OST
Freshman Team

Minford 2008

Post by OST »

Falcons of 08

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I talked to a few of the Falcon fans while they were playing at Johnstown and they said 08 will be a long rebuilding year.

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

It was probably the parents of this year's seniors that said that and last year's senior parents said the same thing about this year's team being a re-building team, yet they went 8-2 and made the playoffs. Either that or someone that knows NOTHING about Minford football and the talent that is returning.

Minford has around 45 players returning next year and will re-load, not re-build. I think nearly every position already has a solid replacement in-the-making as long as they work hard in the off-season to prepare. There was more depth on this year's team than what many saw and there were quite a few kids on the sidelines this year that could have started for many teams, so I don't see next year being a re-building year. The one noticeable gap will be Reynolds and it will be interesting to see who steps into that position. There are 2-3 backs that are able to and it will come down to off-season conditioning.

falconflyer
Freshman Team

Post by falconflyer »

Like any team the off season will tell the tale. Minford loses a great senior class and some players are going to have to step up. I think that the players are there to step up. I look for Minford to have a great season next year. I'd expect the team to be faster as a whole. 4 of 6 starters on the O line graduate and they will be hard to replace. This includes both TEs that played. All 3 RBs graduate. I think that there are plenty of possibilities but some seniors to be will have to step up like last years seniors did.

awesomepossum
Freshman Team

Post by awesomepossum »

RogueWarrior1965 wrote:It was probably the parents of this year's seniors that said that and last year's senior parents said the same thing about this year's team being a re-building team, yet they went 8-2 and made the playoffs. Either that or someone that knows NOTHING about Minford football and the talent that is returning.

I always said this past years team would be good, but I do believe next year will be a rebuilding year. I wouldnt say a long rebuilding, but not exactly a reloading team. No, Im not a parent, nor somebody who knows NOTHING about Minford football. I hope they prove me wrong.

Good Luck In 2008!

falconflyer
Freshman Team

Post by falconflyer »

Minford returns a lot of defensive players who started games this year. The rebuilding will be on offense. I'd expect Minford to pass more. This year's seniors did a great job and are sure going to be missed.

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Maybe the support should start NOW, with the posts that are left as most, if not all, the kids read and/or hear about what is written on here and on JJ. It starts in December and trust me, it is a reload, NOT a rebuild. Anyone that does not believe that will be in for a surprise just like many of this year's naysayers were.

All that was said last year is how much Minford would be down this year and look at what happened.....the 2nd best record in school history, the playoffs, a running game AND a passing game (for the first time in how long?). Daniels and Company are working their butts off to change Minford Football and the community perception. How about let's back the kids and build them up and wait until next season begins before any judgments are made. These kids believe in themselves and the coaches, and the coaches believe in them. Good luck in the off season and 2008.

awesomepossum
Freshman Team

Post by awesomepossum »

RogueWarrior1965 wrote:Maybe the support should start NOW, with the posts that are left as most, if not all, the kids read and/or hear about what is written on here and on JJ. It starts in December and trust me, it is a reload, NOT a rebuild. Anyone that does not believe that will be in for a surprise just like many of this year's naysayers were.

All that was said last year is how much Minford would be down this year and look at what happened.....the 2nd best record in school history, the playoffs, a running game AND a passing game (for the first time in how long?). Daniels and Company are working their butts off to change Minford Football and the community perception. How about let's back the kids and build them up and wait until next season begins before any judgments are made. These kids believe in themselves and the coaches, and the coaches believe in them. Good luck in the off season and 2008.

The support doesn't need to start, Its already here, and I don't believe its going anywhere.

The Falcons should go through the offseason and into next year with a purpose. They have something to prove: Minford has a great football program on the rise and didn't "just get lucky one year because of a good senior class."

And RogueWarrior1965, if you are trying to label me as a naysayer, or negative, you have another thing coming.

falconflyer
Freshman Team

Post by falconflyer »

We can agree on this: support the team and encourage them in the off season. Work and intensity in the next 9 to 10 months will control the out come next year.

the lone ranger
Riding the Bench

Post by the lone ranger »

Minford has a very good chance of making another playoff apperance next year (If they can get some good teams to replace the teams that left their schedule) I see Oesch having a huge year next year at QB he has alot of weapons that he can use, Corey Mcknight, Shaz Malone, Brandon McCormick will all be back and some possible new starters that could make some noise are Mark Slone, Ray Bryan, Josh Grahm, Tyler Fitzgerald, and Eric Segling (spelling) the only concern I have is the OL for next year there will be some inexperinced players but Coach McRoberts will have them more than ready im sure I look for Seth Howard and T.J. Alley along with "Big" Ethan Hockett to be the leaders on the OL and the defense returns everyone but 3 starters losing both DE's and Reynolds in the middle but they have some guys that can pick up the slack, should be an exciting season next year.

the lone ranger
Riding the Bench

Btw to prove my point on last years team being able to throw the ball when needed since so many people said we were one-dimensional here are some stats for you

Completions-64 Attempts-118 Yards-932 TD's-4

MinnyAckMack10
Freshman Team

Post by MinnyAckMack10 »

Yes, Minford should be alright; however they need another hard off season.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

it is a reload, NOT a rebuild

:roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Awesome Possum......

No, I am not, but the post could have been interpreted as somewhat negative. There is too much talent coming back for it to be a rebuilding year. I have no issue with you so don't take it that way. My point was everyone from and/or supporting Minford needs to continue to be positive in what is posted, that's all.

BTW, how did you get my quote in that box? I tried to reply to your quote, but it does not show up the same way.

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

I believe Falcon Football is changing. Next year will tell the tale. Most of us thought with the loss of the 2007 class, there were some big shoes to fill . Guess what ! They were filled.
If this group of young men want it bad enough next year, It will happen.
FALCONISM !
IT`S HERE TO STAY !!

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

I agree. Coach Daniels has instilled a desire to win that I havent seen in awhile. The underclassman got a taste of what sucess really is and I know for a fact they eager as ever to get back in the weightroom. I think the skill positions will be very good next year as they had some fine young men to look up to last year. The only concern I have is the OL. Heck who knows maybe we may even see a Spread formation take form on the Pasture of Pain. God Forbid. :lol:

the lone ranger
Riding the Bench

I could see Minford going to a spread this year because of all the talent at the skill positions but I don't know if Coach Daniels will want to go away from the Wing-t just after 1 year of bringing it back

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

I'm sure he will run whatever offense that best suites his sort of players.

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

Don`t look now, but some more of the Players of the past are comming back! Just look in the weight room next Tuesday !!

We`ll be BACK !!

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

How are the numbers looking in the weight room?

Return to “Football”