Playoffs: D4 #7 New Lexington (8-2) @ #2 Westfall (10-0)

bman618
Varsity

Playoffs: D4 #7 New Lexington (8-2) @ #2 Westfall (10-0)

Post by bman618 »

What does everyone think? I see the ballgame being good in the first half but I see Westfall pulling away around midway through the second half.

jkumpire
Waterboy

Westfall in a blow out

Post by jkumpire »

New Lex is young, small, and slow. We can't run it, can't throw it, can't catch it. Defense is weak, special teams are mundane. Great coaching staff looks good on the sideline. Great camera crew. Cheerleaders are good.

Westfall fans should stay home next Saturday and watch Ohio State so the 50 or so NL fans that come can get good seats to listen to a great band at halftime.

Will officiate anything-- But Baseball Season is Never Far Away!
bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

jk, You're giving Lou Holtz a run for his money. New Lex is going to play a good football game, is going to travel well and the game should be a good atmosphere. They are the defending regional runner-up so the Mustangs need to bring the A game.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Thats funny !! :lol:

The MVL is a far tougher league than the SVC. That said, Westfall will be a slight favorite only as a league champ vs. an also ran. New Lex winning wouldn't be a surprise .

Should be a good game. Game will be won in the trenches. Early on, I'll call it a toss up, until I know more about both.

Have gun, will travel
jkumpire
Waterboy

Paladin, drop me an e-mail

Post by jkumpire »

I'll pass along what I can

jkumpire@yahoo.com

jkumpire
Waterboy

Like the Sticky said

Post by jkumpire »

Hop on MVL forum and talk to us.

Also, let us know about some food, and how long it might take to get there from Lancaster, since we 3 or 4 people in Perry County who drive know how to get there. The field is right off 22 correct?

My impression is that your visitors stands are small also. If I am wrong let me know, and how big is your press box?

Finally, any local radion around there picking up the game?

If someone can post a roster here, post it on MVL Forum, or send it to me at jkumpire@yahoo.com, I'll post a NL roster.

Let's have fun with this one.

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

jk, the visiting stands are kind of small so get there early. The press box is not very large and WKKJ 94.3FM will carry the game.

Take 22 through Circleville to St. Rt. 56. 56 takes you to Westfall.

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Probably 45-55 minutes from Lancaster. Food would include stopping at Gibbys (sports bar on Main St. in Circleville. On right side of road past the Court and Main street intersection, there is a traffic light for a crosswalk close to it). Roosters on US Rt. 23 South (take the US 23 ramp off of 22) and Bob Evans also on 23. Food at the stadium is good.

Riverrat Tiger
Freshman Team

Post by Riverrat Tiger »

Gotta take the Mustangs in this one. But the 1st round of the playoffs, you just never know.

I have one sin, and that is that I want to win too badly.--Woody Hayes
14U
S

Post by 14U »

N Lex plays good teams week in and week out. Right now I would go with N Lex.

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

I'm not a big defender of the SVC. While the league is getting better, it doesn't hold with the MSL, MVL, SEOAL, etc. New Lex is a good football team and they've been tested in their league. Westfall had a good walk through with Piketon that helped but the concern is always increasing the intensity for Week 11.

jkumpire
Waterboy

Thanks Bman

Post by jkumpire »

I am part of the NL camera crew, can two of us work in the press box?

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Westfall wins this in at home in the "frozen Tundra" (as Eagles like to call it :lol: ) After the 1/2 mile walk from the locker room wears out the panthers. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

JK tell them to get There early, as the only local game in the area Sat/ night you are talking fans from all 4 county teams, fans from ACC, and fans from the rest of the SVC teams to be there. as well as many others. I look for this crowd to be way larger than last years to support the mustangs.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

JK you will not find a roster posted or stats anywhere online. The gazette sis not do that this year for some reason for any of the local teams. And don't think for a minute that any of us believe:

New Lex is young, small, and slow. We can't run it, can't throw it, can't catch it. Defense is weak, special teams are mundane. Great coaching staff looks good on the sideline. Great camera crew. Cheerleaders are good.

Westfall fans should stay home next Saturday and watch Ohio State so the 50 or so NL fans that come can get good seats to listen to a great band at halftime.

Cause we have read you posts all year long.

I do however think New Lex will have trouble matching up with aloot of westfalls speed.

If you have the roster from when we played West M. then you pretty much have the roster for now any Soph of Frosh on that list is who will be playing on the field Sat. night.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

JK heres pics of the visitor side seating

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Hard to say. Depends on how many people are up top. Best to find all this stuff out when New Lex talks with the Westfall folks.

Region 15
JV Team

Post by Region 15 »

jkumpire, You sound like the Mooney people describing their team in preseason. Small, slow, weak, can't pass. lol!

mvlnewlex
All Conference

Post by mvlnewlex »

oh, no.. It looks like I will be visiting with Mstangmom. ! LOL

This should be a good game.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Someone help me, Are they really going to allow NLP to enter

MUSTANG COUNTRY

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mvlnewlex
All Conference

Post by mvlnewlex »

I shall be there. ;-)

Williamsport is not far from Deer Creek Lake, correct ? I like it there. We went camping over there a lot when I was little.

Return to “Football”