HOW LONG SHOULD A HC REMAIN AT THE HELM?

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

well some dont no how to hang up a telephone dont ya just hate that 8) :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

BigMcCauley55 wrote:i was just wondering if you were saying my splelling got better or my sentences made sense :lol:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------KNOW SUN, IME NUT SAYUN DAT AT ULL, UR SKOL IZ GUD. :shock: :shock:

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

THIS SHOULD COST MONEY, BUT IT DON'T , THANKS MATTASH. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

ytb that decipher stuff gives me a headache :razz: :shock:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

no, son, i'm not saying that at all. your school is good. go back, man. it's right there.

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

I read it clearly

:lol: :lol:

but really on the topic at Mariett Coach Spicer took a team to the playoffs which was amazing for Marietta and now Marietta has had some down seasons but i think He will pull the team out and back into the playoffs and if he leaves before that ill be a little disappointed because i think hes a great coach and i think as a senior next year we should be good my class would be the class that freshman year they only lost to Logan so we have all came together and next year is the year Coach and the players put it all together and i think surprise people

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

amazing :razz:

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

As long as the Head Coach has the support of his players, assistant coaches, the administration, and the community, in that order.

There are coaches, even today, who have been in the same position for 30+ years, have been extremely successful, and work extremely hard, year in and year out. As long as they work hard, have great assistant coaches, have the respect of the players, and represent the community well, then winning takes care of itself.

Then no one questions why "such and such" is still there. :roll:

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
whspirate
Waterboy

Post by whspirate »

I look at burgtowns comment about wburg coach not getting more players out for the team and that should be a factor in allowing a coach to remain or stay. Give me a break! Times have changed. Parents get to involved and kids are less motivated. There was a time when the coach would instruct a player to do something and he would do it no matter what. There was a time when players would try to complain to their parents and the parents would say "do what the coach says." Those days are over. Everyone wants to make excuses and they seem to need an explaination for everything that is done.
I tell my child that if he wants to participate in anything then he should go for it with everything he has. Once you start you finish no matter what! If it something that involves a team then be ready to make sacrafices for the team. Do not try to come home and complain about a teamate or coach unless you feel like they have broken the law. Once you finish then you can decide on what it is you want to accomplish the next year. If you do not like what happened the previous year then you have two options 1. work hard and try an change the outcome. 2. do not start.
Nothing is guaranteed, but you have to create your own opportunities through hard work.

Let the coach do what he does and allow the team to be a team. Cut out the cancer. If you want to be an individual and you think your child is the greatest then let him participate in golf, swimming, or track where they are responsible for theirself alone. Football is the greatest team sport there is and people forget about the sacrafices that are made on great teams. Especially at a D-V school like wheelersburg.

If this is the approach then more coaches would last longer. At least they did back in the day!

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

8)

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:BOB LUTZ, TURNING BOYS INTO MEN FOR OVER 35 YEARS ---------------------- NUFF SAID. :-D

Ooooops, he missed one..... :lol: :lol:

Be kind to all who come into your presence
RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

whspirate wrote:I look at burgtowns comment about wburg coach not getting more players out for the team and that should be a factor in allowing a coach to remain or stay. Give me a break! Times have changed.

There is some truth in that. Take a look at Minford and see what difference a coaching change made. They went from barely having 40 players to having almost 60. Even more kids are coming back to the program and while it is not all because of the coach (some returnees are jumping on the success bandwagon), a lot of it is. These kids are believing in themselves and a coaching change made the difference.

As for the coaches vs parents, I agree there are parents that get too involved and unfortunately it is not like it used to be where a coach would tell the parent to pound sand and either keep their nose out of it or they can take little Johnny home. If a coach does that today in our pathetic, politically correct society the spineless school boards would want to fire him.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

BigOrangeOne wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:BOB LUTZ, TURNING BOYS INTO MEN FOR OVER 35 YEARS ---------------------- NUFF SAID. :-D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I DIDN'T REALIZE YOU PLAYED FOR BOB, BOO. :lol: :lol: :lol:

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:
BigOrangeOne wrote:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I DIDN'T REALIZE YOU PLAYED FOR BOB, BOO. :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's because you were busy filling the water bottles while I was in the game being a hero. :roll: :lol: :lol:

Be kind to all who come into your presence
whspirate
Waterboy

Post by whspirate »

The bottom line is this: If you love football then you play the game.

I can not speak for the Minford coaching situation, but at wburg I can not think of one player who started the year before and did not play the year after. You always lose a couple of players because of multiple reasons or excuses. Some because they want to concentrate on another sport, which cracks me up. Others because they know they will not have a chance to play and the thought of holding a blow bag isnt appealing to them. Most of the time the commitment part in the off season is what kids now a days do not want to do. Every team has a player or two that disagrees with the coaching staff and they decide not to play or they quit.

I would venture to say that in 100% of those cases the parent is telling their child that they should be playing this position or they should be playing instead of another person. Again those parent/child combinations should participate in swimming, golf, or track. Individual sports.... not team sports because they have no clue what the meaning of team is!

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

Post by TheMalteseFalcon »

whspirate wrote: You always lose a couple of players because of multiple reasons or excuses. Some because they want to concentrate on another sport, which cracks me up

Me too !! :lol: :lol:

hilltopkid
Freshman Team

Post by hilltopkid »

whspirate wrote:The bottom line is this: If you love football then you play the game.

I can not speak for the Minford coaching situation, but at wburg I can not think of one player who started the year before and did not play the year after. You always lose a couple of players because of multiple reasons or excuses. Some because they want to concentrate on another sport, which cracks me up. Others because they know they will not have a chance to play and the thought of holding a blow bag isnt appealing to them. Most of the time the commitment part in the off season is what kids now a days do not want to do. Every team has a player or two that disagrees with the coaching staff and they decide not to play or they quit.

I would venture to say that in 100% of those cases the parent is telling their child that they should be playing this position or they should be playing instead of another person. Again those parent/child combinations should participate in swimming, golf, or track. Individual sports.... not team sports because they have no clue what the meaning of team is!

Very nice post.How true it is.

Lonesome Polecat
Freshman Team

Re: HOW LONG SHOULD A HC REMAIN AT THE HELM?

Post by Lonesome Polecat »

Hammer them and replace them with some kids daddy

eagle one
Freshman Team

Post by eagle one »

keep winning and the point is mout

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

Lonesome Polecat wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:53 pm Hammer them and replace them with some kids daddy
Ahhh… good ole daddy ball. The number one reason coaches leave or get ran out. :shock:

Return to “Football”