Re-Frank Mapes
Rolb-Cody Huff
Mlb-Brandon Trace
Mlb-Josh Brown
Lolb-Eric Landrum
Cb-Derek Meredith
Cb-Lukas Lindamood
S-Tyler Boggs

This year i think if all of these players that i named are able to play Jackson should have a big year in 08..Maybe even a deep run in the playoffs!

Any thoughts?

JHS4EVER
JV Team

Post by JHS4EVER »

Everything looks ok except the QB position. Josh Brown is Jackson's QB for another year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Mapes playing for Jackson? :?

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

I think those lineups could be pretty close. Isn't Klingaman back this year? If so, he'll probably get some playing time at DE again. And I really don't think there's any way that Josh Brown will play ILB. He may play somewhere else on defense, but he might not play defense at all if he ends up being the QB.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Unless something has changed, this should be the schedule for Jackson in 2008.

At Wellston
At Waverly
Vinton Co.
Portsmouth
At Gallia Academy
At Marietta
At Ironton
Chillicothe
Logan
Zanesville

The schedule is going to be extremely difficult, espeically adding Logan and Zanesville to replace Athens and Warren. I think the Ironmen still have a lot of talent coming back and are capable of putting together a very good season. They absolutely cannot turn the ball over like they did last year, though. That just can't happen if they want to be competitive.

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Looks like the scheduling gods did you no favor. Comparing your first 5 games with your last 5. If you win 3 of last 5 it looks like playoffs. Especially one of last three. But you do have those at home.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Yeah, I'm glad that we get Chillicothe, Logan, and Zanesville at home but it's going to be an extremely tough stretch to end the season with those three games plus Ironton in Week 7.

Region 8 is a very tough region. Jackson still wouldn't have even been in the playoffs at 8-2 last season. If the Ironmen can get through the non-conference schedule at 3-0, then I think they can make a run at 8 wins and a playoff spot this time around. If not, then they can still have a solid season, but the playoffs would be a reach.

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

They will make it at 8-2 next year. That is a pretty good trade up going from Athens and Warren to Logan and Zville. I won't go into the nonconference schedule. You know where i stand on that one.

BTW, I think even Wellston and VC may give you more points next year than what you got this year.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

2old,

I agree that Wellston and VC will have better seasons next year, so that could help as long as the Ironmen win those games. A win over Waverly would be nice because I'm sure they'll have another good season even after losing a lot of seniors. I still don't know for sure if 8-2 will be good enough to get the Ironmen into the playoffs in Region 8, though. It could be enough, but it will depend on who Jackson's wins would come against. In 2006, they had a win over a 7-3 Chillicothe team that basically propelled them into the playoffs, but even that was in Region 12. I think it would take a win over another SEOAL team with an overall record similar to that for Jackson to feel comfortable at 8-2.

That said, 8-2 is going to be a tough task with that SEOAL schedule.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

I see them finishing no better then 4-6 next year.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

I say 9-1 ;-) :twisted:

Good luck Ironmen :-D

Sports 101
Varsity

Post by Sports 101 »

Did the Ryan Hughes move to Piketon?

Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

I haven't heard anything about Hughes moving yet, but it's possible. I really hope he didn't, though. He had a great season for the Ironmen last year and there were high expectations for him this coming season.

Sports 101
Varsity

Post by Sports 101 »

I have talked to a couple of Piketon players, and they told me he is over here and taking class. I've heard he was a tremoundous ball player, so i am glad to see him come over. And the boys said he is a great kid! Can you guys tell me anything about him?

Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

I really hate to hear that Ryan is definitely not at Jackson now. He'll be missed.

Ryan played OT/DE for the Ironmen last season. He was All-SEOAL and All-Southeast District Honorable Mention. He's about 6'2" 265lbs. and seemed to be very strong. He plays hard and really did a great job on both sides of the ball last season. Everyone really seemed to like him, so Piketon is getting a great person and a great football player.

Sports 101
Varsity

Post by Sports 101 »

I have heard a lot of good things about him, I am really glad he is here. He will be a nice fit for the Streaks! 8)

10mike
Riding the Bench

Post by 10mike »

I'm assuming that Athens departure from the league had no impact on the schedule because they were due to rotate off the schedule anyway. Is this correct?

Can you post the explanation for how the SEOAL is going to handle scheduling now that Athens is gone?

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I imagine since both the SEOAL and TVC OHIO will have non league games late in the season due to an odd number of league members, we will see many SEOAL vs TVC OHIO matchups during those weeks in the near future, as these will be the schools that need a game that late in the year. Next year will already give us 3 of these matchups late in the season that I know of.......Ironton vs. Nelsonville-York, Warren vs. Meigs, and Gallia Academy vs. Wellston. The TVC schools will always have the same open date every year, but the SEOAL teams will change every two years through rotations in the schedule.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

it'll be good seeing you guys after a 2 year layoff.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

10mike,

I don't remember exactly, but I think it only affects Jackson and Chillicothe. The Ironmen and Cavs will be forced to play 7 SEOAL games while the other eight teams will play only 6 games.

All the North teams will have to find replacements on their schedules with Athens leaving. Ironton, GAHS, and Portsmouth were the South teams scheduled to play Athens this coming year so they will have to find replacements as well. Jackson and Chillicothe will have a full slate of SEOAL games already scheduled and will proceed normally. I don't really like this since it forces two teams to play more league games. I would hope that there will be a better solution after 2008.

Return to “Football”