitors side full vs Ironton last week
Preps the higher seed correct?
HP is the home team in all aspects EXCEPT Wheelersburg fans will sit on the Home side (more seats/fans). HP still gets home on scoreboard, coin flip and locker room.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

My take is that was just a spill over of Ironton fans from the home side because no way, shape or form did Prep bring enough fans to fill up a visitors side.

Burg's side will not be as full this week due to the location. I'm telling you older fans will not make that drive to Athens but would have somewhere up 23.

Would be nice to know if Chillicothe or Teays Valley were even offered the chance to host

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:40 am

My take is that was just a spill over of Ironton fans from the home side because no way, shape or form did Prep bring enough fans to fill up a visitors side.

Burg's side will not be as full this week due to the location. I'm telling you older fans will not make that drive to Athens but would have somewhere up 23.

Would be nice to know if Chillicothe or Teays Valley were even offered the chance to host
The location is the location, let it go. While I agree I wished it would've been played at Chilli or Waverly I've been going to Burg games my entire life, I'm not buying this. It's the Regional Championship game, the stands will be packed, older fans and grandparents will find a ride if need be. We always travel well. We fill up The Convo time and time again, this won't be different.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:06 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:40 am

The location is the location, let it go. While I agree I wished it would've been played at Chilli or Waverly I've been going to Burg games my entire life, I'm not buying this. It's the Regional Championship game, the stands will be packed, older fans and grandparents will find a ride if need be. We always travel well. We fill up The Convo time and time again, this won't be different.
100 percent agree. The only thing I could see holding some back is the weather. Hoping the rain will not be in play on Friday. Both teams will probably run the ball, so I dont think this will come into play for the game, maybe special teams.

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

Prep may have brought a crowd…I know for the games we’ve played them in basketball at the Convo they have brought a bus load or two of students.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

522Pirate wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:24 am Prep may have brought a crowd…I know for the games we’ve played them in basketball at the Convo they have brought a bus load or two of students.
They've already beat wheelersburg 3 outta 3 times right?

So that great burg fan turn out fell way short of being a 12th man.

So this subject is likely irrelevant.

Return to “Football”