got a loaded question

91blue14
SE

got a loaded question

Post by 91blue14 »

what is the difference in class in high school :arrow: college to call off the dogs :?: i know i am bored but just watched WVU just drill UCONN :arrow: did they do it with class know doubt they had better backs :arrow: or DID UCONN LAY DOWN :?:

JohnKnight
Varsity

Post by JohnKnight »

big difference when WVU's fate is left to BCS voters. They have to prove they belong in the BCS NC game!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

JohnKnight wrote:big difference when WVU's fate is left to BCS voters. They have to prove they belong in the BCS NC game!

Exactly. A big blowout win over a top 25 team at this time of the yaer will look good on WVU resume when it comes to voting for the BCS title game.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

so we are holding college to another standard :?:

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Good point 91 blue ;-)

10mike
Riding the Bench

Post by 10mike »

Not saying this is the way it SHOULD be but it is the way it IS. Major college ball is a business, plain and simple! Id bet that if you were to ask WVU's president if he is more concerned with the emotional state of the UCONN players, or the millions of dollars that WVU will get for playing in a BCS game, he will choose the latter.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

OHIO STATE doesnt pour on points like some of these other teams, i think tressell doesnt want to show up nobody, just get the W. and their non conference schedule is horrible. is this class for tress to call off the dogs or is their a difference in being OHIO STATE :?:

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

score doesnt count for anything in high school only the win or loss

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

tl895 wrote:score doesnt count for anything in high school only the win or loss

Not necessarily. I'm sure the AP voters look at the blowouts and decide the rankings on that. But I do agree that it doesn't mean much because the AP polls are usually a joke.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
JohnKnight
Varsity

Post by JohnKnight »

I am not so sure OSU can Pile on the points. Just not what they do. 2-0 works if you win them all. Now that OSU has a loss though it could bite them in the butt that they only scored 20 points against Akron!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I watched Conn. a couple times this year and I thought they would give them a good game.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

If humans are voting, they could get turned off by a team that "pours it on". You'd hate to think that would influence a voter but anything could happen.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

is that being classless by pouring it on :?:

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

That's a tough question because it's hard to say when it's too much. I would agree that WVU ran up the score Saturday. Rodriguez has always run his program with class so I'm not sure I'd categorize it as classless because of one major beatdown. If he does the same to Pitt this week, maybe I'd reconsider.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Just the way it is in college football. I would not say OSU has not done it also over the course of time.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

SOMETIMES WHEN YOU ARE SO LOADED WITH TALENT, YOU PUT IN 2ND TEAMERS, AND THEY STILL SCORE AT WILL, SOMETIMES IT CAN'T BE HELPED. ----------- SOMETIMES THE OTHER TEAM, JUST NEEDS TO MAKE SOME PLAYS . but the bcs computer only recognizes wins and losses. not like an ap poll, which thrives on style points.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

ok style points the college game figures it after a 3td lead. is this a classy act to chase carrot to move you ahead by a big number on the score board :?:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

DON'T REALLY UNDERSTAND THE QUESTION, TRY AGAIN IN ENGLISH, if you are asking if i agree with style points, i most certainly don't . leaving starters in to increase an already insurmountable lead, not only leads to injuries from frustration. but serves no purpose in my book. get the game in hand, play reserves, and get them game experience. so next years team, will know what they are doing. ;-)
Last edited by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT on Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

SO YTB from what i take from you is beating them down without subbing is classless :idea:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

correct. if the lead is substantial. and basically over.

Return to “Football”