Matt Lockard- Wellston
Kevin King- Wellston
Offensive Player of the year- Cornelius English, Meigs
Defensive Player of the year- Ashton Packard, Belpre
Coach of the year- Curt Shriver, Belpre

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Congrats to all, especially to coach Shriver from Belpre and his Golden Eagles.

afan
Riding the Bench

Post by afan »

Congrats to all the tvc players that were all district and all conference selections; and especially to Belpre's players and coaches.

It's too bad that we have to rely on the Athens Messanger and a Meigs co. paper for proper coverage, when we have two local papers that most of us subscribe or buy on a daily basis. This comment is not meant to place blame on anyone, I just don't understand why so many important Belpre sporting events don't seem to get the coverage that they merit.

otterslide
JV Team

Post by otterslide »

I know the head coach for Belpre submitted it. I myself also sent it to them. I have no clue what they are doing or what the point is with the newspaper. Guess I will have to get the Athens Messenger from now on.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Because it is more important to the sports editor at the News and Sentinel to publish the betting lines for the college and pro games then it is to publish local info.

Jim Snyder would roll over in his grave if he could see how the local sports coverage is today at the News and Sentinel.

Run Bubba Run
Freshman Team

Post by Run Bubba Run »

I have yet to see the TVC All-Conference selections for the Hocking Division. Maybe soon. Yeah sure...

Those schools are also a part of the TVC. If the News & Sentinel paper is the Parkersburg paper, I can only say that back in the first 25 years of the league, they did a great job.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Run Bubba Run wrote:I have yet to see the TVC All-Conference selections for the Hocking Division. Maybe soon. Yeah sure...

Those schools are also a part of the TVC. If the News & Sentinel paper is the Parkersburg paper, I can only say that back in the first 25 years of the league, they did a great job.

The Hocking is a different league and needs to use its own letters instead of T-V-C. The Ohio and Hocking are so seperated from each other that their all-league selections aren't even published at the same time. It's time to do what is inevitable......break away the "divisions" and just have seperate conferences because that is basicly what you have now.

The Athens Messenger does do a good job of covering high school sports, and this is even more evident when you do compare it to the Parkersburg and Marietta papers online.

Prodigy
Freshman Team

Post by Prodigy »

congratulations to all the TVC players and congratulations to all Belpre players, you worked hard and earned this honor. Cogratulations to Ashton Packard and Coach Shriver.

afan
Riding the Bench

Post by afan »

How can you be defensive player of the year in your conference, when you only make 2nd team defense in your district?

gpgm6566
Varsity

Post by gpgm6566 »

afan, one doesn't have anything to do with the other.

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

Captain Jack, What Investigation????????

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

NY is not in last place. Yes, there is an investigation but I as of now has not been resolved. I was told by a VERY reliable source that this situation would be worked out and not in the scenario people are saying, or for that matter, hoping.

gpgm6566
Varsity

Post by gpgm6566 »

Not every one is hoping; if NY did any thing wrong, it was unintentional. They don't have to cheat to beat. They have too much class for that.

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

gpgm6566 wrote:Not every one is hoping; if NY did any thing wrong, it was unintentional. They don't have to cheat to beat. They have too much class for that.

well said, thanks gpgm.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

But they did :roll:

gpgm6566
Varsity

Post by gpgm6566 »

BM, get a life. Someone elses misfortune is not going to make your team better.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Just giving the facts as I know them :!:

Sorry if it bothers you,as for the Rockets they will be better. This misfourtune should have been avoided ,like you said they have a good program why take a chance :?:

But I like Buchtel its a nice place ;-) :razz:

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

Actually, the rules were not necessarily broken. That is why there is an investigation to see if rules were broken. All I am saying is rather than jump to conclusions let's wait to see if there were. Then OHSAA will make a determination and NY will deal with the consequences if there are any.

Yes it would be unfortunate if NY had to forfeit the season, not the end of the world, but unfortunate. But, if you think for one minute that any reporting on this website was done under anything other than gleeful envy, you would be mistaken.

Return to “Football”