#3 Wheelersburg V.S. #7 Fredericktown - Regional Semi-Finals

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

#3 Wheelersburg V.S. #7 Fredericktown - Regional Semi-Finals

Post by Mad-Dogg »

lets get some thoughts on this game. burg is comin in off of a 21-13 win at ed miller over ridgewood while fredericktown is comin in off a 14-6 win over buckeye trail.

calpreps

Wheelersburg (OH) 21, Fredericktown (OH) 14

Bigboy52
All State

Post by Bigboy52 »

Good Luck Pirates!

WAKE UP AMERICA!!!!!!!!!
Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Go PIRATES!!
4 More Wins!

Proud_Pirate
Waterboy

Re: #3 Wheelersburg V.S. #7 Fredericktown - Regional Semi-Fi

Post by Proud_Pirate »

Mad_Dogg wrote:lets get some thoughts on this game. burg is comin in off of a 21-13 win at ed miller over ridgewood while fredericktown is comin in off a 14-6 win over buckeye trail.

calpreps

Wheelersburg (OH) 21, Fredericktown (OH) 14

Mad_Dogg are you still asleep? I looked on Calpreps and no prediction on there yet. Here is all I see "Wheelersburg (OH) vs. Fredericktown (OH) at TBA, 7:30pm".

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

Proud Pirate,

You are able to "project a matchup" on calpreps and the prediction is
Burg 21 Freddies 14.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

BULDOG wrote:Proud Pirate,

You are able to "project a matchup" on calpreps and the prediction is
Burg 21 Freddies 14.

thank you buldog..

here you go proud pirate. see for your self. LOL

http://www.calpreps.com/cgi-bin/2007/project_matchup.pl

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

go gettem burg all kidding aside i give a lot of grief to some of the so called legends in their own mind teams around here but the burg i hold in high esteem

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Burg will need to be a little more polished on the offensive side of the ball.

They need to stop trying to get cute with the ball by switching up QB's and ride the bull that got you there. I would think that you would want that Senior leadership when you are in the redzone.

Burg can win and can play with anyone in DIV V, if they are on. They withstood a 20 play, 10 minute drive last night and still came back to win. Ridgewood was very good at ball control, I think they just got wore down in the second half. They had alot of players that went both ways. If I'm guessing right, none of the Burg's offensive lineman play defense and that can make a huge difference in the 4th qtr of a ballgame. If your lineman have a little energy left in the 4th and the defensive line has been out on the field almost all game, that will always play into the hands of the offensive lineman. Easier to get the blocks on the defense and you are able to drive them off the ball.

Good luck Pirates next Friday. I will be there with my AIS watching for hopefully another Pirate victory.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Congratulations Pirates!!!!!!!! Good Luck next week, keep rollin'!

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I think burg can win this game.. we just need to work a little more on ball control, we can't be fumbling this late in the season :!: all that aside I will say burg in a close one 14-7 :!:

GO BURG

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Has everyone seen the bracket on this game?

The Burg will be the visitors for this game, so it looks like even though Burg is the higher seed, we are going to get skewered and have to sit on the visitors side of whatever stadium we play at.

I'm not sure if that is how it is done, but Burg is definetly the visitors.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

I thought the switching of the qbs contraversy would have been settled after week 9 and 10. Lang scored 5tds running the option in those 2 games. Lang might have played the best ballgame I have ever seen a soph play for the burg against waverly. I would put lang in everytime inside the ten, I think he gives you the best chance to score in the redzone. lewis has done a nice job using 2 very talented qbs.

phishing
Waterboy

Post by phishing »

Good luck Burg . Keep on winning.

May the Birds of Paradise Fly Up Your Nose.
earp
S

Post by earp »

Athens for a site maybe?

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

anyone heard where we are playin at yet?

mapquest:

Total Est. Time: 2 hours, 49 minutes
Total Est. Distance: 151.57 miles
Last edited by Mad-Dogg on Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

I thought the 2 headed monster @ QB was a bad call before, but the more they have done it the more they have ran it with success. It works just as much as any play! Although I think that they don't use the Spradlin height advantage enough against a corner. That could be a bread & butter play!

GO BURG!!

phishing
Waterboy

Post by phishing »

I dont think they announce where teams play until 2 this afternoon.

May the Birds of Paradise Fly Up Your Nose.
iwearblacknikes
S

Post by iwearblacknikes »

THE BURG

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:If I'm guessing right, none of the Burg's offensive lineman play defense and that can make a huge difference in the 4th qtr of a ballgame. If your lineman have a little energy left in the 4th and the defensive line has been out on the field almost all game, that will always play into the hands of the offensive lineman. Easier to get the blocks on the defense and you are able to drive them off the ball.

I think more than anything, this is why Wheelersburg has been successful this year and other teams around the area need to look at it also. The D-line that Burg starts may not be the best that they can put out there for 1 series, but over a 4 quarter game they get better as the offensive line from the other team gets tired from playing both ways. And as you say, it helps your offensive line also. Skill guys and guys who play in space can play both ways and be ok, but lineman can't, especially when your mostly outsized like wheelersburg is.

What type of team is Fredricktown?

oldschooler
Waterboy

Post by oldschooler »

Great Job Pirates, I will be following you until the end in late Nov. You got to get it done week by week. I like the switching of QB's but keep in mind, Lang is a Soph and a good player, he hides the ball better than any I have seen so far and Lewis needs to be calling the plays to him. Straight plays need to be called when in the redzone. Either fake or hand to White, or Stamper, or run the option, but Friday night they ran Stamper first play, White second, and then threw to Conley in the Endzone, was a good pass, defender made a great play, but Spradlin may have led him a little more. Spradlin could have done the same thing and he is your starter, if you put Lang in to run, then let him run. Just MHO! Pirates have done a great job and Cook has made some of the best catches I have ever seen over the last few weeks. I have seen Conley make some one handed grabs and have his legs cut out from underneath him. Jenkins and Burgiss over the last few years do the same. Defense is doing their job and a little more. Offense is doing much better that the last time I watched them. I look for the Pirates to go for a few more weeks. Good Luck! Great job Blevings!! You missed a pass the first time and then came back big two times later

Return to “Football”